Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Establish Illegal Ledge Spot

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Harvey, Dec 30, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 7, 2010
    I strongly recommend the following ledge spot be off limits on zm_4way_tunnel_v2.

Of the several years I've been playing this map, I have yet to see any zombie reach anyone on this spot. Even with super-jumping you will not be able to reach them.

2. Nov 30, 2010
    Why do you want to get rid of your favorite camping spot? :razz:

Yeah I agree with Harvey, this spot is the sux.
  3. May 11, 2010
    Zombies can easily break the supports and drop the human down (as seen in the picture)
  4. Oct 10, 2010
    i can fix this easy if you want
  5. May 11, 2010
    No fix necessary.
  6. Oct 10, 2010
    i know this spot,
    you can stay up there even the breakables are shoot down,
    turn it in a func_illu will fix it
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    To reiterate what Moonlight is saying, even when you break the supports there is still a small ledge you can stand on. I'm sure that is in fact what Harvey is referring to.

Edit: Also I agree with Harvey on this one. inb4 superboost BS.
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    I agree as well, this is a ledge and you cannot get the humans up there.
  9. May 11, 2010
    Sorry - misunderstood. Agreed about the invisible ledge once the supports are broken being illegal.

Post will be :locked: and added to map thread in Illegal Spots forum at EOD tomorrow.
  10. Oct 10, 2010
    i can fix it ...
  11. Jul 14, 2008
    I vote for moonlight to fix that spot.
  12. Oct 10, 2010
    i care about this tomorrow
  13. Jul 20, 2010
    So what I'm hearing here is people QQing about a spot that you don't know how to get people in. You can easily tag the person on there from below along the floor. I've been up there and gotten tagged before many of the people that are regs. on the server have gotten tagged there. It's not that hard to tag the people up there. Myself, Rxn, Haplo, Nozgat and others. What this is going to be made an illegal spot because a FEW people are QQing about not being able to get people up there. Learn to work as a team when your a zombie. Whats next make other spots that require teamwork illegal also. I'm not ok with the "fix" that moonlight wants to do for this map. This ruins the map and game. You take away a spot to go to so that's less spots for us CT's to run to and defend. Which then inturn makes a cluster fuck on the map. What next the doors are going to be "fixed" also because you can easily defend that and never die? Before we even think about that being made illegal all admins should get together and discuss not just a few people make this choice on making it illegal.
  14. Apr 9, 2007
    While I understand that it's possible to tag people up there, there isn't much debate in terms of it's "legality". I'm sure if you were not being shot at, you could maybe stack and get up there. Maybe jump on a couple props or two. But this just isn't plausible, especially when you're being shot at from the above.

This is the reason that vents are illegal, and considering there are six admins (including myself) voting against this spot. I don't see how it would turn out any differently.
  15. Jul 20, 2010
    You do realize you have to defend the entire length of that place. Meaning that they can stack up to you along atleast 8 different points. Good luck defending that many points by yourself. It's very hard to do so. Even I can't hold that off at times. All that takes is team work. Also vents have 2 points of defense which we can see why they are illegal. This has atleast 8 points to defend by yourself. I've seen it many times where people get killed up there I have even gotten people up there. All it takes is zombies double stacking to get them. 6 admins out of how many that havent voiced their opinion yet? Like I said few people are QQing about this spot after how long this map being on the server?
  16. Jul 20, 2010
    Here's a thought guys test out what I'm saying before you go about ruining a perfectly good map/spot. This is just killing maps all the spots that are illegal on that map are already illegal. Like I stated before you can get the person on there. IT JUST TAKES TEAMWORK like every other map that has good spots you need TEAMWORK try it and see that it works.

*Looks at kitten infront of me and punches it across the room*

17. Aug 8, 2008
    dude, it's still incredibly easy to defend.
    It was obviousally not meant to be camped since the orginal supports can be knocked down. I'm guessing it falls, the designer wanted the humans to fall down.
    Like the Glitch spot in highway, I can get it to, but it was designed to be gotten to,

ignore spelling and grammar
  18. Jul 14, 2010
    ive never died on that spot ever, even when an awp and 20 zombies trying get me. damn easy to defend.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    If it's so easy to defend then how come me and a lot of different players can kill whoever is up there? Hmmm? Oh wait its cuz it's not a easy place to defend. Like I said before go try the spot before you pass judgement. If you don't know how to get up there or tag the person thats up there then the spot should be made illegal then? That hardly sounds like a good reason. Can we stop ruining maps because of the few people that QQ about spots they don't know how to get to or kill people in those spots. This just ruins the whole game. Makes it so there are less spots to go to which then make the game boring because of so many illegal spots that frankly shouldn't be illegal. Like the light post that is now clipped and blocked that moonlight "fixed" the one where she moved the crane button that got spammed. That spot wasn't even illegal but yet it was changed so no one can get to it? Is this what really is going to happen to every single map on this server we are going to dumb them down for players that QQ? Are we turning into Blizzard?

Rant off
  20. Jul 14, 2010
    agree on the lightpost :frown:. but ive played that spot probably just as much as anyone on the server and can't recall dying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.