Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Evolve - A new Chat client.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Kyle, Aug 2, 2011

1. Apr 9, 2007
    What makes Evolve different then Steam?

Evolve is a functional (Yes, an actually decent Chat client) Multi-Protocol chat client. At the moment it has Hamachi like support for VPN's over the net allowing you to create your own private rooms, creating your own locally hosted games.

Why should I even try Evolve? I already have Pidgin that supports X and Y.

Evolve for Windows Vista+ has an ingame overlay allowing you to chat to your Friends on AIM, Facebook Chat, Google Talk, Xfire, XMPP, ICQ, WLM/MSN, and of course Yahoo.

Wow. This and this appears to be broken with the client.

Well, that's a shame. File a bug report and chances are it will be fixed.

What does the interface look like?

Good question, there's a planned reworking. However at the moment it looks like this

Alrighty, well. I want to try this out!

Sounds great. There's one gotcha though, it's a closed beta.

Because of this, here's an invite link: https://www.evolvehq.com/embark/friend?token=nww0ptj9qkSqYuT27ArmsMBEwBFNuew2
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    a server i used to play on used this before its pretty good
  3. Mar 16, 2008
  4. Dec 30, 2006
    Who the fuck is Holman?
  5. Apr 9, 2007
  6. Jul 14, 2008
    They should make a mobile client or iPhone :smile:
  7. Jul 19, 2011
    r u talkin about me Wolfman
  8. Apr 9, 2007
    Soon™ (Valve registered that in 1999).
  9. Jun 4, 2006
  10. Jan 10, 2009
    i joined it even though i have a mac. seems like something i should keep incase it gains traction or i finally get around to building a computer...
  11. Oct 22, 2007
    Silly mac people, will they ever learn?!? :no: :no: :no:
  12. Jul 29, 2011
    I was thinking about getting a mac around Christmas. Do they really suck? :razz:inch:
  13. Apr 9, 2007
  14. Jan 10, 2009

i still hate you viva. lol. :3

and nah they don't suck that bad. i do admit they cost to much, but i really love my macbook.
  15. Mar 16, 2008