Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

CS:S Easy Spectate

Discussion in Server Updates started by Kyle, Apr 27, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2007
    So uh, yeah. @Dharkk was getting all upset at me about a year ago saying how difficult it is to click to move between clients in order to spec people. So I've wrapped it into a menu that you're welcome to use.

The command is sm_esmenu, and it looks like this.
    [IMG]

Huge thanks to @Jermaine [pF] for allowing me to slay him, this persists throughout deaths thanks to that test.

EDIT:
    [IMG]

Ok. sm_es accepts any non-multitarget command. (@aim, userid, or you know, the fun one). Have fun with binds.
    • Useful x 6
    • Wizard! x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Good Idea x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Artistic x 1
      Kyle, Apr 27, 2012 Last edited by Kyle, Apr 28, 2012
    • Dec 7, 2010
      Now that is awesome Kyle! I've been wanting something like this for years!
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 30, 2006
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Got to use it in practice tonight on MG & ZE - proved to be more useful & easier than I thought. Thanks babe. :heart:
        • Funny Funny x 3
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008

Mucho gusto mi amiga.
        • May 14, 2011

PS: does it really have to tell you who your spectating, it sortta says at the bottom anyways? Can you give an option to disable that feature? The less chat spam the better so you can actually read whats going on.
        • May 5, 2011
          Haha nice Kyle, tested it in mg and works well :smile: Thanks ^^
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Thanks for this! Will be using it definately!
        • Oct 17, 2011
        • Feb 21, 2007
        • Oct 20, 2011
          Anyone know how to bind this to a key? I can't remember what to type in console.
        • May 15, 2011
        • Oct 20, 2011
          hmmmmm i guess i was doing it right but apparently you aren't aloud to use ";" as a key for it
        • May 14, 2011
          I have another request about this plugin. Could you make it to automatically pop up when you are in spec. Its really annoying to press a bind to pull this up every time. And an idea for an addition to this is a command:

!es (name of person)
          !es @aim

Dunno if this is possible or how easy it would be to do. Just a suggestion?
        • May 14, 2011
        • Feb 8, 2012
          You guys need to make a way that shows us who spectates us. I forgot who brought it up the other day, but it be nice to know if anyone is speccing us...
        • May 15, 2011
          No. Hackers or whatever they are called often have this themselves to see if they are being watched by an admin, giving it to all players will allow them to know when they are being watched, thus, they will cause shit because they know they can only be caught if they are being watched and now they know when they are. Bad idea.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Feb 8, 2012
            I was more or less talking about for when people like to spec us, learn the secrets fast, then come stab us...but ya didn't think about that. :clown:
          • Jul 1, 2010

I asked for it when you asked for suggestions... I complained because you said you could do it but never did to remind you >.> There is a difference lol

ur ur ur ur

Thanks for doing this! I'm on what is basically crappy hotel internet atm but I'm gonna hop on and try it out.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 18, 2011
              Well, I have to say that is incredible useful Kyle, and thanks for implementing this.