Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

EgN| Morgenstern: Tony, please ZE event soon, please. Final Fantasy maps only

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Tony, Nov 8, 2020

1. Feb 27, 2012
    As the title states. I was thinking of christmas day, but would maybe like to do one sooner. Event is just for the good ol' fun times. Looking for ideas for dates, prizes, etc. I can pitch in games, gift cards, whatever y'all mf's want.

Also if we're playing any version of mako, its gonna be near the end of the event.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Feb 10, 2017
        I am willing to help since I have been playing ZE a lot more. Almost every ZE server, both on CSS and CSGO, will have Christmas Events where they tryhard a Luff map called ze_santassination. Players always look forward to this since it is one of the hardest maps on ZE so an event on Christmas day may not be the best. The map would also be impossible on PF settings lol.

This is what I recommend:
        • Have the event the week before or after Christmas (You could start 2021 with a bang)
        • Save Mako for the last map played (Mako players will leave after Mako, trust me)
        • Enable bhop AND keep no fall damage (Every server has bhop enabled. There is no "people can just bhop and early trigger to kill the whole team". I have played enough on many servers to know that bhop does not negatively affect gameplay. I'm willing to help any testing if needed)
        • Consider newer/final versions of maps (Westersand v8, Cosmo v5, Mako v6 and other FF maps that might not be on the server. I'm willing to help test any map, just PM or steam msg me.)
        • Reach out to older players (You have more than 1 month to prepare. When I was hosting events, I reached out to older players and inviting them out to join. These players can bring other OGs and overall make the server a better place)
        • Be prepared for trolls (self-explanatory)
        • Be ready for competition (GFL holds events every saturday around 4-5PM CST)
        • Choose a time where European players can join (Europeans love their FF maps)
        I might be missing a couple things but this is what comes to mind right now.

@Tony you have my full support and I am willing to help you in any way I can. I hope that this event pulls through and that it isn't a one and done thing.

EDIT: I noticed that FFVII_Cosmo_Canyon may not be on the server, so I can help test that
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Dec 17, 2007
          I'll pitch in a couple of donators for the event. But I think an event a week before and at the beginning of the year would be a good idea, more so at the beginning of the year because ppl will probably be around their computer as opposed to being with their family for Christmas. Also Roz won't be there so that's a plus.....what too soon???
        • Feb 27, 2012
          oh trust me, i know :wink: if its anything but the last map, RIP server.
          That should be easy enough. Pretty sure it was done last event though.
          if you can get me links or upload them to dropbox for me, that would be amazing.
          well duh. their playtime will just be cut short :wink:
          SQUARE UP!!! Just kidding, i'll try to do another day out of respect to them. Wouldn't want them thinking/saying we're trying to compete with them and steal players, etc.
          What would be a good time? 2PM EST?
        • Feb 10, 2017
          Bhop wasn't enabled last time, but I think it is because of the sv_enablebunnyhopping was set to 0. As for time, I think its better to ask the community since I tried to hold events pretty early and that couldn't fit everyone's schedule. Events still got populated but it was more Europeans than actual PF players if that makes sense
        • Mar 26, 2012
          If we are playing ZE maps, I would like to play Predator, Paper Escape, Harry Potter, Skyrim, and Fapescape. I don't understand why people only want to play Mako. I think Mako was a great map, but these other maps were also great. I personally liked Predator the best.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 10, 2017
            Are you going to lead these maps? And besides, if the people want to play FF, we should let them. It brings in a big population of people.

• Mar 26, 2012
            I am not saying don't put Mako on. I was just commenting that I don't understand why people are so obsessed with it compared to other maps that I think are just as great. The other maps have different levels of difficulties, boss fights, items, and strategies like Mako. I think the other maps also change unlike Mako that is the same map over and over each difficulty. Definitely put it on, but all of you who are obsessed with it are weirdos.
          • Feb 10, 2017
            We played those maps earlier in the year. If you missed them then /shrug. But I'm sure the community would appreciate it if you throw an event that may or may not include those maps! :wink:
          • Mar 26, 2012
            I'm not surprised we played them earlier in the year. Those maps used to be pretty popular and played multiple times a day. I know we aren't the same as what we used to be, but when an event happens, I imagine those maps are a must. Again, I wasn't saying don't do Mako, I was just saying that it always surprised me how obsessed people were with Mako.
          • Dec 27, 2012
            I'm done with CS:S, but I might join and hang out in spectate for a bit if player slots isn't a problem. No promises though!

Gotta check how the OG's doing, after all. Great suggestion and I also second everything @hzrd ヅ posted.
            • Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Oct 25, 2012
              Let me know when dis is I’ll pencil it in around my Tarkov time......gotta keep reminding the kiddies on customs that I’m the PMC Boss of dorms