Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ex-Donator Skin

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Si˚, May 9, 2011

1. May 5, 2011
    It would probably seem like a waste but hey just a idea out there XD

I was wondering if like donators can get a skin alone for donators but has no stats. Its just a skin that shows you've donated before. Default skins are boring imo. but yea just an idea. So yep, donators skin with no stats it just shows you've donated before, you can also have like a word on the back of the skin "Donator" or something. :biggrin:

Update Idea:

Donations at least +6 months or more?
    Skins give negative stats but look funny / or a no stat different skin.
  2. Jan 12, 2011
    Personally I think admins are a bit more deserving of that, but yeah, not a bad idea. Just need to make sure people aren't confused by someone having "donator" written on their back when they're an ex-donator....
  3. May 5, 2011
    yea i see what you mean by the name on the back when people are ex-donators heh forgot about that, but yea the main idea is just a donator no stat skin :smile: :thumbsup:
  4. Jul 14, 2008
    The only way I could see this happening is If you donate for a certain amount of time. For example 6+ months.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    A skin for donators only is an idea I'd consider but a skin for players who are no longer donors? That I can't support. What would give them incentive to continue their donator subscription if all they cared about was the skin? They'd buy it once and never again if they always had access to a custom skin and were satisfied with it. :confused:

I'm all for rewarding those who have supported us, past or present, but running PF is a continuous cost and keeping subscriptions going is a priority to ensure that cost is met every month.
  6. Jan 12, 2011
    You could make it a really silly skin for novelty. Like a zombified Barney or something. Or maybe something really subtle that wouldn't be very different from existing skins (Extra holster or pockets on model?). Also, Latino's idea of being donor for 6+ months.
  7. Mar 30, 2011
    make it something stupid like an extra big zombie with negitive stats, - jump - run ext, that way. if you are in chat and be like
    person 1, yeah, i donated before
    person 2, bro, your prob just staying that
    person 1, OH YEAH! (like the kool-aid man) bam a slow ass zombie skin
    person 2, oh sorry bro,
  8. Oct 29, 2010
    I could see these conversations happening all the time!

/s
  9. May 5, 2011
    Yea I know what you mean Brian my bad :razz:inch: but like if we used latino kings idea of like +6 months of donating how does that sound?

I like that idea of negative stats haha, you know a fun easy ugly skin that if you want it you'll have to donate at least +6 months or more or so.
  10. Oct 8, 2009
    making a silly skin would just make people want it b/c it's different and silly/stupid. most ppl would donate once and be good b/c they have that one skin.

i like latino's idea. u need a certain amount of donations.
  11. Mar 30, 2011
  12. May 5, 2011
    minimum donations to get skin...$1000 good right guys?
  13. Oct 8, 2009
    an ex-donator skin u get forever? might as well we $1000 :razz:
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    I think this should only be given to admins that've been admin for 1+ year honestly.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    Well, level 2 doesn't even get their own skin yet so why should donators or even ex-donators? As far as ex-donators go they do retain their Donator status on the forums forever, so that's 1 thing they get to keep, might not mean much to some but hey it's there. They're price is 5 bucks a month for a reason after all. We only have custom skins beginning at level 3+, which makes sense, since level 2 is an automated promotion given you didn't fuck up during your first month of adminship. We like to give back items that can actually be earned and not purchased per se, and since level 3 is the first level you actually really earn yourself, the first custom skin you earn begins there as well. Then once you hit level 4, another level you earn, you get yet another skin as well as free admin if you so choose to take it.

It's a little different for donators because they don't work their way up the ranks or earn anything, I mean they're called DONATORS that's what they do they throw $ at you for in-game perks. That being said, anything for donators or ex-donors would, as mentioned, have to have some prerequisites attached, but even 6+ months of donator isn't much, that amounts to $30 - and I'd bet we'd see donators saying "Can I just give you the 6 month $30 price up front and get the ex-donator skin?" - I literally can see it now and then they'd cancel their sub right after, enjoy the perks for 6 months AS WELL AS the skin and then keep the skin once it expires. Or perhaps they wouldn't even stick around long enough to finish their 'term' so we actually end up with a little extra $ for unused services, at any rate this wouldn't be fair to donators who were forced to wait 6 months before they even GOT the skin and I can tell I'm going off on tangents and speculating more than I should at this point so I'll just stfu. tl;dr - donators aren't going to get anything unless a solid idea / plan is presented, and even then I'm not making any promises. As I said donator is 5 bucks a month because they don't get a lot. They get to use some custom skins, can join servers if they're full, get a nice little forum status goin on but other then that there isn't much so its 5 bucks. I guess the point I'm making is I'd feel crummy giving DONATORS or even EX ones for that matter a custom skin and not even giving level 2 a custom skin when we earn far more $ on admin subs than donator subs (6 months of donator = 2 months of admin), but I don't want to give level 2 a custom skin either as I explained the desire to earn something earlier in this post. You can see why this would require some prerequisites of some sort. To be honest I don't see it happening, but hey that could just be my pessimism.
  16. Jan 12, 2011
    You make a convincing argument. Nicely worded. :grin:
  17. Feb 21, 2007
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    This time it isn't. This is truly, uniquely, a bad idea.
  19. May 27, 2008
    It really is. I guess this is how it gets when the community gets bigger. It's all just gimme this gimme that.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    More people, more ideas... some good some bad, eh? :confused: