Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Eurovision

Discussion in TV Shows started by Nitrogenix, May 11, 2014

1. Feb 25, 2014
    Well, Austria one, hell yes (fuck russia:angry:) and totally deserved, with all the influence atm coming form russia against gay people and lesbians this is a good statement. And tbh the song was good too, it sounded like a james bond theme song, very nice.

Second place was my own country, the common linets I'm so proud we finnaly where able to reach far again this time. I had a fun time, the poor twins couldn't help it that people in the staduim where shouting boo everytime russia got points, but i'm kinda sick and tired to of russias hate against everything they see as abnormal.

Here is the top 3:

1. Conchita Wurst - Rise Like a Phoenix

2. The Common Linnets - Calm After The Storm

3.Sanna Nielsen - Undo
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Eurovision is one of the worst representations of music nowadays. It has nothing at hearth other than money, media attention and votes based on anything but the music. Terrible. I'm glad I haven't watched it anymore ever since I realised this.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Jun 11, 2012
      • Like Like x 1
      • Apr 3, 2013
        [IMG]
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • May 30, 2012
          I dont even know what to say about it to be honest, it was weird...
        • Feb 25, 2014
          That is not true, there are good songs between them it just that the weird acts stands out, we as the Netherlands from example and Sweden too and some other countries are trying to get quality songs in it, but that you havent watched is for sure otherwise you wouldn't have come to this conclusion.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I have watched Eurovision ever since we had a television, I am studying music for over 14 years by now. I know what I'm speaking about, and that's merely my personal opinion. The representation is bad not because the music is/may be bad (Actually I think it's inferior last time I watched but that's personal taste) but because the way it is being put forward and how it's used in Eurovision. If I can read correctly, I wrote nothing in my first post that Eurovision had zero quality songs in it... And yea, the acts make it look like as if all of the effort was put in there lol, putting the music in an even more ridicilous state. Dance and music have always gone together, but in Eurovision it's both a cover for many malicious political decisions and most of all: MONEY

Let me show you quality music that generated money because it earned it and deserved it with a real concept and hearth behind it:

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy04c-6DEgE&feature=kp
        • Mar 30, 2013
          French was the last because we don't care about eurovision :wink:

The french song was this shit:

via http://youtu.be/rwVDXWGXE_8

From a band nobody knew before.
        • Mar 20, 2012
          Why does this dude wear woman clothes? wtf
        • Feb 25, 2014
          So basic your stating your opinion and your taste, and ofcourse it is also a money thing, HELLO what kind of world do u think we live in, it is just beside that fact how u look at it, you find it negative allot of other people find it positive. Money or not there really quality between them, look at the song my country sended to the show. And i totaly disagree with you about music, every century has it's own music, you find nowdays crap, people in the 70 said the same about the music then. it's just complaining about that everything is better in the past. There good music now as then, as there was good music on eurovision back then as there is now, just your opinion is different doesn't mean it is just that.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Look... What I quoted is what you don't understand. My first post was my opinion. Opinion. Opinion is not fact. You are interpreting my post as fact, as the actual confirmation of how things are standing in music. I'm sharing my thoughts, you're argumenting them as facts. Don't do this. It's pointless.

So please, once again, this is my opinion. I understand your POV, I just don't share the same vision. For me the music in the past is more than 100000000000000000 better in quality, inspiration and instrumental useage. Now it's "let's take a computer and make some digital sounds with ridicilously uninspired text" (REMINDER: This is an opinion. Under no circumstances should this be interpreted as facts)

Back in the days, people said that because the standard was much, muuuuuuch higher than it is nowadays. My problem with it is that people have accepted this low musical quality standard. Maybe (and probably?) that is because people hunkered for music that required no thinking (matter of fact Pink Floyd is music of which you have to think about, and is just one example of the many), they don't want inspired music anymore. People just want boom boom boom and get brainwashed in a chunk of digital trash. (REMINDER: This is an opinion. Under no circumstances should this be interpreted as facts)

Back in the days the Beatles already had such music, it wasn't so heavy as those heavy conceptual styles or the steady hardrock era, though it was still inspired simple music with a strong message behind all of their music. Today, I can't find passion, originality, style, instrumental input or inspirated text whatsoever, no matter how hard I try to look. There are a few exceptions but they are also meager compared to what we produced before the computer era. (REMINDER: This is an opinion. Under no circumstances should this be interpreted as facts)

That is not to say I completely dislike electronical music. No. IF there are artists for electronical music, why not? Kraftwerk is a perfect example and one of the pioneers. I also love Pendulum for one fact, yet is completely different and rather to the modern musical style (D&B). However, those really went for it and made inspirational electronic music. They didn't just spout electronical music "because they wanted to". No, they did it with a hearth and soul, and made the difference and is for me the reason why I love them.

Soooooo, back to Eurovision. I remain at my POV and I'm pretty sure it is well-thought because I'm basing myself on my own musical experience, the experience of many other people and the knowledge behind it. I also base myself on facts as of how Eurovision is being set up and is one more reason to fortify my POV. (REMINDER: This is an opinion. Under no circumstances should this be interpreted as facts)

Music remains at large a subject of interpretation and is the reason why I will never state that one style is 'justified' or not. I will simply express my opinion with all my hearth because I still think that 99% of the music from this age is total garbadge. When I'm putting my mind in the future, I couldn't possibly see people going to say that "wow the music in the 21th age was amazing compared to today!", whereas back in the time of the beatles, Pink Floyd, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind & Fire, Led Zeppelin, Sting, Simply Red, Marvin Gaye, Bob Marley, many other unnamed (probably less known) we were already starting to think if they were surpassable. To my liking, they haven't ever been surpassed, and I think it's impossible. I'm certain of that!
        • Jun 11, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Not gonna qoute the wall of text, but it came over as it was just that as you said it. I understand that you don't like it, your reason I still find invalid. There still allot of what you call craft work into the eurovision, just not the craft work you acknowledge or you (that is your opinion) find inferior in what has been made. Eurovision is still a good festival and it serves it most imported purpose, uniting Europe, although even that is not as great as it used to be.

When I listen to Queen (probaly between your unamed ones) on my LP player and then turn on itunes and listen to the same song, that makes me cry and that is what I call shit. I just cannot and i even refuse to call other music shit or not good, because it is a matter or taste or opinion. Nowdays there still good music being made, you either not looking good enough because there really good unknown bands out there. Just not mainstream enough to earn money, yes money which is the issue again. doesn't mean it isn't there.

Back to eurovision, yes it is not uber quality all the time, but what do u expect when 25+ countries are sending in songs, not all of them are good, most of them are also just for fun or being made with a message inside, see Austria winner song, which people mostly voted on to piss of Russia. But to burn down all of them is just not fair, if you would have listen then you would also come to the conclusion that there where good songs between them, even if you do use the standard of the 70s