Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Final Fantasy 13

Discussion in Gaming started by ORLY!?!, Mar 15, 2010

1. Sep 7, 2008
    I'm getting tired of these FF nerds ranting endlessly about these new games. What has been said on gamefaqs is that its too linear, whatever the hell that means. In reality it isnt and is extremly fast paced, grind and tactical. I guess the nerds like to make points, so do I.

Whatever you're preaching about, not every FF game is going to be like 7, so get over it. Thats beauty of this series, each one is different and special on its own. I agree that the materia system of 7 was the best, but having each game like that would get old fast. I suppose this company would be out of buisness if not for keeping things fresh and new, point made. Secondly, you've already shelled out the 60 plus and change to get this game, then you rant about the game not the price, point made. Lastly, having these new FF's games to the series is good enough for me, just to see the creative side of square.

This game overall is fantastic. The grathics, fighting mode and story line are up to par with the FF series. And thats all there should be to these games.

A few things I dont like about it, one, I got this for the Xbox 360 which comes with three discs. Another is the rampant uses of a few choice words repeated through the story line. Its like ok ok I get, talk about something else. Also I rather have the fighting mod be like 12, where you can freely run away from enemies and / or preamtive strike nearly 100% of the time. And thats about it, overall it deserves its 4 out 5 stars.
  2. Jul 5, 2008
    too linear meaning its like one big line, final fantasy 1-9 all have severely open world environments which you are free to explore, since ff x they have been just making it one set path straight through the game... so its not that they are not like ff7, they are now not like ff 1-9... so they kinda have thrown one of the main aspects of the series away..

its still possible to have a good game, but making a linear game compared to an open world game usually doesn't amerce you in the world the game is trying to have you believe your playing in.

this change usually helps to signal game developers lack of dedication to the title, treating it more like a product instead of a work of art. but hey, it is a business after all.
  3. Mar 16, 2008
    i'm waiting on XIV which will be soon :grin:
  4. Jan 13, 2010
    Oh lord, nice rant. I lost track of this series long ago.
  5. Sep 7, 2008
    Oh i understand what linear meant, I was being a sarcastic ass.

And I know what your saying. This game is pretty much a stright line to your final desination, but perhaps its for the best. I can recall how extenstively long 12 was. This making it hard to know where to go and what to do. They are making these new FF so epically long nowadays. Ive heard the story line in this game is about 25 hours. But hearing from a few gamer friends at work, its even longer then that.

Well as in art the game is stunningly beautiful. And as I said before, each FF game should be completely different, starting from scratch. To keep things fresh. Square, from 12, has started with a new set of employees for creative differences. Its well worth the wait to see whats up and comeing for the series.

Im sure thats probably out already in Japan, they get all the good stuff years ahead of anybody.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    They're still making these? I stopped playing it after they switched to PS1 and couldn't use my floppy drive anymore :frown:
  8. Jan 13, 2010
    Floppy drive FF lul? I don't remember this.
  9. Aug 8, 2008
    Let's say I want to get into this game, idealy I'd need to start from FF1 to ff13, how many game systems would I need to buy?
  10. Jul 5, 2008
    each game has a fully seperate game and story, they take place in different worlds.. theres no crossover
  11. Apr 4, 2009
    I like FF13 more then FF12 but I still like the fully turn based better.
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    NES
    SNES
    PS1
    PS2
    PS3

I'm sure you're more than capable of finding the roms yourself. (The answer to your question is 1 game system.)
  13. Jun 7, 2008
    Dont forget the many incarnations of Final Fantasy Tactics. also just buy a psp and ds emulate the roms from there, + some old ones were rereleased in the psp and DS
  14. Sep 21, 2008
    Likewise. FFX is/was a great game. Also, I have FFX2 but its not my kind of game so I don't play it.
  15. Jun 7, 2008
  16. Dec 20, 2008
    You can't argue that the game is not linear -- it is. That doesn't make it bad though.

I like it a lot.
  17. Jun 29, 2008
    the last ff game I played before this was ffx, and I lost my ps2 memory card so I couldn't finish the game. I borrowed my friends ffxiii but I don't really like the new battle system for some reason...