Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[Event]Free 2 month donator.

Discussion in Setup an Event started by 911Trigger, Mar 18, 2012

1. Feb 9, 2012
    I'd like to start an event where I (and hopefully others) will pay for a 2 month donator subscription to one person. I've yet to officially start this as I'm not sure what the event will be yet. Also i was hoping after i finish my event, if another player would like to step in and be willing to pay a 2 month donator subscription to a player.

All time based events will be by server time (unless specified)

Current Sponsors:
    911Trigger - 2 Sponsor -
    Event date : March 31'st (based on gametracker's time)

Req: 50+ hours logged. At most 1 ban registered (duration is taken into consideration). Must PM me to enter.
    Event: I will pick a day, and the player who logs the most hours during that day will win. (make sure u stay on a single server, as i will be tracking u based on the 1 server you're staying on)

Quietly Yell - 3 Sponsors :
    Event Date : March 23/24/25 .

Req: 50+ hours logged. No bans (except maybe 1).
    Event: Most wins in a ZE map. (details will be added later)

Noodles - 2 Sponsors (1 Donator, 1 Admin) -
    Event date : April 13th, 10PM EST, ZM1 Server (9PM CST, 8PM MST, 7PM PST)

Donator:
    Requirement: Registered PF Forum account, No bans within 30 days, no more than 1 ban within 6 months.
    Recommended: Active Forum user, No bans, 10+ Hours a week on servers. Actively communicates via chat/mic in game.
    Event: From now until the event date, interested players will send me a PM via PF Forums with a paragraph with basic info, why they want to be donator, and other related content. 24 hours prior to event date, all submissions will be reviewed. Submissions sent after that time will be nulled. At event date/time, winner will be announced in ZM1 server,
    Admin:
    Requirement: Registered PF Forum account, No bans within 90 days, no more than 1 ban within 12 months.
    Recommended: Active Forum user, No bans, 15+ Hours a week on servers. Active on servers, as well as rule enforcement. Eccentric method of submission suggested.
    Event: From now until the event date, interested players will send me a PM via PF Forums with 2 paragraphs with basic info, why they want to be admin, explaining their responsibilities if selected as admin, and other related content. 24 hours prior to event date, all submissions will be reviewed. Submissions sent after that time will be nulled. At event date/time, winner will be announced in ZM1 server.

Conker - Up to 10 Sponsors (1x3 month admin) :
    Req: None
    Event: Be a great player, be kind,courteous and pleasant.
    For the 3 month admin, it will be given to mappers/donators with the best attitude and the most contributive member.

Possible/Upcoming Sponsors:
    Meeko - 1 sponsor :

How can I be a sponsor?
    It's easy! just have at least 10 dollars and are able to subscribe to paypal. If you would like to be a sponsor, add me on steam and i will add u to the list. feel free to make up your own event on how you want your subscription given or if you can't think of one, ill do one for u and let you know who the winner is. (please do not ask to be a sponsor, and then decide not to do it anymore after the event is done.)

Do I have to keep sponsoring them?
    Of course not. You choose how long you want to sponsor a person, and how many. Only want to sponsor once? that's fine, that's very generous already. I will probably try to sponsor one person every 6 months. (yes im cheap but hey, we have a huge population, im sure there's many generous players around who will fill up each month's goal). So don't feel bad if you only want to do this once.

Some player given suggestion for events:
    -Create a pF logo, and the best will win.
    -Create a zm/ze map, and it will be voted? (and possibly added to the server)
    -(by castlex) whoever makes the best signature for me
    -Gungame, whoever wins (reaches the last level)
    • Like Like x 4
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 9, 2012
      Wondering if maybe 2 more people would like to add their name to the sponsor list? it could mean the world to a few people, plus you'll be helping out the server a bit too. this would also be a great way to get people to start going to forums.

also: Sorry, if anything i may have to triple post. but not until i have clearly figured out what the event will be or until there is another sponsor.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      According to the top only LSA'S and Higher can create events so...? Sounds interesting though.
    • Feb 9, 2012
      This is the setup an event section. it's not the official event thread yet but i hope for it to be one day/soon.

Also, as this is jsut a setup. feel free to give ideas on how the prize should be given! for now i don't know what event it should be.

I was thinking maybe have people post, and pick the post number using a RNG like our staff did with the cs:go beta, but i wanted it to be more interesting and fun also.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      If you come up with an actual event an official listing / thread could be created on the events cal/section with a set date for whatever the event was, coming up with that idea is another story however... would probably come down to some sort of mini competition on one of the ZM servers or something if you're going for the fun route instead of just picking out of a hat. Highest score at the end of a certain map? No idea... :thinking:
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Feb 9, 2012
      One possible idea could be a trivia, although it seems unoriginal and not quite should what questions would be asked (although another sponsor could choose this event for themselves if they wish).

if anything i feel the best way to fairly give everyone a chance is to do a pick from forums, or a contest on the forums. Having people log in at a certain time gives some other players who do not live in the same timezone an unfair chance.

@Brian is there any way to check who logs in the longest consecutively in a day? i think one event i can do is to see who stays the longest in our server without disconnecting (meaning they actually have to avoid Harvey, the spectator/afk manager/cleanup) hahas. basically they'll have to sit in our server and play through maps for quite a while and avoid being kicked/banned.

1 payment of donator = 2 months worth for 10 dollars.

So are you saying you are willing to pay 2 payments of it? (meaning 20 dollars total) on one person? or two people?
    • Jan 8, 2012
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Feb 9, 2012
      @s3th , @meeko That's great!, now we have 3 sponsors. basically reached the goal I liked. if anyone else would like to include yourself let me know by posting here or adding me on steam.

