Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

earth quake

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by My Ringtones, Aug 23, 2011

1. Jun 25, 2011
    a earth quake has hit Washington it is a 5.9 and it was felt all in new york Philly Toronto NC Georgia watch cnn and other news boradcasters

over 11 millon people felt this
  2. Sep 14, 2008
    Moved this topic to the correct section. I would never want to be in an earthquake at all :/
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    ^true that.
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    Shook my bed while I was trying to sleep in. Even nature doesn't let me have a day off. :confused:
  5. Apr 2, 2011
    5.9? That is a nice one... worst one I can remember feeling was a 6. something, They are not fun. :no:
  6. Jun 30, 2011
    I felt it all the way here in connecticut
  7. Mar 25, 2011
    Just read an article, apparently Rhode Island felt it, but i didn't feel anything at all.
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    Some stuff fell down in my warehouse.
  9. Jun 25, 2011
    my kitten was taking a nap is first one when he got up started running around the room then it happened
    ps thanks dani for moving it
  10. Mar 13, 2010
    So I'm only about 60 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake, which is cool and all. (I live near DC). Was driving to a delivery when it hit. It shook my car (which is already having problems with shaking) and I thought it was a new symptom to an old problem. So at first I was like:

Got to my delivery and was asked if I felt the earthquake and I was all:

Wat?? Earthquake???

Then they explained some more, how it shook some stuff and people were freaking out and driving off the road and then I was like:

Fuckin' retards. Retards all around me. What took me 10 minutes to get to my delivery before the earthquake, took me 35 to get back because people freaked the fuck out while driving.

Do note, I drive a fucking Honda Civic which is small as shit so me not really feeling it and freaking the fuck out like the rest of people because of my car is not the excuse they can use.
  11. Aug 18, 2006
    People are freaking out over a 5.9 earthquake?
  12. Mar 13, 2010
    Yes... as I said, people near me are retarded. And East Coast people don't EVER feel earthquakes. The last one we got was a year ago and it was a 3.2 or some shit.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    LOL one 5.9 and people go nuts. Here are some few of the quakes that I experienced while living in the Los Angeles area with the epicenter being less than 50 miles:

1971 6.5 San Fernando
    1973 5.2 Point Mugu
    1981 6.0 Westmorland
    1987 5.8 Whittier Narrows
    1992 7.3 Landers
    1992 6.2 Big Bear
    1994 6.7 Northridge
  14. Apr 15, 2010
    Your as old as I thought you are :grin:, and ah 5.9 nothing to be worried about.
  15. Jun 25, 2011
    people up north aren't used to earth quakes we dont have them people in la and such are used to them were not thats why were making such a big deal
  16. Dec 30, 2006
    Well maybe the earthquake finally woke up the smartasses in Washington DC...just saying.
  17. Feb 1, 2011
    Yea I definitely felt it. I'm in Richmond, Virginia, so pretty close to the epicenter. However I was just like "WTF" for a few seconds while lying in my bed, and then I was like "Oh, must be an earthquake" and went back to sleep.

Later I got panic-ridden calls from family and friends asking if I was okay, and I was just like "Yea I just went back to sleep".