Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Drearystate

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by [T_T], Aug 19, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 11, 2012
    We were just playing ze_biohazard_sewer on ZE, and just kept failing to win it. Drearystate and his buddies didn't like the map or neither that i had 1st nomination (ze_toaster) so they tried to get people rtv and we got close like 19/22 needed rtvs. Timeleft was like 14mins when admin made vote if people wanted early map change ended like 8-14 (server was like 30-35 players?). I dont really call that majority. Anyways at 10min ridiculous map vote comes up when only few rtvs are needed for real map vote after couple rounds he changed to convoy.
    There was no reason to perform map change because we were missing only few rtvs. I want to know why the map was forced to change.
    Feel free to check logs.

Lets see Admin FAQ
    When is a good time to perform map changes?(top)

If there are other admins on the server, consult with them immediately before changing maps. If you are the only admin on the server, map changes should only occur when there are less than 5 minute remaining before the end of the map. It is not proper to simply change maps if you do not like the choice. It is best to have the players RTV the map if you want it changed immediately. Keep in mind that Sr. Admins have the ability to override map changes or votes if it is deemed improper.

Attached Files:

titty, Aug 19, 2013 Last edited by [T_T], Aug 19, 2013
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    I'm not sure if this is intentional admin abuse but it does look like you shouldn't of used the vote.

Only Roots can go to minas, when doing a vote you shouldn't put the maps first, there should be a "1" spam vote so it's not rigged, and if the rtvs were at 19/22 (idk if this is true) you should just let them rtv off.
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    I was there and I also said on the spot that I absolutely didn't agree, and that it would be unfair, and I was supported by other players as well. I think I got it recorded, as we almost won the map, and since I never won it before I though it would be nice to have a last try at least, but no a sudden map change had to do it all :frown:

I'm pretty sure Drearystate ment no harm at all, but I thought it to be unfriendly towards those who did enjoy the map. And for once, I really do enjoy that map!

The problem also was the very small choice we got, 4 maps or something on which we had to choose from instead of the 6-7 maps we can usually choose. I just hope this doesn't happen just randomly on the server next time.
  4. Mar 26, 2012
    I didn't think Drearystate was level 3+. Your screenshot showed that he used @vote, which is a level 2 command, but I don't believe he could have changed the map on his own. Was the map successfully changed?

http://plaguefest.com/wiki/admin-levels/

Even if only a few more RTVs was needed, it may have been impossible to get the few needed to successfully RTVed that map because of inactive players or players away from their keyboard even if there were a lot of people connected to the server at the time. If the majority of the active players on are unhappy with the map, I would find following the procedures to do a map change with server commands appropriate even if only a few more RTVs are needed (because regardless of how few more they need, it's likely not gonna happen because of player inactivity instead of players not wanting to RTV the map).
  5. Oct 18, 2012
    He recently got it.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
    I think @Joshy can attest to Level 3's having sm_map.

@Brian maybe this isn't such a good idea anymore?

[IMG]
  7. Feb 27, 2012
    I don't think that it's a "bad idea" but that admins maybe need to be taught how to use their new powers... Maybe, assuming there is a thread, link them to a thread showing their new powers, what they do, and how to properly use them. That would probably be better, since i had to ask around how to use my new powers as i got up to level 3.
  8. Nov 11, 2011
    I recall being asked if I needed training for level 3 when I was promoted. I believe a mandatory level3 training is not only helpful, but should be required.
  9. Feb 27, 2012
    That could work too... Hell, i don't mind putting together a list of commands and guidelines on how to use them/when to use them. That way it's also a reference, incase you forget how to use it and you can always look back to it.
  10. Mar 26, 2012
    I meant only level 3 admins and higher. I know level 3 have sm_map cause I'm level 3 also, lol. I didn't realize Dreary was level 3 since last time I saw him he was level 2. Didn't know it was that time.
  11. Jan 21, 2011
    This is still an admin abuse thread. Follow procedure accordingly, guys.
  12. May 12, 2007
    I first submitted a vote to see if anyone wanted to change the map. After they all voted yes I then gave everyone including this guy a chance to request a map, he requested no maps. I then submitted a map vote, after the vote was confirmed i then asked everyone again and admins if they were ok with it and they all said yes. This person did not complain or say anything that I saw until after the map change occurred.
    Post Merged, Aug 19, 2013
    You said nothing at the time and every other admin on the map agreed to a change including the majority vote.
    It wasnt, and we had 10 minutes left on the map when the vote was submitted as well as everyong on the server complaining.
    All other admins agreed, including pyroman, blackdragon and hitman47
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    If this vote was skewed like your map choice vote, your results were likely bogus. Like Penguin said, with important votes where you're actually trying to get a count, you have to null out the 1 vote.
    It's real easy to mistake a few regulars in chat and over the mic for "everyone on the server." If it were truly everyone on the server, they should have just finished the already close rtv.

