Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

File Uploading Site

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Ghost, Apr 18, 2012

Useful?

Yes 2 vote(s) 28.6%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Bananas? 5 vote(s) 71.4%
  1. May 14, 2011
    I have recently found a new way to upload your map/file for a beta test. Its very easy as you install it onto your pc and you get a folder. You just drag and drop into it a voila.

Just follow this link for more details: https://www.dropbox.com/

You start off with 2GB storage and it builds up.

You can even share a folder between computers so its extremely easy to send each other files even when the other person isnt online!

Try it out its free. You can even access files on apple or andriod phones!
    • Useful Useful x 1
      Ghost, Apr 18, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, Apr 18, 2012
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Referral links are against the rules. If you want to show dropbox off, link directly to it. https://www.dropbox.com/

Your post has been edited. Please review spam & links. http://plaguefest.com/rules/

While we're on the subject there are many free uploading sites that offer decent services for map uploads and other. Dropbox, mediafire, sendspace, et cetera. Avoid any that have premium options and force you to wait. I know mediafire/sendspace do but you don't have to wait to DL free files & the speed is adequate. I'm sure others know of better services, I'm pretty used to having all my own shit for my upload needs.
    • May 14, 2011
      Sorry, i don't see the rule. Good uploading site all the same. Use it.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      do u have to download it? I tend to not want to download misc things i will only use occasionally
    • Jun 4, 2006
      It's a piece of software that syncs your file uploads from a folder on your computer. So yes you do have to download it (if you want to use the auto-sync / upload status etc without having to visit a site of course). Some people use it just as their own little personal upload storage unit, as it makes it easy for them to do so and share files with friends and keep track of files they uploaded.
    • May 14, 2011
      You don't have to but it becomes very useful when you do because its literally drag and drop. Its a one of those in the bottom bar things anyway. Just stays on quietly. You can use it as a website with all the same features though.
    • May 14, 2011
      You can drag and drop onto the webpage. :razz: in case you didnt realise.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      I haven't used dropbox in ages, this is all new shit.
    • May 14, 2011
      hence the post. I released how useful it was when it almost hit first place in the play store. It amazing now.
    • May 15, 2011
      Everyone should use Dropbox. I use it almost daily to share maps/photo's/textures and anything really. It's an amazing tool and very easy to use. It's small and it's just a quick download. Also, if you refer others to use Dropbox, you get extra space. So I highly recommend getting it and sharing it with your family/friends.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Dropbox is neat. Since I am using a borrowed laptop, I save all my important stuff into DB (all my ponissss). It earns my stamp of approval. Also useful for sharing with friends. Like ponies.