Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fair play [ROOTS PLEASE READ LAST POST]

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Purpzz, Feb 8, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 3, 2011

First of all, i will not call names to avoid things, so i will say 'people' instead of names. Just to clear that up in case some are wondering.
    I would suggest to turn ztele off in the escape server, it would be better for some fair play because people use it in a cheating way.
    An example need? Here we go:

Example u are a zombie running after a human and you are almost getting him, he goes !ztele and mislead you when u could normal have him if he didnt !ztele.
    This is annoying and cheating, or ztele is gone, or you guys make a rule about that because people saying 'u mad' when i say thats cheating is kinda dumb, i am not mad at all why must i be mad when i say something, thats ridiculous.

Anyway, please do something on this.

Thanks! x
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    I agree, humans being able to !ztele ruins the game play in ze
  3. Oct 20, 2011
    I didn't even realize humans could ztele in ZE. Really doesn't make any sense at all to have it for humans on any server.
  4. Jul 4, 2011
    I believe it was implemented to give people getting stuck another chance without admin intervention, I however think it's being abused to the point where it needs to be removed as humans can use it to escape death as there is no delay.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Agreed. I've seen it be used multiple times. Then usually that person ends up delaying if he's one of the final people.
  6. Jan 21, 2011

I didn't know humans could ztele on ze, either. Odd. It also doesn't surprise me that the ze'ers use it to troll.
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    Hm, I would have to agree with Michelle on this one. If it really is ZE that players are using !ztele to avoid getting stabbed and teleport back to spawn then I think it should be punishable.. Then again on the flip side, a zombie could do the same.

However I would deem this as exploiting and delaying the round.
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    [font="'Comic Sans MS"]I would just suggest to disable ALL !ztele in escape server, it aint need at all.[/font]
  9. Jul 28, 2011
    Are you talking about disabling it for humans and zombies? I think zombies should still have it. Sure they might use it to escape death sometimes, but in ze the purpose is more to escape than to kill zombies. Also, sometimes a zombie will actually be stuck and not abuse it. I totally agree with disabling it for humans though.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    ZM's need it. When they get stuck which happens more often than humans they need a way out. Perfect example: in rollermine theres a glitch in the map where if you jump down in one of the beginning holes you don't die as a zombie. They need tele to get out. Humans I couldn't care less about. Take it away if its being used for stupid shit. But If someone !ztele's remember they get brought to spawn, so its kinda foolish for them to do it in the first place because all you are doing is ensuring your death.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    Agreed with Grudge. Humans don't need this command, can we restrict this command to Zombies only? I believe on some escape maps there are points where zombies become stuck and require the command to get out
  12. Dec 3, 2011
    Yes, i mean that, would be better nobody could use !ztele, that 'stuck story' is just an excuses to still have it and still be able to abuse it.
    If you are stuck then bad luck, if they keep if only for zombies, then they go start trolling with it.
    Then again a personne will need to complain before actions are taken.
  13. Nov 29, 2010
    As Anathema and I stated, there are still spots on ZE that Zombies can and will get stuck, so what are they going to do without !ztele? stay there for the whole round? Wait for admins to teleport them? Besides, you can't really abuse it if you're a zombie and if you are, you're just being unproductive.
  14. Sep 25, 2010
    Yeah imagine there was only one mother zombie spawn and they got stuck due to map bugs, would you expect that player to just sit there the entire round?
  15. Jan 11, 2012
    There is always a way to abuse any command. I like ztele and won many rounds as humans using it. Zombies aren't that brainless to bind ztele so they can catch that human.
  16. Jul 14, 2008
    If ztele is needed for humans to get unstuck frequently ( I don't believe thats the case) then we can bring back the "Dont use ztele to avoid being turned into a zombie" rule, only this time just the ZE server. We can also restrict it to zombies only which I believe it is the easiest solution (less rule breakers to watch out for).
  17. Jan 28, 2012
    It should remain on both counts. !ztele for a zombie is needed definitely, I cannot teleport anyone anywhere, and zombies that are stuck will not wait 8 minutes for a round to end, they will either kick up a fuss complaining in the text chat, try to insult admins or leave the server completely.

For the humans why does it matter if someone goes back to spawn? If it's an escape map, where the hell are they meant to go? If they !ztele to avoid death, a zombie can quite easily !ztele as well, I will admit that's not the purpose of !ztele but it's just as much as an advantage for a human as it is a zombie. The human !ztele's they will die anyway, whether that's from a zombie or the nuke/explosions at the end.

If a human !ztele's and you get worked up about it you only really care about the stats, that 1 extra kill that means nothing. It should be kept the way it is.

Unless you get rid of !ztele and make sure !zstuck can work for both humans/zombies, I've never tried it on ZE, not sure if that command is in place already for both zombies/humans, if it is then !ztele wouldnt be needed.
  18. Jun 23, 2011
    I think the biggest problem is that it will delay the round I could easily ztele back to spawn as a human then hide and zombies will have to hunt for me and such

I think it should be disabled for humans as well even tho i never seen it abused O.o
  19. Dec 7, 2010
    Originally !ztele was only available for humans until a zombie spawn and zombies were given 3 !ztele opportunities. Since this method was working so well, I am unaware why it was changed.
  20. Feb 18, 2011
    Or you know...you could put the command back to how it was, Humans may ztele until zombies spawn.

Harvey beat me..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.