Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

DreamHack CS:GO BoostGate - fnatic VS. LDLC

Discussion in Gaming started by dillinger, Nov 28, 2014

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Dunno if you guys have been following DreamHack, but a major controversy erupted today during the final map of fnatic VS. LDLC's BO3 quarterfinal.

Basically, fnatic discovered a "questionable" boost spot months ago, sat on it without revealing it, then decided to use it to gain an advantage when they were down 13-3 against LDLC on the final map, Overpass. fnatic went on to win thanks in large part to the advantage they gained from this spot, along with LDLC's lack of knowledge of how to counter it.

Here is a video that sums it up:

As you can see in this screenshot, one guy is basically floating while another stands on his head to look over the wall:

[IMG]

A screenshot from Hammer, showing that the spot was meant to be clipped.

[IMG]

What do you guys think? Boosting / 'pixelwalking' is something that has existed since pretty much the beginning in Counter-Strike and I think it's pretty interesting that it has come up in such a major way at what is arguably one of the biggest events for CS:GO.

IMO its a blatant exploit and fnatic should be DQ'd. Pretty shameless of them to hold onto this for months rather than revealing it and giving VALVe the opportunity to address this weakness in the map.
  2. Jan 13, 2010
    Fucking exploiters, figures this is how they have to play to win shit. There goes my bet. :frown:

At any rate, this isn't really a surprise. Payed, competitive gamers have always exploited everything they can, whether it's in WoW, or GO, or League. Sadly, most of them get away with it because these devs go soft and aren't willing to piss off major teams by dropping the hammer on them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
      Sam Axe, Nov 28, 2014 Last edited by Sam Axe, Nov 28, 2014
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Well, it's on DreamHack to make the decision. LDLC filed a formal complaint against fnatic's actions. I'm not gonna go dig up the sections, but 'pixel walking' is officially prohibited in the DreamHack rules, as are any boost spots that cause areas of the map to turn see-through, which this spot also did (though in a minor way).

IMO DreamHack should either DQ fnatic or have the game replayed from a point before fnatic employed the boost. If they don't, it will set a negative precedent and put a stain on DreamHack events going forward.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Overpass will be replayed in its entirety tomorrow after the semifinals:
      Apparently LDLC also used an illegal boost to some extent, so both teams were at fault in some way.
    • Oct 13, 2011
      Wut, I did not see that. Any info about their spot?

Edit:

Oh boi what about csgolounge bets? I want my awp back
    • Feb 1, 2011
      As far as I know, this is the boost DreamHack deemed illegal from LDLC. Not because it was pixelwalking, but because there is an invisible texture that can be seen somewhere from that spot. In fact, the DreamHack tournament director deemed pixelwalking legal in this interview. Apparently the rules were changed since last summer's event to allow it. Pretty stupid / fishy if you ask me.

Seems to me the ruling was far in fnatic's favor. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

CSGOLounge bets were already rewarded for people who bet on fnatic. Sucks for those who bet on LDLC, but IMO the responsibility lies with DreamHack for their handling of this. CSGL can't really be held responsible for the whole fiasco.
      dillinger, Nov 29, 2014 Last edited by dillinger, Nov 29, 2014
    • Apr 3, 2013
      I saw the game yesterday. Clearly pixelwalking and my twitter just exploded. I actually recall seeing r/globaloffensive with 20k visitors, with all of them probably discussing the exploit.

But the overlords of Dreamhack has decided that the map will be replayed, with no bugs or exploit being used by both teams. No idea if it will start off as 13-3, though.

The DH admins are really just incompetent. Took them more than 5 hours to judge it and I hope LDLC will win over Fnatic with 16-0.
      • Agree Agree x 1
        Kloud, Nov 29, 2014 Last edited by Kloud, Nov 29, 2014
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Considering they were winning 13-3 while using something less game-breaking than Fnatic did, the chances are high unless Fnatic has been training on their mistakes in the mean time.
      • Feb 1, 2011
        fnatic forfeited, LDLC is currently playing Na'Vi in the semifinals. The winner of this match will go on to play NiP in the final.
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Finals are about to start. LDLC vs NiP. This is going to be one hell of a game.
      • Oct 18, 2012
        L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L CV L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C VL D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C L D L C
      • Oct 13, 2011
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Oct 18, 2012
        [IMG]
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Jan 13, 2010
          They knew they were screwed. Boosting onto that ledge to see over the wall and cover the sewer tunnel was/is, by far, much more game breaking than LDLC peeking through that truck. Anyone can do that....