Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Eve Online

Discussion in Gaming started by Reaper, Feb 4, 2007

1. Jan 5, 2007

I've been playing it for over a year now, and enjoy every moment of it.

The adrenaline rush you get from taking a small frigate or cruiser up against a large battleship is hard to match. Fleet battles with hundreds of players all firing at eachother, or small skirmishes with a gang of a half-dozen other pilots. I have yet to find another MMO that can rival the PvP experience that Eve can deliver, and the PvE content is impressive as well.

It's $15.00 USD a month to keep the account going, but 'skills' train while you are offline, which is fairly unique comapred to other games.

Anyways, I was just wondering if any other PlagueFest members have played Eve or not.
  2. Jan 5, 2007
    I forgot to mention, it's also a pay-to-play game. So it's actually about $15.00 USD per month to keep your account active. Editting my original post to include it.
  3. Feb 1, 2007
    I don't like the idea of pay to play games. If there was maybe some way of making it $15 for 30 hours of playing or whatever I would play them, but it is the fact that you pay a fixed monthly fee - making you want to play it all the time - consuming your life. I have known many good gamers to fall to the great evil that is pay-to-play games.

R.I.P
    Mr JSA
    The Dead 1
    Wolfy
    etc....
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    Well, with Eve, you're also able to use the in-game currency, ISK, to 'legally' buy gametime codes from other players to renew your subscription.
  5. Dec 30, 2006
    I played eve online for a day, i was telling reaper about it.
  6. Jan 5, 2007
    Yeah, he was telling me how someone ganked him in one of the safer areas so he quit. :razz:

Really though, if you play smart you can avoid almost any situation where you would risk losing your ship to someone else.
  7. Dec 30, 2006
    Do you still play eve online? reaper or no?
  8. Jan 5, 2007

-Reaper
  9. Jan 5, 2007
    Old topic is old... But they released quite a few new videos for the game, so here's just a few links to enjoy.

The Butterfly Effect
    Day of Darkness 2
    Apocrypha

If anyone would be interested in giving the game a try, I can send you a 21-day trial key to give it a shot.
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    i always thought eve online would be a very fun game, however I just didnt want to forced to pay $20 or w/e every month to play the game. :frown:
  11. Sep 21, 2008
    thats why I play free mmo's. I used to play flyff and gunbound.
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    For about 320mil ISK(in-game currency) you can buy a 30-day time code off the market from other players. At the point where I am in the game, I make about 80-150mil a day while being mostly semi-AFK so it's not too hard to keep your account going. If you get off to a good start, the 21-day trials I can give out are plenty of time to make the money needed for a time code. Then of course I could always help out with getting one if you run out of time.
  13. Nov 18, 2008
    I tried it and i liked it but i have no money to keep it going and my computer is fail and the graphics would get on my nerves bueacuse my computer is such crap.
  14. Feb 21, 2007
    that sounds pretty cool. Wasnt aware that you could use ingame currency for that. Think I might try it then ^