Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ferguson "Protests"

Discussion in In The News started by Brovalone, Nov 24, 2014

1. Jun 20, 2013

Those who know. Who really, really, really, know...know.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Jun 19, 2013
    • Feb 27, 2012
    • Nov 29, 2010
      Kid attacks police officer inside of his cruiser, went for officer's gun.

Officer defends self, lights kid up, kid dies.

Officer not indicted for actions, shitstorm ensues.

It's like America fuckin' thinks the criminal justice system is a popularity contest, what a bunch of fucking idiots.

Justice for Brown eh? Yeah, let's ruin local businesses and destroy police property because of he fact this kid got shot for attacking a police officer.
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Feb 25, 2014
        This is just the same as the black Piet discussion in Holland, blown out of proportions, some people just make a big fuss and how injustice it might seem there is always more to it then then bigger crowd can tell, I wonder what would have happened if it was a white kid being shot by a black cop.
      • May 15, 2011
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Nobody really knows what happened. There are tons of stories, 2 most popular being the one you stated, and the other being that he was standing still with his hands up and the officer just shot him. Which one is true that, and that you can back up? Apparently there is a video out there somewhere of the shooting, but i haven't been able to find it.
        • Dec 17, 2007
          if there was a video of the shooting, you wouldn't have to look for it, it would be all over every where, it doesn't exist.

I'm just getting sick and tired of the media and everyone else calling this guy a teenager, yea granted you spell 18 with "teen" in it, how ever last time I check, every state in America by the time you reach age 18, you are expected to think, make decisions, and act like an adult, bc you are an adult.

the media here in America are horrible and exaggerates useless details, just to try to get ratings.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Jul 8, 2012
            As someone who is studying media related fields (Communication Technology w/ Audio and Video Production) this is what annoys me the absolute most. I wish they would report on things that would matter, not trying promote who has the biggest dick.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Nov 29, 2010
              Welcome to the internet where everyone on here has a degree in law.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Jul 8, 2012
              • Jun 11, 2012
                I have a degree in poopology. I basically graduate every night.
                • Funny Funny x 3
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Winner Winner x 1
                • Feb 25, 2014
                  They earn much money on you then on the poop&fart university.
                • Dec 27, 2013
                • Jul 1, 2010
                  What we do know is that the witnesses contradicted the hell out of each other and then proceeded to contradict themselves upon being questioned twice. Physical evidence points to some of what Clam is saying, and they have acknowledged (IIRC) that part of the confrontation took place while the officer was in the cruiser. I can't remember how much evidence they went over and the grand jury is the only one that has seen all of it. I don't think everything will come out from the grand jury since it is a sealed and confidential process.

Probable cause is needed for a "true bill" in order for a case to move forward.. which is a fairly high burden of proof.. and IMO the witness testimony itself is enough to fail that burden when there isn't physical evidence to the contrary.

Most of our arrests and charges in the criminal justice system come from eye witness testimony, people don't usually get charged based on crime scene forensic evidence. Forensic evidence is usually used to back up everything else in court.

Dharkk, Nov 25, 2014 Last edited by Dharkk, Nov 25, 2014
                • May 31, 2012
                  I feel like this movie is very related to the topic:

[IMG]

(regarding media).

I'm not in the mood to spill my opinions on this specific case.
                • Jul 20, 2010
                  Taking bets on how many more business will be burned down tonight. I think another 20, and probably 100 arrests.

Also this is a good example of how the current generation wants to disregard rules of law, and claims that if the ruling isn't in their favor its automatically racist and then proceed to loot and destroy their own community. Guess who gets to pay for that, Tax payers.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Oct 11, 2012
                    Which more than likely the people doing the rioting/violence are not tax payers. (except on maybe some sales tax assuming they don't steal everything they own).