Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Evolve review.....why i wont get it

Discussion in Gaming started by Hitman 47, Mar 9, 2015

1. Oct 25, 2012
    Hitman 47, Mar 9, 2015 Last edited by Hitman 47, Mar 9, 2015
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    I heard my friend talking about this, I don't have time to watch teh video, can someone TL;DR?
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Basically Evolve has a great concept, but in the end it's all the same. After playing 10mins you'll instantly feel like doing the same over and over and over. In addition, there are plenty modes, but everyone only plays ONE mode, that's hunt. The other modes are inexistant. They're not being played.

Also, prepare yourself to run, because that's what you're gonna be doing all the time. Also, if the player being the monster sucks, you'll faceroll him. If ONE player in the hunters team is bad, the monster is gonna faceroll you. Also, did I mention that the story sucks? Because it does.

The worst part is the massive amounts of DLC. Like, a simply recolor skin of a weapon, something which you can do to ANY skin in Source which takes 5mins is included as DLC from the start. They charge you money for that. Over 100$ worth of DLC, only that it's not worth it, at all. Not a single piece. The graphics are amazing and the fluid animations. But that's it. Wait for this game to drop in price and it might be worth buying.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mar 10, 2014
      Ive got it and i find it kinda fun. Since it just released. It clearly needs some patches. Given some time and patches i think it will be great. Also i must dissagree on only playing the hunt. For ive que'd several extinction modes which are the most fun of the game. To me atleast, worth a lot of xp and it has an interactive world based on who won the previous round. suprisingly its not as one sided as you might think
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Beside the whole DLC ization of the game and the anger. Evolve is a fun COOP game. We've played more than 20 hours in the beta and that was just 2 maps over and over again. A good hunter team vs a good monster is amazing.

If they stop with the DLC issues, this is a really fun multiplayer game.

Also screw Wraiths and if you play Wraith you are a penis lover.
    • Oct 25, 2012
      I'm just really stoked for E3 and comic con this year gona meet up with my Wow GM Adrianne curry we gona get some dranks and some food and play some games

Hahahha yeah from what I've read they are QUITE OP
    • Jun 11, 2012
      You can take them out but they have a OP action they can do to freaking transport to somewhere. They are more vulnerable than other monsters but they move fast.
    • Mar 10, 2014
      Wraiths are re-goddam-diculous. So over powered. I do enjoy the kracken tho, most of all i love my medic
    • Jan 11, 2011
      Personally I'm not a big fan of PvP most of the time. I usually prefer PvE content and discovering/facing it with friends. When I heard the L4D team was making a new game but with aliens, my hype was over 9 thousand. When I learned it was 4v1 PvP... My disappointment was HUGE.
      I was expecting a new PvE game (with a PvP mode apart) with exciting campaigns and all the new scenarios and possibilities that sci-fi, space and aliens worlds can offer... Instead got an arena concept that doesn't interest me at all. MAYBE I could see myself paying 10€ to play a couple of times with friends and having a great time. But is not my piece of cake, specially not for its price and business model. Not worth it imo.

(Also disappointed in learning that the "dog" is a pet of one of the hunters, I thought a player was going to be the "dog" itself, biting and smelling and running faster instead of having weapons and what not).