Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Failure to Comprehend

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by AppleSalesmen, Jun 12, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 12, 2014
    So I would like to start off explaining my title, after thoroughly reading the rules, double checking and re-reading the rules I do not quite understand what the problem with what I did was. An even bigger problem was that the confusion did not start there, it really conceived when I was repeatedly muted and gagged without an explanation as to why it happened. The first event was when I was talking about a personal experience to which was said to be "skirting racism" due to an ignorance of my personal ethnicity and of whom I was talking about I could see why that was a problem, none the less I did not have the opportunity to explain myself before action was taken. Unfortunately there were more events that helped manifest this problem while I was accused of "racism" the rest of the server began instigating towards two females and were being explicitly sexist towards them with no action being taken. This instigation resulted in negative behavior by them and yet they were the only ones punished, not those who caused it. This was quite terrible in my opinion I didn't understand how this could happen to those holding power. The server was spamming their mics about Florida articles, sexism and masturbation for over 30 minutes yet no action took place, to me what it seemed was that since I am new and didn't have much notoriety in the server I was scrutinized against the majority to which many supported my stand...and were wrongfully punished along with me...Just the admins weren't so kind. Bias, that is the best word I can think of using next to prejudice from what the admins showed. I can't blame the community for these actions, it is human nature to follow those in power but this was a terrible guide to bring some of these members. The perpetrators were atxdragon and seeker, I would say seeker was the most prevalent in these actions but still... atxdragon played his part I understand proof is needed and here it is http://imgur.com/nsw1qER,A2O2800,ZrgvFQ3 while I know this might not matter due to how new i am... and most wouldnt read this far, justice is deserved I looked at the rules and I did not break any all I ask for is an explanation, the explanation i did not receive in the server. Thank your for your time and patience I hope you all have fun and can right the wrongs that happened to me and the others.
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    I don't have any comment on the first part as I did not handle anything related to racism/sexism. You were warned for spamming the mic with nonsense related to Apple. Your repeated commentary on "buying an apple phone" was considered spamming. Regardless of what others were doing, you were directly asked to cease spamming on the mic. You were warned and then muted. You then proceeded to continue your conversation in chat, where you were then silenced. @Seeker may be able to comment on the earlier activities.
  3. Jun 12, 2014
    Though the infractions I received were not inherently related to AppleSalesman's, I feel that I should make some things clear considering the fact that he took the time to mention me in this post. I was muted, gagged, and banned by Seeker for the things I said which may indeed have seemed vicious and hateful. However, the words I said weren't entirely unjustified; as a rape survivor and a diagnosed sufferer of bipolar disorder, I am often susceptible to the casual yet harmful comments of others, namely those of MS DOS. "Women should not be on the internet because they just complain," he said. The rest of the server horrifically responded with jovial hums of agreement. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! This incident only reminded me of the oppression I've endured at the hands of people (men) like MS DOS. And, consequently, I momentarily lost sight of my manners and angrily attempted to convey the damage MS DOS had unknowingly caused. The server, again, completely took his side and exposed me to an onslaught of homophobic, sexist, and fatphobic insults (such as "fat dyke"). This only exacerbated the intense emotion I'd been experiencing at the time (and, as you remember, I have bipolar disorder and I can't often control myself when I am faced with hostility of this magnitude).

Am I absolving myself of my actions? Absolutely not. I do, however, implore the admins to consider the actions of others and how they provoked and instigated until the situation became out of control.

Sincerely,
    tea_girl
  4. Secprotocol
    This message by Secprotocol has been removed from public view. Deleted by Secprotocol, Jun 12, 2014, Reason: Seeker's the man..
    Jun 12, 2014
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    You claim to have read the rules, but if you had you would have read this rule and known that was why anyone trying to aid your claims was just going to be punished further.
    This is entirely false. There was perhaps one sexist thing said toward them which admittedly I missed, probably because the females were raging on mic. They were muted for that reason as well. Both of them decided to spam chat with caps, so they were both gagged as well. They decided to evade it twice and earned themselves bans. Others chimed in about how I was abusing my power by muting them, which is clearly interfering. The gag for caps came after gagging both the female players for spamming caps in chat. I'm not sure why you thought following their lead would be a good idea.
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    Well that is where the confusion is being met, what is considered spamming? As you just said "Regardless of what others were doing" I was not spamming at all, I was discussing Apple Products that is correct, I wouldn't call it nonsense, but even still just because you don't like it doesn't make it against the rules. I am not telling you how to do your job at all but clearly there is some problem here between action and execution. You are right it doesn't matter what the others were doing but then why was the focus on me? I was talking a clear margin less than the others were, I was typing less than others, and on top of all I was directing towards someone who reciprocated the communication. Others were talking to the air for all who were there and even didn't care, and being extremely inappropriate but once again...It doesn't matter. Someone called tea_girl "A fat dyke" but some how you could notice me and not that...but once again... It doesn't matter. My less than 1 minute conversation was interrupted with a mute then when unmuted I was muted after less than 30 seconds for another conversation about "nonsense" which is more relevant than any other word spoken in that server...but...It mattered... So with this information present please enlighten me as I asked in my first post give me the explanation I deserve...A proper one, not some default and ambiguous comment... So please end the ambiguity of my actions and as I said before...enlighten me...
  7. Jun 12, 2014
    Frankly, that rule only serves as a gateway to admin abuse.
    Anyone who sheds the opaque wall of bias for just a moment can see that clearly.
    Gregarious people like AppleSalesman shouldn't be targeted and persecuted in such a way.
    Good intentions are, apparently, not enough in this situation.
    Obviously, my situation was different, but I don't believe that removes my right to weigh in on this unjustified muting/gagging.
    That said, I'd like to make it clear that I have no hard feelings toward Seeker. I only wish you would see the situation from my side as well.
    Some users insulted not only myself but League of Doom in very offensive ways and they deserve punishment as well.

