Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

[Feb 15, 2014] ZE Event - 3 Map Mayhem

Discussion in Events started by GANGSTALICIOUS, Jan 26, 2014

You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
ZE Event - 3 Map Mayhem
Zombie Escape
ze.plaguefest.com
Confirmed Attendees: 11
Start Date: Feb 15, 2014 07:00 PM
End Date: Feb 15, 2014 09:00 PM
Time zone: America/New_York -05:00 EST
  1. Feb 11, 2012

What? What I am going for now is a 3 map event starting with Kraznov Poopata, Luffaren's recent map Infiltration_redux, and the last one will be Antartika.

Why? I've been wanting to set up an event for the past long while, but since the random spur of events I haven't been able to. So better take my chance while I have one. I chose this particular weekend because on Feb 11th will be 2 years since I've been on the lovely forums of PlagueFest but since that is on a Tuesday, I chose the Saturday which is the 15th. Which is also @MF JEFF birthday you fat cow.

Date & Time: Saturday, February 15th, 2014. I'm gonna shoot for a 7:00pm start. (EST). It's gonna be from 7-9pm so 2 hours.

Rules:
    Server-based rules apply, here are some additional rules for this event:
    • Don't need everyone on the mic at once. Will mute players giving unnecessary commands over the mic.
    • If spectating, do not go AFK for an extended period of time or just sit there and complain. Let the players who want to play join in. (I'm going to ask permission to kick specs that are noticeably AFK.)
    • Do not give troll commands. If you have nothing useful to contribute on the mic then don't use it. The first point will apply if this happens.
    • Follow all other ZE rules and;
    • Don't be a bitch.

Rewards:
    • 3 $10/2 Month Donator
    • $40 Game (To the player of my choice who presents the best teamplay and best defending overall)
    The 3 players for Donator will also be chosen by me or if anyone is willing to help out for this aspect it would be nice as I am expecting to play myself so the rewards will be given to such players based off their gameplay through my POV.
    Note: I will only give out the $40 game if all 3 maps are won. Good luck.

What I'm Looking For:
    • For one, I'm not looking for those who try "too" hard for these rewards might not find themselves on the winning podium. Only because when we have 5+ people trying to be the better leader on the mic, it never works out and usually gets a negative answer.
    • Defending/Covering your team (leaving them behind is not an option),
    • Giving good tips (I seem to remember names of people who randomly throw out good tips in-game)(Includes both mic and chat),
    • Less-Known players who are generally doing well. (Hopefully there are a couple out there, I'm sure there is)
    • Lastly, Fun. Just try to have fucking fun.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
      GANGSTALICIOUS, Jan 26, 2014 Last edited by GANGSTALICIOUS, Feb 8, 2014
    • Apr 1, 2012
      -any of Enviolinador's maps
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Apr 28, 2013
        I would suggest Christmas Infection or Industrial Dejavu because of pf not really playing it as much and most ppl not knowing the map. However, pf already has beat those two maps before. However, if we should do a map in red, then we should do convoy or lila panic escape. There was a time when we made it to stage 7.
      • Aug 12, 2012
        Actually we got to stage 7 in Lila yesterday and didn't extend sadly..

I said let do Taboo, I know for sure we can win it this time. (actually I like to beat lila panic also). Oh it on a Saturday, dam I always work on that day.. will see
        =PFNC= BlackDragon****, Jan 26, 2014 Last edited by BlackDragon****, Jan 26, 2014
      • Apr 1, 2012
        donor gifts are not that viable imo because the server's gonna have 58 donors and 6 admins in it during the event.

let's give something that's more viable, such as "hugs and kisses" or "a warm round of applause"
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Feb 11, 2012
          What I can do is hold on to the donor gift until they want it or when their donor runs out.
        • May 31, 2012
          I wouldn't recommend doing an event for Taboo again, gotta fix the wack. I don't think Kraznov is a good map for an event either, once it's won it's over. It'd probably be meh to play either one of those.
        • Feb 11, 2012
          I knew this before hand that Taboo needed some fixes on it but it's still beatable and kraznov is derp in a good way and I'm not even sure how we would do at the end where you have to land in the white squares I think, as far as I know we haven't reached that far and is it even beatable? I just felt like putting up these 2 cuz taboo is a map I like to play and kraznov is pretty fun so why not.
          Of course I'm always open to putting more options. I was thinking about your post throughout the course of the day (lol it actually crossed my mind at work a few times, anything to make the time go by at this shithole of a place I work xD). Maybe lila panic, deja vu or christmas infection as Hydreigon suggested.
          Even though you recommended these maps shouldn't be played as an event, I still feel they could be. That's just my opinion though as a player. Not sure if your judgement is a bit altered because your creator of the maps and secretly want us to not beat all your maps xD but I'll take your judgement and take in more options then update the poll.
          I still want this event to happen even if it means changing up the 2 maps I wanted :frown: but so be it lol
        • Nov 17, 2012
          • Funny Funny x 2
          • Aug 12, 2012
            let's try to beat antartika, it's a good map
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 11, 2012
            • May 31, 2012
              How about, if Luff gets his infiltration redux done and I do a new map before/soon (I'm on it already), it is a 2-map event? Or even 3 map, including Kraznov. Saying this because Luff is aiming for a difficult map but (I believe) it'd be one level only, just as my new map; if that was the case, it could be 2-3 hardish maps.

EDIT: Of course Luff should say if he's OK with that, too.

EDIT2: Just saw Luff released b1.
            • Apr 28, 2013
              Stop working on new maps and get paper final done already pls.
            • Feb 11, 2012
              Please read ^_^
            • Jan 1, 2013
              I am fine with any of the maps from @enviolinador as long as its looooong and haaaaard hurrdurr
            • May 31, 2012

I'll still try to do doo-dah the new map. Soon.
            • Jan 1, 2013
            • Feb 11, 2012
            • Apr 1, 2012
              Antartika???? Did someone say antartika????