Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dragon Quest 11 PC/PS4

Discussion in Gaming started by dillinger, Sep 4, 2018

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Anyone getting this game? I have never played a Dragon Quest but I'm gonna pick it up on PC for sure. It looks like a pretty great JRPG from what I've seen, with oldskool turned based combat and Akira Toriyama art style.

• Like Like x 2
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Love me some classic jrpg's, I'll probably wait for a decent sale though.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Only a few hours in but I really love the game. The game mechanics are pretty simple as it is definitely a stripped down, traditional JRPG. However, there are secrets everywhere, tons of NPCs, huge world, and lots of other stuff. My favorite part so far is the writing and cutscenes. The story doesn't take itself too seriously and is really funny, very much like playing through an Akira Toriyama cartoon. Rarely in the past have I found myself laughing at the plot of video games, but this one definitely cracks me up and makes me smile. I also find myself losing it at the goofy look of a lot of the monsters, they are fuckin hilarious looking. Also been playing this stoned pretty much exclusively so that may contribute to laughing at all of its aspects.

9 DILLS OUT OF 10 (tentative rating)
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1