tea_girl
  8. Jun 10, 2011
    I was on the server at the time, and I would just like to be witness to how crazy the server was. It was like all the trolls came out of the woodwork at once. I'm sorry if you felt unjustly picked on AppleSalesmen, and I cannot say I personally noticed your particular errors, however at a time of clear mass troll activity, surely you would have realised that that was not exactly the time to be having a long discussion over the mic.

This abuse thread is for AppleSalesmen, and I would suggest that tea_girl's seperates her claims to different thread if she herself wishes to make a claim. However, with names such as "DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE BITCHES", "SEEKER EATS DICKS IN HELL" and "SEEKER'S $5 BLOWJOBS" I cannot see it going far.
  9. Jun 12, 2014
    This was not false at all, if it somehow alluded the solid at the least 5 minutes of patronizing comments that were clear to the public's ear then perhaps that is something that needs to be worked on personally. Also not being an admin I don't know of the personal abilities but I dont know who can hear them when they are muted... Because I heard many terrible comments towards them during their mutes and gags...but regardless that is best taken up with them not me for that situation I am a bystander, for mine I am a victim, all I ask for is an explanation I have yet receive, other than some basic generic comment, this makes me think that there is no real response that I am waiting for...
  10. Aug 7, 2012
    You were explicitly warned to stop spamming apple nonsense on the mic. You disregarded this and continued which led to a mute. You then continued the nonsense in chat where you were silenced.
  11. Jun 12, 2014
    Well long is a strong word for the duration for my conversation...But regardless of who joined the server that doesn't justify stereotyping and generalizing...that is exactly how these events happen, I would expect those in power be trusted with this ability to separate actions of all players instead of bunching them all up and punishing them so...
  12. Jun 12, 2014
    I will admit that I donned those vulgar names. And in my defense, who knows if Seeker actually doesn't perform fellatio in the underworld? However, as you may have read, I am not only a rape survivor but also a diagnosed sufferer of bipolar disorder and I sometimes find myself in a state of intense anger. Others on the server, though, were certainly not innocent either. I am not seeking reversal of the disciplinary action imposed upon me; I am only stating that the actions of others should indeed be considered as well.
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    So learn to control it. While its unfortunate that you have these ailments, they don't excuse your behavior.
    Post Merged, Jun 12, 2014
    I heard maybe one comment that I was unable to identify and I issued a warning shortly thereafter. There was nothing sexist said following the warning.
  14. Oct 9, 2012
    there is that word again, "nonsense". You keep saying it but all it shows is what YOU think of it. AppleSalesman did stop when you asked him to, but the last time you muted and gagged him was because I personally asked him a question about my phone jokingly because I thought he was funny. However when we started joking about it he was instantly muted. Do the admins on this server have THAT much power over what they dictate "annoying" or "nonsense"? I have seen that rule on almost all servers i've played on and it's mostly there as a end all be all incase things get too far. Also when someone is muted the only option they have is typing, so what is the point of gagging someone for typing right after a mute?
  15. Jun 12, 2014
    I'm sorry, but you cannot "control" bipolar disorder.
  16. Aug 7, 2012
    Players will be silenced if they continue the same spam in chat that they did over the mic.
    Post Merged, Jun 12, 2014
    This does not exempt you from the rules of the server.
  17. Jan 21, 2011
    Honestly, I don't care. Being bipolar explains your actions, but it doesn't excuse them.
  18. Jun 12, 2014
    Now THAT is entirely false, to me what it seems is you are trying to lesson the blow of what happened. There was clearly more than one comment from multiple people while I did not see your warning, I for one am not one to jump to conclusions and let my personal preference cloud facts. Then again only one warning was clearly not enough to stop what went on, there were even sporadic comments going around here and there, so clearly only 1 was not enough in my honest opinion.
  19. Dec 30, 2006
    Can anyone please provide a demo or a recording of this incident. The bantering between everyone is getting frustrating to read.
  20. Oct 9, 2012
    Even if that is the case for Apple, which all he did was type 3 lines to me about talking ELSEWHERE. That is not the case for me, all I said was ONE single thing in defense of a friend and I got gagged for that. How does that constitute as "Spam"? Anyways I am gonna wait for a demo before discussing further for Secprotocol's sake and because it's all "he said she said" until a demo is provided.
  21. Jun 12, 2014
    I never said it does. I said that other players were also at fault.

Anyway, I find it egregious that you so casually dismiss the hardships I face due to the ailment I was cursed with. Perhaps you feel animosity toward me personally, but do not insult sufferers of bipolar disorder by saying it is something you can control. Have you any inkling of the devastating toll a mental illness can have on a person? The fact that you "don't care" exemplifies the core issue here; I don't mean in my case, but in AppleSalesman's. You did not take into account all the factors of the situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.