Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Driver crash?

Discussion in Technical Support started by RicoSuave, Jul 20, 2012

1. May 17, 2012
    any known issues as to why my display drivers started crashing?i can use everything but games, once i run any game after a few seconds my screen goes fuzzy, blacks out, loses signal and if i can make it back to desktop i notice my display drivers have crashed, it just started randomly 2 days ago, did nothing different, checked to see if my card was overheating which is a radeon hd 3880 i believe or something along those lines, ive restored my pc to an earlier date but it still does it, so it has to be hardware at this point right?
    im reinstalling drivers now
  2. Feb 14, 2012
    Reinstall the drivers and if it is still continuing it points to intermittent hardware failure (card broke).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Can you post the log for your driver crash so I can give you a detailed explanation?
  4. May 14, 2011
    Make sure your dvi/vga cable is jammed right into the socket.

3xxx series? Wow dude please upgrade your card. It will cost you less than $40 to get a card twice as good as the one you got now.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk 2.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    It could be an overheating issue too. Do you clean the dust out from your PC?

Download GPU-Z, which can be found here: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2155/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.3.html

Click on the "Sensors" tab and tell us what your "GPU Temperature" is. I realize you said the problem only starts once you start gaming, but there is a chance your card could be overheating, and if it is, your idle temperature will likely be elevated. (I know you said that you did check for overheating, but what did the readings say?)
  6. Jun 20, 2012
    You know whats weird? While watching a trailer on youtube a few weeks ago, my laptop totally crashed and went to a BSOD. It rebooted and everything just fine and I can still play games just fine.. But for some weird reason, when I use a browser, my comp will do a soft program crash all the time quoting the display driver.. Tried reinstalling drivers, IE, clean registry, searched viruses manually/with avast, and nothing.. So im guessing if your problem is similar to mine, then we must have a hardware problem... i would have it checked out (I have that crazy 4 year break it they buy a new one warranty) but i dont wanna waste it on this when mozilla seems to be more stable. Let us know what you find Ricoooooo
  7. Feb 14, 2012
    Driver crashes typically imply a bad driver install or a physical fault on the card. If you start crashing consistently and have reinstalled the display driver check the driver notes to make sure it's not a known issue and if it isn't you may be dealing with broken hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. May 17, 2012
    yea ive done all i can but its gotta be the card, ive even restored comp to like 2 weeks ago then reinstalled everything again even cleaned my registry n its still not working
    and haha@ghost i never really cared about running games on super ultra settings i can play everything i own fine but yea i was gonna buy a radeon 6850 but the 6770 is on sale for 88$ and theres the amd pheon on sale for 95
    so gonna upgrade my processor from 2.8 quad* core to 3.4 quad