Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Earthquake in Iran, bombs in Palestina etc.

Discussion in In The News started by Yuppi, Apr 16, 2013

1. May 18, 2012
    What a coincidence that everything happens the day after the bombs in Boston.
    But.. I think it's kind of sick how people only care about the bombs in Boston, while more than 100 people have died by the earthquake in Iran, according to authorities of Iran

I can't show a link of the news because I only read swedish news
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 20, 2010
      That's because it's Iran, kinda of like if North Korea had a massive tsunami hit it, I'd be meh karma. Plus it's Iran I mean come on Iran that's like feeling sorry for North Korea if they had no food, oh wait they don't lol. Bombs blowing up at a Marathon are much worse than a 7.8 earthquake happening to a country that saber rattles all the time.
    • Jan 11, 2012
      And you wonder why the world hates you lol, irony
    • Mar 4, 2012

Although I agree in part with the OP.

I think even if it would have happened in the US with more people dying the coverage would still mostly be on the bombing. People tend to be more understanding of reality when others are killed by something natural. As if it's "expected" rather than something completely unexpected and unnatural like a bombing.
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Yep and that's why the Boston Bombings are getting more coverage because it was something that was unexpected and unnatural. Where as earthquakes and other natural disasters are more like well that was going to happen sometime or another.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 18, 2012
        Don't forget, Palestine, Afghanistan and Iran (I think) did also get bombed today (or yesterday), which also is hidden under the bombs in Boston..
      • Mar 20, 2012
        u really think a bomb attack in afghanistan(or any other not "western" country) gets the same press attention?
        I think its not only limited to natural disasters, its simply because its normal in these countries that many people die more often here and there, but suddenly people get so emotional if it happens near them and it all becomes so hypocrititcal, because they never would drop a tear for other people^^
      • Sep 14, 2008
        It's sad to see any countries innocents suffer for any reason. No country is better than the other. So instead of bad mouthing the US, Iran, Iraq or where ever. How about we think about the innocent people that died in these horrible tragedies.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010
          If there is constant bombings happening at a country then no since it's considered normal then. So like bombings in Afghanistan or Palestine for example. If the natural disaster is huge then it gets attention or else do you really want every single little earthquake, tornado, tsunami or hurricanes to have huge press coverage? Because natural disasters happen all the time every day around the world, kinda of foolish if you want us to stop and stare and feel bad every single time someone dies from a natural disaster as it always happens. Where as a bombing in a developed nation hardly ever happens(aside from Israel).
        • Mar 20, 2012
          I would like to have more different news with less press coverage, so it would be fair.

But I can imagine that many people wouldnt like these system of newsbroadcasting and after all press companies have to earn money aswell, so they stick probably to the news with the most possible viewers.
          Not saying that they only broadcast these kind of news but they could do better overall(world) coverage.

It always annoys me if they make really "big news" and its only for some day and all new developments about it never getting back in the news again, because people are getting bored of the same topic I guess.
        • Jan 9, 2013
          i dont think people only care about the bombs in boston, but these things arent common in the us like it is in the middle east. Take an example like this in denmark, about 5 years ago we never had any shootings and when one guy was shot, the news would go crazy and have breaking news about it for over a week, but today its very common that it happends everyday, so we dont rly talk about it and the news only report like 1 article about it.

Dont get me wrong, i do care when innocent people dies in these stupid wars.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 18, 2012
            Yes, of course the news writes more about the bombs in boston than the tragedies in the western countries. It's just sad that it works like that, many of us doesn't even notice the other things happening when an uncommon tragedy like this occurs.
          • Apr 12, 2012
            To be fair, its not our people (average citizens) being hypocritical so much as it is those who produce and control the news.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 4, 2012
              Isn't that the same everywhere? Wouldn't you care more of it was your own nation's citizens or if the situation more directly effected you?

I don't hear anyone, including the all knowing and caring Europeans, talking about the 60,000+ dead in Mexico since 2006 or the 70,000 killed since 2011 in Syria.

Furthermore what about all the shit in Africa? If Europe cared at all there would be more Western peacekeepers in those nations. Instead you hear news reports about Indians and Pakistanis being killed helping other people whereas if there were better trained troops perhaps they wouldn't have fallen into such situations caused by poor leadership.
            • Feb 5, 2013
              [IMG]

It's almost as if you people are implying that something like that doesn't affect people and solely hurts a country's economy or some shit.
              Saying that it's not as bad because simular traumas happen on a daily basis, is saying that it's not as bad losing your mother because a kid in your school lost his mother too.

Newsflash: In contrary to what your shitty media is feeding you, you can't judge civilians by their country's reputation. They won't suffer less pain when their legs get blown off, and they won't experience less grief when their loved ones die in an earthquake/tsunami.

mfw this thread
              Juky, Apr 16, 2013 Last edited by Juky, Apr 16, 2013
            • Mar 20, 2012
              I dont know where my limit is, but I try to think of everybody as equal. So I dont care if its germany or an other country. But you would be pretty depressive if you would take all the news seriously, so at some point u become careless/callous(or whatever the word is idk) I guess.

Im suprised nobody(terrorist org.) claimed the responsibility yet for the bomb and it seemed like a small one. Thats y I think its a one-time issue, if its not a ideological reason then its maybe connnected to the marathon itselfs. mh

police seems so helpless and with no clue atm..
              "The two devices using gunpowder as explosives were packed with ball bearings and other shrapnel to maximise injuries"
              "Law enforcement agencies are hunting for clues,"
            • Jul 20, 2010
              Well when it's a bomb you don't have much to go off of when trying to figure out who did it if no one is claiming responsibility. They have to try and find anything of the bomb that survived and piece it together to try and figure out the type of bomb and see if there is a signature.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              I would just like to say that Badgriuel does not represent us in any way, shape, or form.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Funny Funny x 1