Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

First zombie of each round

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Mer, Apr 8, 2008

Where should the first zombie(s) of the round spawn?

Wherever that player is at that moment (the old way) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Back at the spawn point of the level (the new way) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 11, 2007
    Hey all! Let me start off by saying that the improvements to the server have been in general, kick-ass! I agree that we should sometimes try something new in an effort to improve game play and overall enjoyment on the server. Unfortunately, I feel that one of the recent changes detracts from my overall enjoyment of the server: whereas before, the initial zombies would spawn wherever that player was, now those players are suddenly whisked to the spawn.

I just wanted to see what others think about it? I recommend returning it to the "spawn-where-you-are" format.

Pros of the first zombie of the round appearing at spawn:
    1) ...?

Cons of the first zombie of the round appearing at spawn:
    1) There is no *fear* that one of your friends will suddenly turn into a zombie
    2) Humans can run in large groups with impunity to the cheapest spots of the map at the start of each round. There is no fear of one of them turning into a zombie (if that happens, the zombie is instantly whisked back to spawn, anyway).
    3) Cheap human camping spots become even cheaper as they are guarenteed to be zombie free at the start of every round
    3) Zombies have a *HUGE* disadvantage in any escape maps. In fact, this concept kills the concept of the escape map all together.

I don't feel like flogging a dead horse, you guys can see my point of view now. What do you guys think?
  2. Mar 23, 2008
    i suggest we spawn at the spawn because you:
    1.dont get killed when in a area thats hard to get in(out) so its like spawning at spawn except without the kill
    2.its like when you spawn every other time you get killed so its not much different
    3 gives ppl alive a chance

reasons i dont suggest
    1.dont get the easy kills
    2.not many zombies to help push(pull) cades
  3. Mar 12, 2008
    Keep it the old way!

zombies going back to spawn takes away the fear of your teammates from zombie'ing.

This might reduce the !ztele use, but come on. its just not fun without someone in the room

4. Jul 31, 2007
    We gotta change it back, half the fun of the start of the round was being all twitchy, wondering who in you group was gonna spawn, I think this is a definite must to be changed back to how it was. It's easy enough to survive as a human, why make it any easier.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    (It was already changed back to "How It was")
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    while were on the topic, what's the spawn time for zombies when the new round begins?

30 seconds?

and what if you introduced multiple zombie cuts before you turned into one? Should we force reloading if that was allowed? it would add to the tension, having to work as a team and not as many lone wolves would be found.

i could go on about this all day :grin:
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    If Reloading is Enabled, We lose the 10 yearold Kiddies.

The Spawn time is between 25 seconds to 35. (It randomizes a number every round.) There are 2 starting Zombies.
  8. Mar 12, 2008

Without the kiddies, Chat Spam would be kept to a minimum. Thus, happy people on the server. they invite friends, and we've got a new player base.

who needs the damn kids anyways >.>

seems like a win-win situation to me :grin: but i know nothing about running servers or what Cvars need to be set to allow reloading so i'll leave that to Cam.
    Couldn't hurt to try though. it would add a lot of skill, and force teamwork.

PLUS, with the reloading set, we *could* try the "first zombies of the round" showing up at spawn, just to even the odds a bit. C'mon, i know you guys are getting tired of the infinite ammo, and want some real terror of a group of zombies coming at you full force with only 30 rounds in your mag!

from what i've seen on servers that allow reloading, there's awesome teamwork (when some good players were on), players cover each other while reloading and it was so epic that it made me wonder if we could try this on pF.
    less people would use the auto-snipers (long reload time, plus slow to run with). therefore we wouldn't need to find ways to limit the weapon usage. Most people would either stick with SMG's or rifles. Bye Bye para!
  9. May 20, 2008
    I suggest a new way to selecting zombie.
    An effect similar to VOTEQUESTION pops up.

There will be numbres 1 - 9, and each player has to choose the random number to stay human, example:

Vote for Zombie:
    Selecting the wrong option does nothing and keeps the menu open.
    To close the menu and be considered voted, you must press the number related to the human option.

Last two people to vote 'human' (EXCLUDING AFK) turn into zombies.

Not only is this a relatively fair selection process, but it teaches the players not to spam '1' as soon as a Vote menu pops up.

Now that I mention it, can Vote_Extend 15 mins be moved to option #2, and the new #1 option be to set themselves on fire. >:smile:
  10. May 22, 2008
    I think that we should keep it the old way, the game flows more fluently that way.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    I agree. If Ck and Cam think its best to change it to reloading, Ill agree fully with their decision.
  12. Mar 12, 2008

JJK, you forget that everyone spams #1 no matter what :grin:

this has the potential to be awesome.
  13. May 20, 2008

Wasn't necessarily serious aboit it, but i still would be neat.

I agree with the reloads, but I think the clips should still be abnormally large, seeing you could be up against 55 zombies
  14. Mar 12, 2008

True, but on some weapons it should be limited, such as the para. or the auto-snipers. but at the same time it could be a lot of work.even something that restricts weapons would be ok too. it would help keep a lot of the spots in different maps from getting old.
  15. Dec 17, 2007
    now i know i havent been on here for a while but i gotta say if its between having a random zombie appear in your uber leet cade/yuo becoming the brain eatter OR transporting over to spawn, well, just simply its gotta be the sudden out of nowhere in your cade appearance of a zombie is way the fuck better... nothing like randomness to add to the game...plus how fuckin lame is it that youd be moved across the map and whatnot with people keepin their cades. lame lame lame cuz it should be shockin and out of nowhere...and now you heard the two cents of a MIA plaguer
  16. Jan 11, 2007
    Don't worry, it's back to the original way of zombies suddenly spawning wherever they happen to be... even inside your 'cade.
  17. Mar 12, 2008

I heard that reloading might be forced! this is a good thing! w00t!

add moar challenge! add more excitement! add more fun!
  18. May 26, 2008
    I'd have to say that the idea of making the first zombie return to spawn is rather stale. It would be kind of hard getting the humans when they're cades are perfect and have the best spot. I believe that everyone would go to the same place and that would make the game quite lame.
  19. May 25, 2008
    I think it would be a little too hard as a zombie to start back at the spawn. Plus, I do enjoy keeping an eye on the people in my hiding spot, just waiting for someone to turn.
  20. Jan 11, 2007
    I'm closing this topic because a number of people seem confused/concerned about whether PF is going to implement a "original zombies reappear back at spawn" setup in PF.

We tried this a couple of months ago (when this thread was originally started). As with the responses in this thread, the idea was met with overwhelming disapproval by the players, so it was discontinued.

To be clear: in our server, all zombies (including the original two) appear wherever the players are at that moment. They do *NOT* teleport back to spawn.

The only discussion in this thread which is still ongoing and (as yet unresolved) is whether or not PF should stay with unlimited ammo, or switch to some form of reload (with increased ammo clips, perhaps). That discussion can be continued [topic="661"]in this thread.[/topic]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.