Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dragon*Con 2012

Discussion in Entertainment started by Vadleon, Aug 30, 2012

1. Jan 12, 2011
    Not sure how many of you know about this (and probably fewer actually going), but tomorrow Dragon*Con starts! [IMG]

For those unfamiliar, Dragon*Con is a massive convention held in Atlanta, Georgia over Labor Day weekend (Aug 31 - Sept 3). It features 4 days of scifi and fantasy, comics, gaming, art, music, and much more. People flood into the city by the thousands to see panels of their favorite stars (and meet them!), purchase goodies at the dealers, take in the views (or costumes), and meet up with fellow eggheads of their chosen franchise. While the admission can be steep ($120 for all 4 days), I consider it a very worthwhile trip to the city. It takes place in 5 of the largest hotels in Atlanta (Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Westin, and Sheraton) and it's still growing. Oh yeah, and on Saturday Peachtree Street is closed for the Annual Parade for everyone in costume! No admission needed for that, since everyone gets to pile onto the sidewalks to see publicly the amazing effort put into each other's costumes and vehicles! (Batmobile and Mad Max ftw!)

So, while it's a bit late to suggest this for people to meet up at (sorry guys :/), I was curious if anyone in the area was going. I certainly am, and you can be sure to see "Vadleon" on my badge. I'm still looking through the program for what I want to see, but I definitely will be collecting more dice (as always). 5 years going, and I've got something of a collection to feed. :razz:

For more information:
    This is the homepage for everything Dragon*Con. Info, directions, and much more!
    Dragon*Con Pocket Program
    This is a PDF of the pocket program that will be available during DC 2012. This will list all the people, places, and times for the Con.

I'll fill in some more info shortly, such as notable guests! Stay tuned for pictures after the Con!
    Vadleon, Aug 30, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Sep 9, 2012
  2. Aug 1, 2011
    Way to give a 1 day notice derp.
    I probably could have gone. Humph.
  3. Jan 12, 2011
    Sorry. :frown:

Depending on where you are and how (not) busy your weekend is, you can still go. Not doing people's schedules any favors, I know, but I wasn't really sure when to make a thread and then it ended up being too late. Curse my timing. :sweat:
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    I didn't bump this weeks ago with an update/info? Craaaaaaaaaaaap...

Anyway, yes I went all 4 days and yes I have tons of stuff to post in here (not boasting, please don't kill me). I have something like 5 hours of video and over 3000 pictures to sort through, though so it'll take some more time to condense into some posts. However, I will be posting a small and manageable MLP related batch in its respective thread soon, so head there if you want to see it since I'll be excluding most of it in here.

A bit of news: You can pre-order your 2013 badges now! If I had posted sooner (blarg on me), it would've been a little cheaper (as in during or just after the Con), but believe me when I say that the price is still WELL WORTH IT. You can buy it here from their store, and I'd suggest doing it sooner rather than later since the prices will increment the closer it gets to the Con. A listing of prices and dates can be found here. Currently and until 11/15/12, the price for the full 4-day pass is $75. Buying it now has a couple of advantages: 1) it's cheaper and 2) it gives you options if you don't know which days you want to go, but you know you want to attend. If anyone lives in the southeast and really likes this stuff, look into it and buy it ASAP! I cannot stress enough how worth it this is. One of my friends got roped along by his girlfriend this year and didn't even want to go, and is now completely stoked to go next year and the year after. That should say something.

I know @That Guy will be interested in this news.
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    Spyro forever best dragon.
  6. Jan 12, 2011

(In seriousness, I'm not sure if I saw a Spyro. :thinking: )