Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fire Spread

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by N B K, Oct 30, 2011

1. Mar 19, 2011
    So I've noticed that Fire from A Napalm Grenade tends to spread to zombies that aren't affected by running next to other Zombies that are lit on fire. It does also happen to affect Humans that try to run past lit zombies as well causing them to be slowed down. I was just posting this as I wasn't sure it has been discussed before. Hopefully this issue can be resolved as it's pretty damn annoying.
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    Just tested this on zm, nothing happens. Tested on ze, and you dont get lit on fire but you get slowed down cuz of the burn effect applies to you. I'm thinking this is probably because of no block.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    Not too sure but I believe this issue probably occured around the same time of Glitched View though I could be mistaken.
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    I personally have not observed any issues related to the napalm grenade. I also have not observed any impact to humans or other zombies not directly impacted by the grenades.
  5. Sep 25, 2010
    This seems to be a ze issue only.
  6. Mar 19, 2011
    But Like Deto Stated doesn't seem to be an Issue with Zombie Mod, However on Zombie Escape one get slowed down by just touching another lit Zombie whether it be Another Zombie or When you're a Human.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    This is because ZE has noblock and ZM doesnt. Mabye noblock will update soon.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
    Can get annoying when someone spams a materia on Mako reactor, everyone around that person gets slowed down.
  9. Aug 1, 2011
    LoL, am I the only one that thinks spreading fire in ZM would be a good idea? It would promote zombies spreading out when some are on fire, rather than them becoming a big clusterfuck.
  10. Jul 28, 2011

I think it sounds like a good idea too... but I might change my mind if it actually happened. Those fatties would catch everyone on fire :blink:
  11. Feb 12, 2011
    Indeed, on zm it would be cool if one could ignite another by bumping into them. XD
    On ze, however this is quite a problem, as it has impact on humans too. :/
  12. Aug 1, 2011
    Yeah, I have to agree with you on this one, having it on ZE would also promote griefing also since some people would catch themselves on fire just to set everyone else on fire and slow them down.
  13. Jul 14, 2010
    It seems accidentally realistic and cool, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    It is just as likley to happen on ZM as it would be on ZE
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    On ZM it wouldn't be as much of a big deal as ZE. Griefing would occur in both games, but since ZE is more of a race than ZM, thats where the issues would become apparent. In ZM, a bunch of burning zombies would just be annoying, all that burning noise around you before you die.

An idea would be to make it have a scaling burn time, more zombies on fire, the shorter the burn length, fewer zombies = longer time

I can just imagine it, 60+ burning zombies gathered around a couple players trying to be the one to stab them.

It would be interesting to see something like this implemented, but would take a fair bit of work to make it happen, and the novelty of it would wear off quickly.
  16. Sep 25, 2010
    This is getting really annoying on ze.

To recap, if you stand inside a person (even partially) who is lit on fire, you seem to be taking 0 dmg from the fire but you can't run anymore as a result of being damaged. Which root wants to be a hero and take a look at this :grin: ?
  17. Feb 12, 2011
    You do get hit, but your armor dies first.
  18. Mar 19, 2011
    I couldn't even Win on Mako last night because of this issue. I lit pretty much Every Damn Zombie with a Napalm Grenade but I could NOT run past them because I was getting slowed down as well >.>
  19. Jul 4, 2011
    Happened multiple times to me as well.
  20. Mar 15, 2011
    All I have to say to this is.....

pissing off CSS mod players since June 23rd, 2010

but ya its still a problem I even get slowed down by my own nade b4 I threw it and died as a result

EDIT: this happens on some other ze servers too dunno yet if all of them do it