Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Fam0 muting without warning

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by teemo, Feb 25, 2016

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2014
    so I remember there being an !sm function for help who people don't want to listen to other people.

Fam0 straight out mutes me for the slightest noise just because he doesn't like me or something I'm not really sure. He didn't even warn me or use the !sm function when nobody else had a problem with it.

You might want to do something because if he is enforcing "mic spam" like this its only gonna drive players away

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dec 17, 2007
      Unfortunately teemo the demo doesn't show enough of the situation. All you see is Fam0 muting you and nothing else before that, the demo is only a couple of seconds in length. I suggest recording the entire round next time so a fair opinion can be developed from the demo
    • Jan 25, 2014
      I just started recording.. so not a lot a can do about that
    • Dec 17, 2007
      So you saying that this happened when you first came into the game?
    • Jan 25, 2014
    • May 31, 2012
      I joined in a bit late. If I recall correctly, teemo made some noises on the mic and I remember fam0 saying over the mic that he was going to be muted if he kept it up. They weren't long, just a few chirps. But honestly @teemo, there wouldn't be problems like this if you would just stop, theres really no point in making obnoxious sounds over the mic.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 25, 2014
        Please remind me why we created the !sm function
      • Sep 14, 2008
        So basically I was there the whole time. Teemo made noises on the mic. Famo told Teemo to stop or he would be muted. Teemo then proceeded to make crying baby noises and then Famo muted him and warned him again and was promptly unmuted. the !sm command you are right is used to self mute a player who is maybe talking on the mic too much or whatever, but when you make random noises over and over you are still breaking server rules and it's classified as mic spam and doesn't mean you should be abusing that just because there is that command.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jan 25, 2014
          Sorry but as you can see in the demo i only used my mic a couple times for what maybe a second or so at a time?
        • Feb 24, 2011
          From what i understand we're supposed to be a bit more lenient with micspam in relation to the addition of !sm. This doesn't nullify the rule completely though. If you kept spamming random noises over and over again (after a warning), even if you did it in short bursts, i wouldn't see the problem with a mute.
          I can't look at the demo within the next 10 hours or so due to work, but from what i'm reading here we don't have much of what happened before the mute.

@Famo

Was there at least a warning by chat?
        • May 31, 2012
          Not that I saw. Then again I wash't there the entire time.
        • Mar 10, 2014
        • Jan 25, 2014
        • Feb 27, 2012
          L 02/25/2016 - 21:49:27: [basecomm.smx] "[pF] famo<47><[U:1:28257752]><>" muted "Haplo<51><[U:1:54480842]><>"
          L 02/25/2016 - 21:49:39: [BaseChatNew.smx] "[pF] famo<47><[U:1:28257752]><>" triggered sm_say (text please stop mic spamming teemo.)
          L 02/25/2016 - 21:49:41: "Haplo<51><[U:1:54480842]><TERRORIST>" say "see you on the forums kid"
          L 02/25/2016 - 21:49:44: "[pF] famo<47><[U:1:28257752]><CT>" say "!unmute haplo"
          L 02/25/2016 - 21:49:44: [basecomm.smx] "[pF] famo<47><[U:1:28257752]><>" unmuted "Haplo<51><[U:1:54480842]><>"

Warning seems to be after he was muted. Was the warning verbal?
        • Sep 14, 2008
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Primarily so players could mute kids or other players they found annoying who weren't actually mic spamming. It wasn't added to excuse legit mic spam.

Seems pretty clear this wasn't abuse. Teemo was warned before the mute, albeit over voice. A warning via chat as well would have been ideal but muting -> warning -> unmuting is fine especially if the situation calls for it. Am I missing anything here?
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • Dec 30, 2006
            Not really. About time we get rid of the stupid bird chirps.
            • Agree Agree x 4
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Jan 25, 2014
              fam0 whined about how i sometimes make noises sometimes so I just made a couple of noises. I think it was 2 or 3 max 1 sec each. I don't think anyone would really consider that mic spam unless it were to continue. That's why the !sm function woulda been best here is what I am getting at.
            • Jul 20, 2010
              So in other words you want people to use !sm and mute you when you mic spam and are breaking a rule because you want to be a child. Got it.

Fam0 didn't abuse his admin and muted then warned you which is an acceptable way to go about when it comes to mic spam depending on the situation. I suggest you stop trying to push buttons and acting like a child.
              • Winner Winner x 2
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.