Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Edger Hall of Shame

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by DiSturbed0ne, Sep 24, 2012

1. Sep 20, 2012
    I don't know about you guys, but I am getting tired of the recent influx in edge warriors here on plaguefest. Admins can do nothing about it unless they can prove they were greifing. I am taking matters into my own hands and screenshoting anyone that consistently edges. Feel free to post your own pics.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
    • Mar 12, 2008
    • May 18, 2012
      Well, everybody has been an edgewarrior once, they just don't know how simple it is for zombies to leftclick them when they are standing like that.. They just wanna help, because it's easier to defend while you are on the top of those boxes, but very risky though lol..
    • Mar 12, 2008

If nobody is on the box/ledge then half zombies can easily jump over/run past and fuck everything up. "FUCKING NOOBS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEFEND" "FUCKING LOSER SERVER" etc. Problem 1, everyone then does RTV or blames each other for shit that could have been prevented.

If someone is on the box/ledge/tower/whateverthefuck stopping zombies from hopping over and stabbing the team, and turns into a zombie in the process: "FUCKING EDGE WARRIORS" "FUCKING LOSER NOOB EDGER" etc.

After careful review of everything i've gathered from both sides of the conflict, i've arrived at a conclusion. Following is my stance on this whole "Edge warrior" deal whenever i hear anyone rage it out:

tl;dr it's not a big deal. It is incredibly easy to shoot at the edger in case he turns.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 14, 2012
        Quit being a bunch of whinny faggots and prefire on the edger. 40+ people at that section and you're telling me one guy wiped you? Sounds like we've determined who the noob is and there is a lot of them.
      • Sep 20, 2012
        Video made me lol. Back to the point, I understand this is not a black and white issue. I have no problem with the occasional fail and newbies(we all were at some point), its one of the things that keeps zombie escape alive and entertaining. My point is, I know there are some out there who will "edge" just because they want to see the server go 1-12.

I also agree that one edger, can be dealt with quite simply. However, I have been in several matches where there are 2 or more people just sitting at the edge asking to be knifed despite several warnings. The team should not have to focus on those who intend to ruin a potential win for everyone else. Last time I checked this is "zombie" escape not "griefer" escape.

Based on the mixed response of the thread itself, I will not be posting any future updates. Instead, I think the community should band together and take a proactive stance for teaching players "what not to do". Whether is a simple "get off the boxes please"or "you should back up, the zombies are close". Instead of the constant slew of insults that players throw at one another, as you pointed out Taters. So, what do you guys think?

• Funny Funny x 1
        • Oct 29, 2010
          The Elevator Gods aren't pleased with the quality of your human sacrifice!

Of course they will secretly transform into human form and do whatever it takes to screw up the mortals! Or, even easier, secretly infect the souls of the unfortunate. . .
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 29, 2010
          • Jul 16, 2012
            Most of the time, players go onto the boxes or rails etc. to get a better view of zombies. Rarely is it to grief. It's easy to shoot a player back if they are turned, unless they did it intentionally to stab everyone else.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Feb 14, 2012
              Bottom line is you're only responsible for your own actions. If you did your best and the team still wipes take pride in the fact that you did your best. Get to the hold position as you're supposed to. Aim at the guys on the edge or at least be ready for them to turn. Shoot the zombies. Rinse and repeat. Do not worry about other players.
            • Jun 18, 2012
              You can tell the noob edgers from the griefers simply by the fact that noobs don't know why they get turned and will stand there for 0,5 seconds (enough for everyone to shoot them off). Griefers however turn arround in 0,1 second and fuck over the noobs, creating a rape train in which you got to many targets.
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • May 31, 2012
                The Assassin Edge Warrior! Assassins Creed Edge
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • May 27, 2008
                  This thread is starting to turn into a circlejerk. Fix it, now.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Apr 14, 2011
                    What about the Fan gods, they strike every once in awhile :smile:

On topic, Yes I agree some people are going to be edge warriors and NE is right about we must take responsibility for our actions. Their is no rule against edgers it will happen in all Z servers. Remember if someone is edging jsut be ready to shoot them. Stand back from the edger so if they turn they just cant 180 knife ya. Be smarter than the edger.
                    Thats all I have to say on this topic, unless someone can make another valid point.
                  • Nov 11, 2011
                    • Winner Winner x 1
                    • Feb 14, 2012
                    • Feb 21, 2007
                      [IMG]
                      • Funny Funny x 1
                      • Feb 11, 2012
                      • Dec 6, 2011
                        @DiSturbed0ne , there's not much you can do over an edger except being ready to shoot him off when he gets tagged. If an admin is on, he/she should take appropriate action if it happens too often, or if they do it with the sole purpose to tag the rest of their team.