Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Family Destroyed, What a nitemare.

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Richard420, Feb 5, 2012

1. Dec 2, 2011
    And yes i know i misspelled the title nightmare. wow. Face palm ;D

This is how 2 young boys and their fathers life ended.
    I live in Utah and that's why this is relevant so sorry if it makes you sad. D:

A social worker brought the two boys to Josh Powell's home located at 8119 189th Street Court East Sunday, for what was to be a supervised visit. They rushed toward the home, leaving the social worker behind. By the time she got to the door, Powell had let his sons in but locked her out, Graham Fire and Rescue Chief Gary Franz told The Associated Press.

The social worker called her supervisors to report that she could smell gas, and moments later the home erupted in flames. The social worker, though traumatized, was unharmed in the explosion.

Neighbors had reported hearing an explosion, but Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said the home was destroyed by a fast-moving fire that blew out several windows and was aided by some sort of accelerant. No neighbors reported injuries, and gathered outside the house after the explosion, filming the fire.

Troyer said emails Powell sent just prior to the explosion that authorities were made aware of seemed to confirm that Powell planned the deadly blast. Troyer didn't elaborate on the content of the emails, but said "there is no doubt he did this on purpose" and that "...for it to end this way makes everybody very, very sick."
    Additional Coverage:
    Family, friends react to explosion at Powell home
    Family and friends were in shock Sunday after an explosion at the Washington home of Josh Powell took the lives of him and his two sons, Charlie and Braden.

"We were all looking for a different ending to this, a resolution for this. … It hurts everybody," Troyer said.

Authorities said they found three bodies in the home late Sunday afternoon as fire crews and police continued to search the rubble. Troyer said it appeared some sort of accelerant was used to make the house burn faster. The cause of death is undetermined.

Jeffrey Bassett, who represented Powell in the custody case, said he received the three-word email from his client just minutes before Powell and the two boys died.

The email arrived at 12:05 p.m. Sunday, about 10 minutes before the explosion, but he didn't see it until two hours later, when others told him Josh and the boys had been killed. He said he knew Josh was upset after being ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation recently, but he didn't see this coming.

Susan Powell, a pretty 28-year-old mother of two, was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009, after she failed to show up for her stockbroker job in Utah.

Authorities in the couple's hometown of West Valley City, about 10 miles outside Salt Lake City, quickly turned their attention to Josh Powell. Police have identified him as a "person of interest" in the case, but had repeatedly denied any involvement in her disappearance.

"I would never even hurt her," a tearful, red-eyed Josh Powell told CBS' Early Show in August. "People who know me know that I could never hurt Susan."

About a month later, police spent 12 days in the remote central Utah desert looking for clues, and Josh Powell and his father, Steven, quickly disappeared from the limelight. The search area around Topaz Mountain, a popular spot for rock and gem hunters, was about 30 miles south of where Josh told police he went camping with his two children in the hours before his wife's disappearance - his steadfast alibi.

On Sunday, the lawyer for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told the AP the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night their mother vanished.

Link to Ksl News page.http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19132089&title=josh-powell-2-sons-killed-in-house-explosion&s_cid=featured-1
  2. Feb 18, 2011
  3. Dec 2, 2011
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    Since I don't believe in hell I don't believe he should rot in it. If he is responsible then life in prison would seem fair.
  5. Dec 2, 2011
    he blew him self up with his kids.. Prison no option.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    So that was the part I skipped. Plenty of parents/kids do this to their families, a lot of it isn't even reported. A woman I knew drove her car into a river after her husband left her with three kids on board. Only one of the kids survived.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    Well i'm no rocket scientist, but i believe that dinosaurs came back from the dead to kill these men, and then jesus tripped on the cat and ran into a wall and got knocked out cold while Elvis sang the blues.

Elvis also won the lottery, but only bought a ham sandwich.
  8. Dec 2, 2011
  9. Jul 23, 2010
  10. Jun 10, 2011
    They just mean they don't know if it was the smoke, the flames, or if he killed them before setting the fire you sarcastic bastard :razz:

Guessing there wasn't much left of 'em.

Unfortunately you hear stories like this all the time, psychos who consider their children to be part of them, their property, so think that killing them is merely part of their own suicide. It's disgusting. If you no longer wish to be on this Earth, just kill yourself, or become an astronaut, just leave the innocent out of it.
  11. Mar 12, 2008
    Hey you don't know if that happened or not

YOU CAN'T PROVE IT
  12. Feb 18, 2011
  13. Sep 21, 2008

Just saying.
  14. Dec 30, 2011
    It's obvious he's responsible, the proof is overwhelming.

If there is a hell, he will most definitely rot in it
  15. Dec 2, 2011
    I don't know what you would like me to prove to you but. Idc

Posted a line about it, Thanks for noticing the baby stuff in prison. lol

EmT jake i must agree with you the proof is overwhelming and that he has his own seat next to Hitler and Jane Fonda.