Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Engine Error: prop_door with no model

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Kinetic, Aug 21, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    what does this mean, i used a door texture and made it a func_door_rotating. how can i fix it.
  2. May 15, 2011
    Use a func_rotating for a brush made to look like a door. func_door_rotating is for model doors. Or at least, that's how I do it.
  3. May 28, 2012
    func_door_rotating can use any model. I make them like that. It might be a glitch with sdk on your end. Works fine for me all the time!
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    That's not true. If you use a right door model as a left door model or vice versa, you will be presented with that error. It's not a glitch with sdk, it's a user-end error (aka you).
    sajak, Aug 21, 2012 Last edited by sajak, Aug 21, 2012
  5. Mar 19, 2012
    func_door_rotating does not need to be a model and in fact can only be tied to a brush. I think you guys are confusing this with prop_door_rotating.

The only difference between func_rotating and func_door_rotating is that func_door_rotating has an open/closed state and a few other options.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
    • May 15, 2011
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 28, 2012
      • May 31, 2012
        there is not func_rotating, only prop_rotating_door
      • Mar 19, 2012
        There are 2 types of entities, point(entity tool) and brush. I will assume you already know how to make point entities.
        To make a brush entity create a brush (shape) add a texture and then right click in 2d window -> tie to entity
      • May 31, 2012
        nvm that one, ok so i got that down but when i hit e, the door doesnt open, if i run in to it i hear the door opening sound but it doesnt open.
      • Mar 19, 2012
        Look through EVERY single option as well as the flags.
      • Nov 11, 2011
        Make sure the angle it opens is set to 90 and the direction it faces.
      • May 15, 2011
        The best method for shit with angles is to test it in a small box map, with nothing but your current toy. Things like doors and rotating props can sometimes be a real BITCH when it comes to figuring out which way they spin and shit. If you can really figure out the X,Y,Z directions and memorize them/ recognize them on the fly, you'd be golden.

Try testing multiple instances of a single door. Using all the different methods to see which one works best, and which ones work at all.
      • May 31, 2012
        i made the door open, but its a slide door, how do i make it swing
      • May 15, 2011

[IMG]

In the 2D wireframe view, I have pointed out this small dot. That dot will be what the door rotates around.

[IMG]

This is probably the only flag you need.
      • May 31, 2012