Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fastswitch

Discussion in Introductions started by Fastswitch, Mar 26, 2012

1. Mar 15, 2012

After hearing on the Steam forums that pF is planing to start one of the first Zombie Mod servers for CS:GO, i decided to register on the forums.
    I have played on one of your CS:S servers a long long time ago, no idea, about 3 years ago maybe already.
    Well, a bit about myself. My ingame name is Fastswitch, i´m half American, half German, i´ve been playing Counter-Strike since 2002, also joined Steam in the first public week back in September 2003 and been playing all CS from 1.5 till CS:S except CZ.

My favourite games are the Counter-Strike series, almost all CoD´s and of corse all the classic games, at the moment i´m on a GTA Vice City trip again, kind of a flashback :smile:

Well, i´ve been leading several communitys since 2005. Also, i am a fanatic level designer, i love to create maps, especially for CS:S ZM. Some of you may know a few zm maps with an "fastswitch" in the map name. At the moment, i am working on several custom CS:GO maps.

Currently i´m playing CS:GO, got invited to the beta about 6 weeks ago and realy enjoy the game, even though its still in beta, it´s a pretty awesome game.

So, i hope i could give a little detail of myself and i am looking forward to the CS:GO time with all of you :smile:

Cheers, Fastswitch
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Jul 28, 2011
      Welcome, I think I've seen you on gamebanana before :grin:
    • Sep 30, 2011
      Careful, most of the people here are gay.
    • Sep 26, 2010
    • Mar 15, 2012
      Well, can i find any anti-straight categories on these forums?
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Mar 15, 2012
      To be honest, i have no clue who posted that. But i remember someone was writing about pF planing to run a CS:GO zm server. The mod isn´t public yet though
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Valve still hasn't released an SDK, so that's our hold up.
    • Mar 15, 2012
      Shall be released together with the full game. Fortunately, mapping doesnt require the new SDK.

Btw, a newbie question. What does "Plague Fest" exactly mean and how do you pronounce it? Sounds a bit french to me imo, something like "plasho fest" :smile:
    • Oct 27, 2010
    • May 15, 2011
      A plague is a disease and fest is like gang bang. So we're a group of fucked up diseased people. I think?

Anyways, welcome to the forums and the community. I don't recall seeing you on Banana, I'll have to look you up. ^^
    • Mar 15, 2012
      Well, that does make sence. But do you always write in pink? Well, you´re name is Pinkie Pie, fair enough.
      Just search for "fastswitch" on gamebanana. Don´t know if i am allowed to post links here.
    • May 15, 2011
      Yes, I always type pink. It's like cheese wiz, it adds personality. And yes, you are allowed to post links here.
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Welcome kind sir, you pronounce plague as PLAYg btw :]. Glad to have another skilled mapper, aged cs player with the team, I have been playing since 1.5 myself.
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Aug 1, 2011
        Welcome to pF. Hope to see you join us fellow MGers.
      • Sep 22, 2010
      • Jun 4, 2006
        A helpful tip with post colors here (as some of our members like to be eye-rapingly colorful), you can disable them in your preferences: http://plaguefest.com/wiki/plaguefest-com/#can-i-disable-bright-annoying-text-colors-in-posts
        ^ It only affects colors that are deemed 'too bright', so Pinky Pie's pink is actually unaffected as it's below the threshold, but you'll see other colors on here far worse, so beware.

Also you can hear a pronunciation of plague here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plague - we're called Plague Fest since we were originally just a zombie mod server, the plague being the zombie infection and well, it's a fest since we're all engaged in a common activity - surviving the horde / fighting it, or infecting others depending what side you're on.

Welcome!
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Mar 15, 2012

Thanks to everyone else, too :smile: See you ingame