On the occasions I do use a map vote, I make sure it's a clear and vast majority. A majority led by 1-4 votes doesn't really cut it, especially when you're using 1 spam to your advantage.

Of course, as no logs have been pulled yet, some of this is speculation with what little info has been provided.
  14. Aug 12, 2012

I was AFK in spec and came back to realize the map change to ze_biohazard_sewer. I was playing a couple rounds and we lost every round at the tram part when it's moving. I said "no UT?" and then a couple people start to type UT and wanting to play the map. Dreary type to everyone if it was cool if people want the map change. Some people agreed and a few did not. So then he ask me and Pyroman if it is cool if he put up a vote to see what map people wanted. I and pyroman agreed to put out a vote to see what map should we change to. He told everyone what map do they want? Some people say UT, Skyrim, etc. Dreary put up the vote and everyone start voting. After the voting was done, the map change.

I did not see any one talking about the first nomination or anything bad about the map toaster during the time I was present in the map.

Notes:
    - We were at 18/19 out of 22 RTV
    - Me and Pyroman were only Admins present (Hitman was playing the map but he left before the idea about the vote)
    - About 10 minutes left on the map
    - We lost every round
  15. Apr 9, 2012
    I'm gonna give my last cents about this...
    First things first, the way you seem to explain this, is that admins on this case have the upper hand over non-admins to outright start a vote and change the map to your liking... I'm against that way of handling, I think it's unfair, I mean everyone has the right to play a map he likes, and if just a few people over the majority don't want to change, it's also their right to keep playing the map at the given amount of time, which was 10mins, which was enough for another try or two to attempt winning the map.

Indeed, we failed every round, with the last round almost a win. I got it recorded. Everyone knows how hard this map is, I mean at the elevator with the train it's almost always an instant fail. We actually only won the map once, and this time it was almost a second time.

Dreary, I record all the time. I have checked the video where we almost won, I will be uploading it soon, you can check everything I said that I was against the vote. Much in the way you say the the whole server was agreeing, you're saying again that I didn't say anything :S When it's uploaded I'll post it here.

And finally, I really understand it was not admin abuse, I mean abusing in an intentional way, but it's just not collaborative towards other players if you just don't like a map yourself and see a couple of person agreeing with you, it doesn't justify just voting the map off. It was 8/14 with 2 troll votes (also, a troll option is not too serious as well...) so it means just a small majority won the vote. 8 players where unsatisfied, being 43% = almost half the server for voting, and another 9 persons not even voting.

[IMG]
    JorisCeoen, Aug 20, 2013 Last edited by JorisCeoen, Aug 20, 2013
  16. May 12, 2007
    Like I said, when I asked no one objected. If you did I didn't see it.
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    have you posted the vid joris? I think it would definitely shed some light on the topic :smile:
  18. Apr 9, 2012

Commandante Clitoris often during the video disagreed on the vote
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

:S
    Post Merged, Aug 20, 2013
    It's nine minutes, takes a while to process xD Posted some pics in the mean time
  19. Sep 22, 2010
    I will side with the players on this, with 9 minutes left it would not have been that long before the map changed anyway. On top of that, the votes were not even heavily one sided but closer to a split on the votes.
  20. May 12, 2007
    My vote was with a null in the beginning of it, the screenshots show that. The person that created this thread said in the beginning he wanted to beat the map, he was in spec as you can see in the screensots.
    Post Merged, Aug 20, 2013
    Every round the humans were being glitched to the top of the tram at the end, we were not going to be able to beat it. His video will show you that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.