Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

fapescape

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by retslag1, Sep 14, 2013

1. Feb 21, 2007
    It was recently brought to my attention, that some players feel that an extra extend is needed to beat the map.

Wanted to get people's thoughts on this? Can the map be beaten in the given time frame (2 extends)?
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    I don't know if an extra extend is enough :sarcastic:
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    who said that we needed 3 extends to beat the map?

well, the map does have 6 levels, but level 1-3 can be steamrolled easily. (albeit still hard when we have a less than average crowd skill). if the crowd can't steamroll through level 1-3, extreme would bring a lot of problems and not even 3 extends would help, lol.

Extreme 1 is harder than Extreme 2 imo because it has more holds and we have to defend zombies while fighting the evil robot while you don't have to take care of zombies while fighting the lip boss at Ex 2.
    I wouldn't say 3 extends are needed, but 2 extends are just sufficient (2 extends will not allow room for much failure if you want to get to extreme 3).
    iProbie, Sep 14, 2013 Last edited by iProbie, Sep 14, 2013
  4. Aug 12, 2012
    we can test it out and see how it goes, but that last boss and holding off zombies going to be tough to beat
  5. Feb 21, 2007
    moved so more people might see this thread and obtain more opinions
  6. Sep 9, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 23, 2010
      Yes for extend. Depending on who is on and what map, most players would love to extend it, well at least for some of the maps I seen.
    • Apr 12, 2012

Btw, other maps that could really benefit from a 3rd extend are westersand and lila_panic
    • Apr 4, 2013
      I personally think it's an issue that 90% of the time wouldn't be solved with an extra extend option. Can the players on the server at the time actually beat all six levels? If they cant with the current option of two extends chances are that an extra extend won't really change if we give them another one. I'd be down to test it out though to see if anything changes, although I doubt it really will.
    • May 31, 2012
      I think if we let this by for one map then this will be becomes the precedent case for other maps if players struggle to beat them. I'm against and like having a good flow of map changes to keep things exciting.
    • Aug 7, 2012
      an extra extend does seem required for this map to be run through to completion :/
    • Apr 4, 2013
      Hate to be cliche, but "this". We do it for one map and it would likely start the standard of "Oh, UT2004_Convoy (or something like that) is way too hard to beat with two extensions, can we get a third?". I do not believe it's a matter of time frame, but the people on the server. If we could not get past level two with two extensions what makes you think we will with a third without some stroke of luck?
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 12, 2012
        The difference is UT2004 has 3 levels (4 maybe?), fapescape has 6.
      • Apr 4, 2013
        You're missing my point here Andrew. Essentially what I'm saying is, is that if a group of players lack the skill to beat fapescape on level four or five with two extensions, can they really beat it with a third? I'm going to guess no.
      • Apr 1, 2012
        like I said, level 1-3 can be easily steamrolled through with a decent crowd. however, each level takes 5-6 minutes to go through, so give or take, you can finish level 1-3 in 20 minutes assuming a clean sweep.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Mar 20, 2012
          minas has 8 levels and you can do it with 2 extends...
          Fapescape is a difficult map on extreme, but 2extends should be still enough because players are just rushing the first 3 levels like iprobie said, so they already have 2 extends on extreme. If they arent able to rush the first 3 levels, they are too bad anyway.
        • Aug 12, 2012
          when I was there for the times we got to level 6, we had like only one or two tries fighting the boss. Beside that we keep failing at the first door lol
        • Apr 3, 2013
          Except on Minas, there aren't bosses that kill half of the team and requires immense teamwork to win.

But I think we should have @Kim and/or @Päss opinion on this.
        • May 30, 2012
          The map is large, contains 3 levels and 2 difficult and extreme is very hard if the team isn't concentrated enough in their work/progress in the map, i have seen couple of times that a nice teams on pF have made it to the last boss but always with like no time left at all, i really think it's up to the community on PlagueFest if the map needs an extra extend, not really mine either Päss...

Anyways here is a video from Doctor where the boss gets beaten in last round

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaSVgqQOp8M

(Boss's ragemode was glitched in v1)

Minas and Fapescape are far from being close to each other,
          as Kloud said, do this map contains lot of bosses which also is an edge to the fail.
        • Feb 21, 2007
          Keep in mind, with the current setup, players have about 72 minutes (with all extends) to beat the map. This is quite a long time for a map to be on the server, and the decision to give an extra extend should not be taken lightly.
          • Agree Agree x 1