Also, s3th and meeko. Is there a certain event you guys would like to do to determine your winner or would you like me/others to pick for you?
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I haven't decided yet. D:
    • Feb 9, 2012
      Oh my bad, i thot ur second post meant u confirmed it. hahas. well i changed it, you get small fonts!
    • Jul 19, 2011
      how about a zm contest? I only got a 2month subscription so.. mine is about to run out. Does that count? I have like 1000 hours on server haha.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      @911Trigger Have to have atleast 50 posts, no forum infractions and no server infractions in the last 3 months. That would be the basics for a winner of my caliber ;], and for the contest I am not sure. Maybe make a ms paint of pF and whoever enters gets their name put in random and I will draw two. Something easy, and fun xD.

Just throwing random options out there, unless you want it more in depth.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      If its a server event you are looking to set up, you are most likely going to need some admins and a LSA or so to monitor cheaters and or general rule breakers. I remember the last event...admin hell.

Btw, I wouldn't mind helping with the events. I'm broke as hell, but I don't mind helping out, advertising them, admining them, whatever I can. Just hit me up 911 and I'll do what I can.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      I can't name ANY non-admin, non-donor forum regular who is also a pF regular who meets that criteria off the top of my head. . . D:
    • Dec 6, 2011
      @911Trigger Put me down for multiple sponsors (not the same person twice though). Getting big money, thought I'd put it to something useful. Though, can I make my requirement no bans? I'd really like to not give trolls/borderline rule breakers any chance.

My suggested requirements:
      -Just having a forums account, no required post count, since some good people aren't even on here yet.
      -Logged over 50 hours on our servers.
      -No bans, possibility to consider exempting those w/ 1 ban that's < 30min.

Contest: A run on a certain ZE map, whoever makes it to the end the most times, wins. (This will be worked on to ensure the fairest of play possible. Looking for anybody's input on this to counter failing caused by noobs, and being the random zombie.)

Also @Brian , sorry to bother you, but any idea how I can fix the double spoilers in my signature?

EDIT: Thinking of doing 3 contests in 3 consecutive weekends. Not sure when, it's going to have to be when I KNOW my schedule is open.
    • Jan 12, 2012
      Seems Like Fun HopeFully This can Work well. :beauty:
    • Feb 12, 2012
      Throw me in as a donator, I am more than willing to donate $10 for 2 months to someone deserving.

I'd also like to do one for Admin, but with Admin comes responsibility, and may be highly selective. I need to sort that all out before I do end up doing it.

:Edit:
      We need to bring more people from the server to the forums. It feels like this site is 90% Admins and 10% Pubbers.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      You've got some unnecessary bbcode in your sig mucking things up it appears.

Code:
      [LEFT][spoiler="Graceful Bird"][/LEFT]
      [LEFT][I][U][B]Case:[/B][/U][/I] Silverstone Raven RV02-Evolution[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][I][U]CPU:[/U][/I][/B]Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (awaiting to be put under water, same for GPU)[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][I][U][B]GPU:[/B][/U][/I] Diamond Radeon HD 6770 1GB OC'd @ 950core/1400memory (temporary card awaiting 600 series, GTX 670 or 680)[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][U][I]RAM:[/I][/U][/B] PNY 4 x 4GB Sticks @ 1600Mhz[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][I][U]Motherboard:[/U][/I][/B] ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][I][U]SSD:[/U][/I][/B] OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III (another on the way)[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][I][U]HDD:[/U][/I][/B] Seagate 7200rpm 600GB[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][U][I]CPU cooler:[/I][/U][/B] Cooler Master V6 GT[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][B][I][U]Peripherals:[/U][/I][/B] Cyborg R.A.T. 7 & Logitech G15 (awaiting Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker set)[/LEFT]
      [LEFT][/spoiler][/LEFT]
      [LEFT] [/LEFT]
      [CENTER][COLOR=#000000]"Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant."[/COLOR][/CENTER]
      [CENTER] [/CENTER]
      [CENTER][COLOR=#000000][IMG]http://oi39.tinypic.com/15cyi5e.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/CENTER]
      When in doubt, use the non-wysiwyg editor so you can actually see the code and know where your problem is. In this case your LEFT tags were fucking it up. Your sig code should be:

Code:
      [spoiler="Graceful Bird"][I][U][B]Case:[/B][/U][/I] Silverstone Raven RV02-Evolution
      [B][I][U]CPU:[/U][/I][/B]Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz (awaiting to be put under water, same for GPU)
      [I][U][B]GPU:[/B][/U][/I] Diamond Radeon HD 6770 1GB OC'd @ 950core/1400memory (temporary card awaiting 600 series, GTX 670 or 680)
      [B][U][I]RAM:[/I][/U][/B] PNY 4 x 4GB Sticks @ 1600Mhz
      [B][I][U]Motherboard:[/U][/I][/B] ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
      [B][I][U]SSD:[/U][/I][/B] OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III (another on the way)
      [B][I][U]HDD:[/U][/I][/B] Seagate 7200rpm 600GB
      [B][U][I]CPU cooler:[/I][/U][/B] Cooler Master V6 GT
      [B][I][U]Peripherals:[/U][/I][/B] Cyborg R.A.T. 7 & Logitech G15 (awaiting Corsair SP2500 2.1 speaker set)
      [/spoiler]
      [CENTER][COLOR=#000000]"Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#000000][IMG]http://oi39.tinypic.com/15cyi5e.jpg[/IMG][/COLOR][/CENTER]
      and thus:

[IMG]

Not sure why the spoiler tag is so sensitive with other shit, I'm going to have to look into it some more...
      • Useful Useful x 1