Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Finally decided to play CS:S for an hour or so, and Steam FUCKS me over.

Discussion in Help Desk started by NightFury, Sep 13, 2011

1. Nov 2, 2010
    So I decided to play CS:S for an hour or so again. Big woop wanna fight about it?
    NO but really, now when I start Steam. It loads up n shit, and then disappears. I had this problem a while ago, now it's back. WTF do I do??

Gonna restart now. See if that helps. (Did nothing).

Okay I am out of ideas, so I am gonna go play some Deus Ex and ill be back tomorrow I suppose, I am free for anyone who knows wtf is going on. Thanks!
  2. Aug 19, 2011
    have you deleted the clientregistry.blob file in the steam installation folder? That simple answer solves like 99.9% of steam problems.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
  4. Mar 25, 2011
    The game resolution is probably set higher than your screen resolution, start the game in safe mode.
  5. Nov 2, 2010
    And thanks Brian, couldn't be screwed finding the right place lol.
    You mean compatibility mode?

Lol now when I try to connect to MC servers (that do work..), it says: Connection lost, Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read time out?

& Connection lost, End of Stream... Maybe MC is updating or some shit?
  6. Mar 25, 2011
    Not steam, CS:S, go into the launch options and put something along the lines of "-safe" or "-safe mode" (no quotation marks).
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    I don't think you heard me. I can't get into Steam. The Loggin into screen disappears and that's it. I am going to uninstall now. See if that fixes it.
  8. Nov 2, 2010
    Uninstalling works. But only until I quit steam, then it won't open again. Any clues?
  9. Oct 29, 2010

I simply started steam and logged back in again.

Can Steam start again for you?