Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Filezilla server

Discussion in Technical Support started by Synopsis, Jun 29, 2012

1. May 28, 2012
    Why won't it work when i have it on an open port and its running?
  2. Mar 19, 2012

Solved: http://bit.ly/LWrTBh
    jookbob, Jun 29, 2012 Last edited by jookbob, Jun 29, 2012
  3. Feb 14, 2012
    There is no such thing as a filezilla server. You mean you started an FTP service on a computer and you wish to connect to it with the Filezilla client? If so make sure your server has an open port in it's firewall for FTP and make sure the client can ping the FTP server. Also double check to make sure the FTP service is running. It would help to know what OS you're using to run the FTP server.
  4. May 14, 2011
    You need to explain yourself better. :smile:
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Firewall, make sure it allows incoming connections.

EDIT:

Give us your operating system and your firewall that you are running.
  6. Apr 9, 2007
  7. May 14, 2011
  8. May 15, 2011
  9. May 28, 2012
    OMG, i am trying to run an FTP NOT THE FUCKING CLIENT. HOLY SHIT. I SAID FILEZILLA SERVER. When i use it on open ports, it won't allow people to connect, but when i use those same ports for a l4d2 server, it works fine and ppl can connect.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      A filezilla server can imply you are trying to connect to a server...

Now we understand. Don't get angry at us, we are trying to help. Spend more time on your thread next time if you want correct help immediately...
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Nov 11, 2011
        He did say server in his original post...
      • May 14, 2011
        No he didn't, it says server in his title...
      • May 28, 2012
        Sorry for the caps, i wasn't mad at you, and i just woke up. let me re-type my problem

I am trying to host an FTP server. When i run it on clearly open ports and the server is active, it won't allow external connections to come in. I have used the same ports on a l4d2 server to check. People could connect there. Why can't they connect to the FTP. Does it have to run on port 21? or can it be any port thats not in use? Things like that.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I know my ISP filters ports incoming 20-23,25 53, 80, 443, and a few other ports. Besides that, if you've port forwarded 21, I don't know.

Don't get mad at those who are trying to help you, otherwise you may find the help disappears.
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • May 28, 2012
            I have ports 9987, 27016, and 27015 open. Will it work on those?
          • May 31, 2012
            you can open port 21/tcp and 21/udp, that could fix it. Setting the port to something like 27015 can work too.
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Mar 20, 2011
              What we need is your IP so someone, like myself can telnet to the port/s you have opened and see if they are accessible from the outside WAN. You need to make sure you properly port forwarded the ports to your internal private IP. Also make sure your host is set to a static IP outside your DHCP scope on your router and or you have it in the DHCP exclusion list. If we cannot telnet to that port then your ISP is blocking that port, or you do not have port forwarding setup right, or lastly, you need to make sure you make firewall exception rules on your computer for the FTP server and ports.
            • May 28, 2012
              Odd... well, im not giving you my ip. I know they are open, just not 21/20
            • Mar 20, 2011
              Well dude, how are people going to connect to your ftp without knowing what the IP is? Facepalm...