Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Drearystate™

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Meltdown™, Aug 20, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 25, 2014
    Drearystate™[pF] STEAM_0:0:18141910 51:46
    Got gagged for spamming my bind Momentai Gay Boys (ノ°ヮ°)ノ*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I don't see why I'm harassing I'm gay myself and I can take a joke about gays. He did warned me but i simple don't see why i should change something that doesn't seem to do any harm, I have seen far weirder shit.

2. Feb 24, 2011
    Were you warned first? *nevermind me*

Luffaren, Aug 20, 2014 Last edited by Luffaren, Aug 20, 2014
  3. Feb 25, 2014
    it's not spamming it's my bind for ztele can only use it 3 times in a round how is that spamming is typing !ztele itself spamming too then

EDIT: he didnt gag me for spamming but harrashing or so
  4. Undead
    This message by Undead has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Aug 20, 2014, Reason: Not needed.
    Aug 20, 2014
  5. Dec 17, 2007
    I was on when Drearystate gagged meltdown, dreary came over admin only chat and said he was going to gag meltdown for his msg. I asked him if it was his ztele msg bc some ppl know how to leave a msg when they ztele w/o the actual command showing up. That is when dreary stated that before I came on he was spamming it every minute. If meltdown was actually spamming the msg every minute i can't account for that, I wasn't on when that supposedly happened. But that is the reason that dreary stated as to why he gagged meltdown. I'll see if i can get the chat logs here in a little bit, do have things to go do.
  6. Feb 3, 2012
  7. Samurai
    This message by Samurai has been removed from public view. Deleted by Seeker, Aug 20, 2014, Reason: Useless post.
    Aug 20, 2014
  8. Feb 25, 2014
  9. Feb 27, 2012
    There's many minutes apart. I'm not sure what the problem is there. When this issue was originally discussed a while ago, the binds were being used 2-3 times in a span of less than 10 seconds.

I also don't see how this is "spamming" nor "harassing". This is how discrimination works:
    If someone says "wow dude ur gay", "wow that's so gay" or something similar, it's fine to say.
    If someone says "fuck gay people" or "gays must die!" that is discrimination.

Meltdown is just saying "gay boys". There's no context behind it, and doesn't seem to be bashing/hating gay people at all, nor does it even seem discriminating.

As for the "spamming" part goes, spamming should be punished if it is a common occurrence over a short period of time, such as within a minute or so. He's putting these minutes apart. If you glance at his chat log, it seems like "spam" because he doesn't say a whole lot between his teleports. That's what i have out of this so far. @Drearystate still waiting on your feedback.
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    1. You should probably just use a regular !ztele bind like everyone else, all your stupid message does is spam the chat log with nonsense.
    2. Being gay doesn't give you anymore rights than anyone else.
    3. If an admin asks you to stop doing something and you keep doing it, don't call abuse.
    At worst, he may have been mistaken about what constitutes discrimination/harassment, but this is certainly not abuse.

If you have an issue with an admin's decision, bring it to the forums, don't just keep doing what he warned you not to.
  11. Feb 25, 2014
    There is a thine line between good words and bad words in people's perspective, From where I'm standing now I'm not sure it's just the admin itself feeling like this or it is a stone cold fact, I don't want to be banned for this so I just want to clear the air before it gets out of hand.
  12. Aug 18, 2014
    "You should probably just use a regular !ztele bind like everyone else, all your stupid message does is spam the chat log with nonsense."

I agree with Momo. I was there on the server (my name is in the chat log). It shows up in the logs as being far apart, but it seemed to be closer than what the log says.
  13. Feb 25, 2014
    Tell that the other 100 people who bind there !ztele too, i never had a problem with my bind when it was like a boss, now because there is "gay" in it, it is a problem, it's not about the spam it about the word.
  14. May 12, 2007
    he was warned over 2 maps and explained why for every warning and continued even after he was warned. He even asked if it would be a ban and I said no, it was offensive and he would eventually be gagged if it continued.
    Post Merged, Aug 20, 2014
    Meltdown was just waiting so he can claim abuse, he didn't say the word gay in the conversation as if he was discussing something, at times it was the only thing he would add to the chat and it was the same repetetive comment.
  15. Feb 25, 2014
    I still don't see why it is offensive, it wasn't aimed to no one. Care to explain, no one before you ever warned me for it and I have used it many times before as bind.
  16. May 12, 2007
    Meltdown, different people find different things offensive. I am not on ZM nearly as much as other admins, but if it was done on ZE it would of been the same thing, the only difference is, is that even after over 15 minutes of warnings and me trying not to gag you, you still continued.
    Drearystate, Aug 20, 2014 Last edited by Drearystate, Aug 20, 2014
  17. Feb 25, 2014
    Yeah, because I find you're reasoning incorrect that is why I made this topic because if this is not ok, I don't see a problem with a hollow joke, if this isn't aloud any more were going to walk a line where I'm not wanna go to.
  18. Jul 8, 2012
    Bottom line, you don't have to agree with what an admin warns you about, but for God's sake don't keep doing it. That doesn't help at all.

Bring it to the forums like you did.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
  19. Feb 25, 2014
    I would changed it if it was for a valid reason, it's annoying to change a bind in the middle of a game, even if he is an admin doesn't agree it doesn't mean we cannot discuss it, I even asked Detonator over chat at the same time this happend (and told that in ingame chat) and he didn't seem to have an issue with it, that's why i didn't changed it.
    Meltdown™, Aug 20, 2014 Last edited by Meltdown™, Aug 20, 2014
  20. May 12, 2007
    what was the reason for changing your bind from "like a boss" to "momentai gay boys" ?
    and you did change your bind in the middle of a game prior to this one :smile:
    Because one admin who has told you numerous times to stop and you argued with him and he tells you one thing, you ask another admin who was unaware of your previous actions if it was ok and with them having that knowledge they gave you the best answer they could with what they were given you assume what you do is justified?
  21. Dec 17, 2007
    I am going to have to agree with meltdown and momo about this one, i honestly didn't find it discriminating at all, i did ask what momentai meant and got no answer, bc i've never heard it before, but didn't find it at all discriminating. As for spamming the ztele msg, while i was on i saw meltdown use it probably twice and that does fall within the three ztele limit.
  22. Jun 29, 2014
    the logs dont lie , being minutes apart it is not spam nor is it discriminating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.