Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fire during spectate

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Joshy, Jul 5, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2012
    If you are on fire during or switch to spectate, everyone can see it and it even burns the players if you are spectating them.

[IMG]

This is a problem because if I am playing as a zombie and get caught on fire from a grenade etc., then have the need to switch to spectate ie. watch a player then everyone knows and even the player gets burned.
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    Haha, I must say that is a funny bug, good to troll the entire server. This should be an emergency fix, because I can see many troll exploits there
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    I can't find this anywhere on the Website :dontknow:
  4. Nov 11, 2011
    :hammer: While I can't reproduce this at all on the website (seriously, I've tried setting fire to everything), I could ingame. This should be fixed.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Mar 26, 2012
      I thought it was only you who can see the fire. Happens to me frequently also. It has been happening for awhile.
    • Jul 23, 2012
      I told @Detonator about this. He said it's when people do !spec @me.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Yes, this is self inflicted, and not a problem if you're a careful admin. Why people insist on getting hit by napalm, then immediately going to spectate is beyond me.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Nov 17, 2012
        Happens on a lot of servers, when you're on fire and you die and go to spectate, either CT or T. xD
      • Sep 25, 2010
        This can be fixed by fixing this, which can be fixed by updating our napalm fix version to the 1.0.2 version(or at least I think so considering we have version 1.0.1). Linky!

EDIT:> Well the fire will still show up like that.
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Jun 23, 2013
          Just rejoin the server. I Think it will help.
        • Apr 24, 2012
          Setting yourself on fire then going into spectate is a fun trick but you are not allowed spec other players while on fire.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          The only thing that comes to mind is badmins.

If I see anyone do this i'll flip a righteous shit. This is an easy way to get rid of the useful @spec, so instead of letting someone ruin it for the rest of us, i'll ruin whoever is attempting to troll with it.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          Well, Jeezery did this to me two days ago... but it should be fixed now, so I'm rather confused about the post chatter...
        • Mar 12, 2008
          :shrug:

I'm also surprised jeezery hasn't suffered your wrath.
        • May 31, 2012
          Nobody should be setting themselves on fire at all unless for admin-related use :doh: (there are very *few* and rare reasons I could think of)

I switch to spectate often if I see suspicious activity ie. player bhopping. It's just my luck sometimes - and it looks like Aprz agrees with me - that we are Ts and a CT tosses a grenade towards us. Another concern is if the player we are spectating might think we are abusing them.

Okay if this has been brought up in the past is no problem I think this sufficient enough to lock the thread since it wont advance towards any change.
        • Apr 9, 2007
        • May 31, 2012
          Oh wait my bad, I wasn't aware of the fix (I'm believing what Detonator provided?). I haven't tried so I don't know.
        • Jun 23, 2010
          That have been there for a while, since I started pF. Just burn yourself (Set the burn timer high) and just go to spec. To remove it, just wait till the burn timer is up or rejoin the server. It doesn't affect anything, beside visual effect last time I remember. So the spec that is specing another living player in the game, won't be damage or slowed.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          That's unrelated to your bug, and is only relevant to another bug. (Which I fixed when Mario made his thread.)
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.