Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Dying

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Trigger [Red], Jun 27, 2016

1. Jul 7, 2014
    Sad to say this but the Zombie Mod server is officially dying. Give it a month or two and it'll be completely dead. As a member and player for 2 years, I don't want this server to die. Friends and enemies have been made but in the end it's all just a game and we're sitting behind a computer having fun and I think that's what got me so close with this server/community.

I had a discussion with some friends and we came across this problem that may have been killing the server:
    New Admins - as capitalized, this is a big deal. Come on guys, I know money runs the server and you'll take any payment possible but is it worth it in the end knowing you'll probably lose dedicated member(s)? It's like a tree of life almost, without players, admins aren't anything. Without admins, no money to keep the server running and so on and so forth. If one goes down, this whole thing goes to shit.

Throughout being a neutral player, I've seen many MANY players kicked, banned, gagged, etc. for very stupid reasons. Names resembling racist terms unintentionally is the main I've come across.
    PLEASE do something about your new admins. Whether it be taking their powers away or training them to know better, IDC just please handle the problem.

A lot of other problems are killing the server but this should be the main concern at the moment. Next problem is money. We'll talk about that later.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Apr 28, 2013
      Inb4 cancer thread. This would be the type of thread I would say for I am very loyal to pF (begging on my knees edition) but me preventing myself from creating a lot of drama is the reason why I don't make much threads involving pF's status. I hope you are aware that there will be posts that related to another "dying" or "status".

CS:S may be an old game with less players but CS:GO has more kids. Doesn't help for the fact some veteran players prefer CS:S because of the CS:GO population, weird mechanics valve/hidden path put in csgo, and the fact valve doesn't have much support in the modding community (P.S. idc about expensive knives).

"But every end marks a new beginning"
      • Like Like x 1
        Hydreigon, Jun 27, 2016 Last edited by Hydreigon, Jun 27, 2016
      • Feb 8, 2013
        No. You're certainly correct that this is one of the problems why PlagueFest is in loss of players, but this is not what contributed the most.
        New admins are terrible, but so is our future generation of kids.
        It's going to hurt, but you're going to have to accept that Counter-strike: Source is a dying game. Yeah, PlagueFest may not survive another half a year, but which other community really is? Just because one or two servers have 64 people all day in doesn't mean they'll last 5ever.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Apr 28, 2013
          I'd rather accept CS:GO being a dying game than CS:S. Competitive isn't easy to get into and toxic competitive community rivals League, population has too much kids (mentioned above), lack of modding support (mentioned above), weird mechanics/controls compared to its predecessor (mentioned above). When I first played and seen CS:GO, I didn't find that game to be a true successor to CS:S (I don't know how long CS:GO will last compare to CS:S). In conclusion, CS:S is dying on the outside while CS:GO is dying on the inside.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jun 19, 2013
          • Apr 26, 2015
            Threads like this have come around, but recently I've noticed the population severely dropping. I used to be able to hop on a Friday night and expect 30-40 people, now I'm lucky to see 20. Hell its not even the new admins coming on, it is some of the existing ones.
          • Jul 7, 2014
            Source has lasted 12 years hahaha and we still have a decent, if not, well populated game/community.
            We must fix problems IN our community if we hope to maintain it
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 8, 2013
              You don't have to accept it. You don't have to accept anything in life, just like people don't have to accept your existence. What does it matter? It's reality and the world doesn't stop for you.

Joke. Why do people view CS:GO as a competitive game? Because it has a competitive mode? Joke. If you play good, CS:S is just as competitive. There's just no official ranking to keep track of.

This reply had no harm implied. I just felt like saying what I had to say.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jan 3, 2013
                Need to train better. So that not abusing him/her self, and intentionally telling people to report him/her like he/she is so proud.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jul 7, 2014
                • Oct 13, 2011
                  Sad to see cs:s dying. CS:GO will never die with the fucking huge marketing teams doing nowadays. Do you even know how much they make a month out of selling jerseys, gaming gear, in game logos, and signatures ? A fucking LOT. And playing competitive in MM servers even in ESEA is fucking meaningless nowadays, because people don't know the meaning behind "Competitive". Losing the game ? 2 out of your 4 teammates will say "I don't care, it's just a game" Yeah lol. If you dont care, go play casual. That's just my opinion anyway.

2-3 Years. Then it'll be just big $1m event majors.

Something had to be done, and fuckwits at valve decided to add molotovs, rework patterns & skins.

Skins are literally the only thing why it's a huge success now. People don't know about the game. People don't know HOW to play counter strike. Makes me sad.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Jan 21, 2011

Weren't the Molotovs done by HPE?

The game was such shit at launch because hpe is shit that I haven't been able to get into it overall.
                  • Dec 6, 2011
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Funny Funny x 1
                    • Oct 13, 2011

Game is much better now, some rework needs to be done according to /r/globaloffensive gold novas... and molotovs. I fucking hate molotovs. In a competitive play, it helps you clear spots without peeking. Like taking short control d2 and mollying a site while your team is pushing long, they'll only have to worry about pit, ramp, goose and car. Noone plays car because its a one and done spot just like goose. Playing a site however, you can jump to ct, hide behind double etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
                      • Apr 28, 2013
                        One of the reasons why I want to do a cs:s ze event.
                      • Feb 8, 2013
                      • Jun 29, 2014
                        • Like Like x 1
                        • Apr 28, 2013
                          I don't feel any different. Many people have said to me similar stuff like "pF ze won't come back".
                        • Mar 11, 2016
                          I'm not saying the current ZM mod on pF server is not fun. This is just a thought that might improve or kill the server. The first ZM i played was in 2015 on cs 1.6 and i notice there are a couple of servers on there which lots of pros and many players on it every single day. One of the server name is LgK-clan. You can check it out and see why people seem to be addicted to this server. In any of sort of game people usually are addicted to it when you could collect points and able to use it for something I believe.

Some of the features they have on their server;
                          1. Collect points to buy better weapons for the current round
                          2. Zombie classes have more abilities rather than just have more or less health. Ex. Jump higher, climb walls, double jump, fire breath
                          3. Freeze gernade
                          4. Randomly selects a special bonus round. Ex. Nemesis zombie boss round, Some other zombie boss rounds I forgot the names, and other modes for humans i forgot the names but you get the point.
                          Theres a bit more stuff but I will just name the important ones.
                          • Agree Agree x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Dec 28, 2014
                            triggered come on why do you guy make these threads? there is a thread for REAL server suggestions, if you have evidence of admin abuse then report it. Unsubstantiated claims really help no one.
                            [pF] jedi, Jul 8, 2016 Last edited by [pF] jedi, Jul 8, 2016