Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fakest servers ever.

Discussion in The No Count Section started by nyronic, Sep 30, 2012

1. May 17, 2011
    I couldn't believe there would be this many 24/7 map servers all with players in them and no bots. Even going to view info on each of them showed what appeared to be real players(different play times on ALL of them).

I decided to join them. What I found was every single server had 40+ "players". All with various pings, names, steam group tags, and even avatars. On top of this there was a constant stream of "<player name> has connected" every 30 seconds or so. They even had Steam IDs if I typed status in console.

How could there be this many players, in every single one of these servers? I mean, even the unpopular maps had 40+ players.

After spectating for a little bit, it was obvious the majority of them were bots simply based on how they navigated the map and aimed at other "players". I decided to join a team and quickly found out you could hit "E" to take control of a bot on your team if you were dead(much like CS:GO bots).

I'm guessing the server saves the steam id, name, avatar, and steam group of every single player that connects. Followed by having these join randomly at any given time. I wonder how many people this system fools. What a bunch of pointless servers, and whoever made them is a douchebag.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Sounds lame as fuck. Worse than HG servers.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 9, 2012
        This happened already for a long time. The first time I discovered this was on CS:S and it was horibble. In de_dust I went to the tunnel and all of a sudden like 5 CT's came down, I was like ok it's over but they just stood there, taking all their time to aim at me so I could kill them with ease. Only to discover after ards they were doing the same behaviour again, and then I became suspicious. Then I discovered they were bots :confused:

Why bother running such useless servers lol
        • Like Like x 1
        • Oct 17, 2011
          Probably douche servers that just want to show themselves that they are popular with the nb of people.
        • Jun 18, 2012
          Ever played on the C2play.de servers? They got this going on aswell, ussualy about +-10 people playing, the others are bots.
        • May 17, 2011
          ah, this was my first time seeing bots faked as real players to this extent. :/
        • Aug 5, 2012
          Needless too say, it's the exact same shit there.
        • Dec 3, 2011
          You talking about Saigns?? I know the owner personal from that group, they have bots who take over players avatars and random names to make it look like they are players to but they are bots (also there are players on but not always the total value from what its showing in the server list) Also they have a ping to make it look real yet but dont get confused, just ask a simple question ingame and all the people answering are real, the bots cant talk and aim really bad. On that you can see who is a bot and who is not.

Grtz xx
        • Jan 30, 2011
          Rather obvious answer, Purpzz. But I do agree, playing on these types of servers sounds extremely lame; just a way for them to 'get' more players on their servers.
        • Dec 3, 2011
          Also, this is a sort of lame but easy working tricky, he told me the idea behind this and i can tell you, its working :grin:
          He owns Saigns alone, has over 75 servers (for TF2, CSS and CS:GO) and he has over 5.000 premiums accounts, also exist already for 11 - 12 years but lately you see more bots then players on the servers, ohwell, its some times fun to play there and get some skill improvements. (mostly on the DM server :razz:)

I also said to him its pretty lame but genius to get new players to your group, and the proof is made there
        • Feb 14, 2012
          They should really ban severs of tracking services that inflate numbers like that.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Aug 18, 2006
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Dec 2, 2011