Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

emilibuS taking game too seriously?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by daddybhop, Apr 10, 2011

1. Apr 7, 2011
    He got me banned for making my name emilufuS? geez dude don't make your life revolve around counter strike source thats really sad :frown: hope you go to sleep happy knowing you got me banned... loser.
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    If this is an admin, this should be posted in the admin abuse section

EDIT: Also, Regarding rules, you're not allowed to impersonate admins, if he didn't warn you to change your name then it's abuse
  3. Jun 4, 2006

I'll need your SteamID daddybhop if I'm going to look into this.
  4. Dec 17, 2010
    Clam does it count as impersonating if he used a slightly different name?Because he used "Emilifus" instead of "Emilibus".

just wanna know...
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/4324-plaguefest-server-rules/

To answer your question, rule number 10 :

10. Do not impersonate any members of the admin staff.
    This includes using the [pF] tag, using a SIMILAR name as an admin, or claiming to be an admin.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Yes, since you need to alter at least 1 character in your name in order to have a similar name. What would not be considered impersonating is "=(e)= Ray |EK|" or other, as this name differs from "RayW" quite a bit, the player was also not sporting a [pF] admin tag, and since he is not an admin, did not have his group set to [pF] Admins.

It's tougher to enforce for us higher ups who use our real names, but for admins who use aliases it's easier, as they're more unique. It's one of those rules where you just gotta utilize your common sense.

Also, I should note, it doesn't just include names. If you're a regular player and your name is not similar to that of any admin, yet you say "I'm going to ban you" or other, then this is considered admin impersonation and is a bannable offense.
  7. Dec 17, 2010
    Deto. and Brian :sweat:
    Sometimes I read funny :grin:
  8. Apr 7, 2011
    Steam id as in my username? I believe its Jyezzurp. if you need my steam id, how do i find it?
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    1) Go into your console (press the '~' key)
    2) Type status
    3) Find the player's name and copy the *ENTIRE LINE* into your post. It should look something like:

1030 "Player's Name" STEAM_0:0:10364169 02:40 102 0 active
  10. Apr 7, 2011

Im not on the banlist... hmmm but im still banned. thanks for taking a look i appreciate it.
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    I don't think that's your Steam, unless you're cobra... you probably copied the wrong one. Just give me a link to your steam profile.
  12. Apr 7, 2011
    yeah that is my profile. bella just banned me for apparently trolling because i changed my name similar to someones? and when someone else was talking shit it was all good but all I did was change my name and I was trolling? thanks brian.
  13. Jun 4, 2006
    Are you still banned from all servers or one particular server?
  14. Apr 7, 2011
    Hey brian I am all good now, thanks a lot for your help! Is Plague fest recruiting atm?
  15. Nov 29, 2010
    Recruiting 24/7 for just a low fee of $15 monthly
  16. Dec 30, 2006
  17. Sep 22, 2010
    I didn't see any bans related to Bhop or emil [IMG]