Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fixed Firefox Iconsbug (solved)

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by -L-, Dec 25, 2012

1. Mar 20, 2012
    It didnt really bother me, but its now at least a month already, so im posting it. Maybe/Probably theres just an easy solution to this problem. The pic says it all, I dont see the icons but instead their codes/numbers/whatever. It only occurs with Firefox. Its only with these small icons.
    Java is up2date..

[IMG]

Edit: Solution below if anyone else is experiencing this:

-L-, Dec 25, 2012 Last edited by Brian, Jan 2, 2013
  2. May 14, 2011

If I were you I would try to clear your cache. Ive been having so many issues due to a bad stick of ram. When I clear my cache any browser issues are fixed for me.

CTRL + Shift + Del and only tick the cache box. Then select "Time range to clear" -> Everything. Then hit clear now. Should fix it.
  3. Mar 20, 2012

edit: tryed with addons/themes deactivated or standard setting and restarts also
  4. May 14, 2011
  5. May 20, 2011
    Looks like a CSS bug in the Dark Theme. You should have posted this under the "Lights Out!" thread that's on the Homepage. Which leads me to my question, do you get this with the light version as well (default)?

I have one myself, just found it out. The CSS element inspector has nothing to do with that box, it was not letting me highlight that piece of code there. Just Chrome being silly.

@Brian

Attached Files:

slisher, Dec 25, 2012 Last edited by slisher, Dec 25, 2012
  6. May 15, 2011
    Both these issues are non-existent to me in both the light and dark theme on FF.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 20, 2012
      Its kind of funny. The "Edit" "Report" Buttons are now normal with lights on. But the icons in the profile and everywhere else are still the same.

edit: [IMG]
    • Nov 11, 2011
      No need to tag any of management under the "Site Suggestions & Bugs" and "Issues and Help" section, they frequently check them :smile: lol. But I only use Chrome/Safari/Opera/IE and don't have any issues with either theme mode. Firefox is too sluggish for me. Could be because you have scripts enabled (maybe some Greasemonkey script for instance) that is causing some issues. I know I had a lot of extensions and addons and sometimes one of them would have to be deactivated to make something work. Might want to check up on that and also update your FF if you're still running < 3.6.
    • Sep 6, 2010
      I stopped using FF because of some bug a while ago and I ported everything in to Google Chrome. Works much better.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yep. FF was the best until their 3.6 version updates, then it went shitty. I even tried their v16b and Palemoon versions but Chrome was eons ahead in comparison. Chrome for life.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 20, 2011
        I agree Chrome FTW and you should be on a current up to date web browser.
      • Sep 25, 2010
        I don't have this problem with ff. (tested on dark and light)
      • Jun 4, 2006
        This was an issue with FF before, but it was fixed. Seems it's magically returned under a certain condition. Are icons broken for anyone else or just L? Did the icons ever work for you? Or have they always been broken? Do the icons on this page show for you: http://fortawesome.github.com/Font-Awesome/#all-icons ?

I'll have to look into this after xmas / later, but in the meantime the more info you can provide the better as I can't reproduce the issue. OS, FF version, addons, etc - anything you can think of that might help isolate the issue. Thanks.
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Mar 20, 2012
          link...Cant see any of the icons with ff.

They worked for some time(several months at least/ since my start on pf probably), but since 1 or 2 months they are broken for me. Ye no need 2 hurry, I lived with it already so long, doesnt matter if they are some more days like this.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Hmm, well since the icons aren't working at all including on the official homepage for them, and they used to work but aren't anymore and I have not made any changes to the icons since they were implemented, and no one else has claimed they're broken on PF yet (and more importantly broken on PF and not on the fontawesome home page), I'd say the issue is something on your end. Have you tried a fresh install or re-install of FF? Disable all addons and so forth. Try to remember what might have changed 1-2 months ago to cause this.
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • May 20, 2011
            Icons on the dropdown work fine for me on both dark and light (Chrome).

Does anyone else have the smileys-box bug on the homepage (see above post of me to see a screenshot)?
          • May 14, 2011
          • May 20, 2011
            Really? Never happened to click on that smiley-button before. Meh, it's not bugging me.
          • Mar 20, 2011
            @Fornax you think devs should continue to support FF 3.6? Your out of your mind.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Brian broke that a while back but blamed it on the CSS div container. I'll fix it later for him, I just had an awesome Christmas dinner :victory: