Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Enemy Below

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by butcher, Feb 16, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 19, 2012
    Enemy Below kicked me once for "bhop" like that for what i got 1wk ban (he changed to 1d after).
    After this i were started recording demo. I realy cant understand how mako core ladder strafe jumps = bhop. If this is bhop - Enemy Below must ban all good mako players becouse all of them reach to the core in such way.
    Demo is long and it occypied over 2-3 rounds before i got ban so u can go to 120000 frame and watch the end of the demo.

Attached Files:

• pf.rar
      File size:
      50.9 MB
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Oh man an abuse report that actually includes some form of evidence? Give this guy a medal.

@Enemy Below
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    To add, I've had to deal with this before on the same thing. Butcher believes jumping down the slopes and pipes that lead to the boss room and GAINING ACCELERATION is legal, he's gotten kicked more than once for it.
  4. Apr 4, 2009
    I'm assuming the "bhop" in question was at the very end of the demo.
  5. Dec 19, 2012
    I got warning and than kicked for 2 acceleration jumps in the core. After this i'm jumping only once or even dont jumping at all (watch demo).
    I got warning for rails jump after elavator, after this i dont jump at first ladder at all (watch demo).
    If i'm first one who got to the reaktor core - it doesnt mean that i'm bhoping but also admins make wrong conclusion and warn players who lead to the core.

I didn't conver/cut my demo so you can watch over 20 min video and than make your decision. Anyway i hope that it is better than empty words.

Also pf doesn't have clear bhop definition and admins can explain it their own way.
  6. Sep 25, 2010
    Watched demo, waiting to hear Enemy's side of the story.
  7. Mar 20, 2012
    Technically evereything at frame:
    19k,39k,61k,68k,86k,93k,114k,120k is probably bhop ....
    Ye im not admin but its a useful post or not? mhh I was bored
  8. Mar 1, 2012

Don't try to act like a saint please.

If anyone wants to pull my logs regarding butcher over a respectable length of time, there should be quite a few warnings in there as well.
    Enemy Below, Feb 17, 2013 Last edited by Enemy Below, Feb 17, 2013
  9. Dec 6, 2011
    This exactly.

I've kicked him twice in the past for these exact hops in a row.
  10. Mar 1, 2012
  11. Feb 11, 2012
    Looking at this video. He clearly uses the slopes from the pipes to his advantage and gains high speeds. You can easily get down the pipes very quickly without doing that..
  12. Mar 1, 2012
    I let people use the slopes all the time. That is a no-issue to me. However intentionally maintaining that speed is. The game automatically tries to get you back down to 250 velocity, which he purposefully avoided to gain an advantage.
  13. Dec 19, 2012
    I dont consider this as bhop for gaining advantages. With server settings u cant jump at ladder with several regular jumps and u will gain some speed with 50% probability. This speed doesnt give you any advantages - you just gonna miss lader cuz u cant controll that speed and if you saw the demo - it didnt give advantages and took some time and efforts to control jumps. This problem have all smart players who play mako with this server settings. Also you can say: just dont do several jumps and you wouldnt have problems but if you cover teammates with materias u dont have time for regular jumps and u must reach core as fast as possible to stay alive. It is much easier to play on other servers with anti-bhop plugin - you can estimate your jumps.

I confirm that you can gain speed at first ladder (after elavator) and core accelerate jumps - so i dont jump there, but almost u cant gain final speed at second (core) ladder cuz u cant control it.

Many players have problem with it and also some admin allowed it and some not so you must to determine common admins decision - allowed it or not.

I dont make 3 jumps at core ladder practically never cuz i cant controll them. That was fail jump and i almost lost controlls but suspicious circumstances i got down

As you saw - that was 2 jump and it didnt get any advanteges moreover it took some time to change position to jump down - if first demo can be explained as bhop - second (for what i got ban) - not.

Am i right or not - you can make your own decision but this is real stalemate and i hope that admins can find correct way - ban/kick me and other players or determine common decision.
  14. Mar 1, 2012
    I'm going to have to attempt to decipher this so if I understand you wrong, correct me.

You gained an advantage over other players who decided not to break the rules. We're at an impasse on this, so its definitely a higherup issue.

It DOES give you an advantage. If you had taken your time and NOT used that speed to your advantage, you would have been much farther behind the leaders when you attempted to go for ultima.

What? You're basically saying that if you stayed to cover you would HAVE to do this? If I read that correctly, that is complete and utter bullshit.

I don't see how this is relevant.

If you know that some admins don't allow this, why would you go and do it? I've personally warned you a few times for this exact same situation.

You seemed to do it pretty well.

You passed all the leaders. Just because you fucked it up at the end doesn't mean that you didn't gain an advantage. You were still farther ahead than you would have been.

I've said my piece, if Butcher wants to continue this discussion I'd be happy to do so, otherwise I'm going to bow out until a decision is made.
  15. Feb 11, 2012
    Do i need to post a video on how i go down the pipes, even after i cover with materia?
    Cuz i certainly dont go down like that even if im the last one.
    At the 1st jump i go straight down that ladder or just jump over the jump part, going fast all the way down the ladder, run across yellow beam down the 1st "sloped" part i run n strafe jump halfway down to the left (where materia is sometimes) run across the back part and i jump again towards the middle of the runway (dont need to go ladder cuz of no fall dmg) also avoiding the tele there. I have done this a million times while being the last one after covering or even falling and being last in line. You can still make it without do jumps like that in the video even if u cover teammates
  16. Jan 13, 2013
    I've had to kick you for Bhopping before. It's not common for you to not bhop. any jumps at all which gives a benefit over the other team is illegal (ex: 2 jumps down a ramp, 3 jumps that get you over a set of boxes faster than normal) (If im wrong, please tell me, as that is what i look for). I feel that this ban should stay. Maybe you will learn not to bhop.
  17. Mar 12, 2008
  18. Feb 1, 2011
    IMO your tricks for descending the core are in line with what we would define as advantageous bhopping on ZE. I always wondered how people were getting down there so fast, now I know. This didn't used to be common practice AFAIK, seems like a more recent trend during core descent. Usually 1-2 hops I don't bat an eye at, but that was pretty clearly 3 well-timed bhops, beginning with one off a slope that shot you out with some considerable speed.

I don't think this admin abuse thread is necessarily the place to officially decide whether this is bhopping or not, but I certainly cannot fault Enemy Below for considering it as such - I would have probably had the same reaction and at least given you a warning. With that being said, I really don't see how this could qualify as admin abuse - Enemy Below seems to have been enforcing the rules to the best of his ability. Thanks for the well-documented report though, never hurts to ask questions I guess.

Locked :handcuffs:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.