Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Feature to become a zombie.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Orange, Apr 28, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 8, 2013
    And again, as Kyle suggested... Becoming a zombie as a feature (as a choice), rather than having to go to spec, then become a zombie after rejoining. What you guys think? Again, this is for ZM, not for ZE.
  2. Peter
    This message by Peter has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Apr 28, 2013, Reason: this is helpful.
    Apr 28, 2013
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    How about we allow suicides on ZM before the zombies spawn like deto suggested on the last thread you made.

possible?
  4. Jan 11, 2012
    And again Zombie Mod is about being CT and then try to avoid of getting infected. Since zombie inflate does not count for zm just get stabbed and your problem is solved.
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Feb 8, 2013
      and if you get get stabbed purposefully and go stab someone else, that is considered griefing.
    • Jan 11, 2012
      Not if you stay outside at the spawns, duuh.
      That's where you want to get infected..
    • Feb 8, 2013
      so you're asking me to possibly have to wait to have someone come over and stab me, and not just instantly turn and go hunt for humans? I don't like that idea.
    • Jan 11, 2012
      Well it doesn't matter what you like or not. What counts is what is the best for the community.
      Also if you stay at spawn you get stabbed immediately
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Seriously, why can't you just let the game mod run by itself and letting it select players based on the ratio we have predefined?
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Feb 8, 2013
        That's because I enjoy playing zombie a lot more than playing human. I don't understand why I am restrained from having fun my way. All this to try and become a zombie. Not understanding the complications.
      • May 27, 2008
        Then don't play at all? No one is asking you to wait, why don't you shoot around and I can assure you someone will be more than happy to pop right up and take care of that. I don't know why it irks you so much that you really want to be a zombie, but make little to no effort to actually go out and just get stabbed. I don't like the idea of someone having to code in an easy-mode button and catering it to your needs and not the general population.
        • Agree Agree x 4
        • Sep 22, 2010
          Why do you say you are being restrained when you have other methods of becoming a zombie instead of taking advantage of your admin privileges for this?
        • Dec 30, 2006
          I don't care if you want to play as zombie or as human. The main purpose of sm_spec is not used for this purpose period. There may be loopholes and other ropes that you can take advantage of.... then sure whatever.

The bottom line is, no admin commands unless used for a logical reason that helps and benefits the community. We have already given you certain perks, please don't make us remove it.
          • Agree Agree x 8
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I have kind of explained why disconnecting and rejoining is a problem for me. If anyone can help me, I get "hl2.exe has stopped working" about every time I disconnect, and then it closes me out of CSS.
          • Jan 11, 2012
            Being zombie includes that you either be start zombie or die, so it would be avoid of getting killed (correct me if I'm wrong in this)
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Heaven forbid an admin commands finds another useful purpose than what was originally intended.

Let's make it against the rules for admins to beacon themselves because it gives them the advantage of potentially getting more kills.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Dec 30, 2006
              Wow really. All this commotion is brought up because using sm_spec is easier to meet your goal while the other longer loophole causes your game to crash? Seriously, this is not what admin commands are even used for.

Best solution, Uninstall CSS. You can decide what you want to do from there to solve your problem.
              Post Merged, Apr 28, 2013
              Beacon does not upset the balance of humans vs zombies purposely. Other zombies must work to achieve infection of humans, beacon only helps them to do this faster by zoning into the human. It does not directly add another person who is a zombie right at the beginning of the round.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Feb 8, 2013
                Uninstalling CSS would help me get rid of that problem?
              • Dec 30, 2006
                Reinstalling it, but I did not recommend this to you. Of course uninstalling it would solve your grieving problem of "why can't I just become a zombie because I wanna woulda shoulda."
              • Jan 11, 2012
                Reconnect is still against the rules since you avoid the needed kill to turn into a zombie unless you are the starter.
              • Oct 13, 2011
                Well, I disagree. If you want to play as a zombie just get infected.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.