Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ear infection

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Super Mario, Jun 4, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    Umm Hey guys, it's been a while where I had this problem because of the beach from Saturday. I guess I had dived a lot and went wayyyyyyyy too far in the ocean and the lifeguards were screaming for me to come back. This happens to me every year where I get this ear infection and trust me, I feel like dying from the pain that I get because of that and it hurts very bad. My question is did this happen to me because too much water went in my ear or because of the sun? I really dunno how I always get this and suddenly 4 hours after being at the beach. Has it happened to anyone before? What medicine did you use or should you use? I really need help and I can't take it anymore and my parents have not been home for 2 days and will be here tomorrow so I can go to the doctor. I wanted to ask you guys some Infos about it and any kind of medicine or drop that can help me sleep tonight. Is Advil helpful?? Please help me because I only slept 1 hour these 2 nights. Thank you.
    @retslag1
  2. Feb 1, 2011
    That sucks dude. Hopefully Retslag will respond because I really don't know. Advil should help a little bit. Try not to mess with your ear at all, that will only make it worse. If you actually have an ear infection, the only thing that will fix it is anti-biotics, which you need a prescription for. I recommend you go visit your doctor ASAP because untreated ear infections can get really bad.
  3. Jan 27, 2011
    clean your ears out every now and then :smile: but seriously sometimes when i was young and got ear infections all the time. i went to the dr and them clean my ears out. would help tremendously
  4. Nov 11, 2011
  5. Oct 17, 2011
    Ah thanks man and yeah I was so stupid I went to school today and I thought it was going to get better but turns out it got worse and the nurse she had nothing to give meand my parents were not in the state to pick me up and I wanted to kill myself. Also, my right ear was infected on Sunday and today my right ear got better and my left ear went rage on my head and made me fall off the stair because of how bumpy and disy I fell when it started.
  6. Feb 21, 2007
    This sounds like classic "swimmers ear" infection, aka, otitis externa. If u push on the skin directly around ur ear, is it tender? If so then u have otitis externa. If not, then u may have otitis media (true ear infection). Either way this is a bacterial infection, and antibiotics can help expedite the healing process (although not usually required). They do make prescription ear drop pain medications such as: Domeboro otic, Corticosporin otic, or Olfoxacin drops if you are in the USA. Those will provide symptomatic relief. I am not sure if there are any over the counter equivalents that u can take. I would suggest writing down those names and asking your pharmacist at your nearest drug store and see if they have anything similar that is non-prescription. Also, you can take Motrin (Ibuprofen) for pain relief too, although the ear drops will be the best.
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Omg retslag1 what can I do without you. Thanks for this helpful information. I don't really feel anything when I touch it because the pain comes from the inside deep in my ear. I used debrox ear drop. This doesn't always happen to me and I really did not think if it would be a bacteria infection. Anyways I will wait till tomorrow and see if it gets better. If not, i'll show this to my dad and hopefully I can get better because of this doctor. Thanks again Retslag. Sajak, you can keep your replies to yourself. None of your replies to me we're nice so far or helpful so you can stay out, thank you.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Pretty sure surgeons have to have a general knowledge of medicine anyways.

As for you @Super Mario, whenever I had water in my ears, I cleaned my ears out with hydrogen peroxide. It might help. Hydrogen peroxide is suppose to help displace water. Just some advice.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 17, 2011
        Well, my ears are not dirty at all and there is nothing inside of it. It is a sudden infection that had happened to me where it turned all red on the inside. Anyways, I guess this can be helpful but I really tried to clean my ears out today but there was nothing and it did not help. I guess drops is the only thing that can help me. Thanks for your opinion anyways that guy. I appreciate people helping and giving me advices :razz:
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Nothing inside of it? THAT is your problem. You need wax in your ears which helps prevent debris and other bacteria from entering :razz: You can buy some at a hardware store.
        • Funny Funny x 1