Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fitness Plan

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Nezumi, Feb 23, 2012

1. Jun 10, 2011
    Ok, so Nezzie got a little tubby over Christmas and has decided to FINALLY get fit! My Mother and I have started going on daily half hour walks, but whilst her legs hurt and she's out of breath by the end of it, I merely feel like I stood outside for 30minutes.

SO, if we have any fitness gurus here at Plaguefest, I would like your help in making a fitness plan!

My Father has given me a key to his house, and in his garage he has;

A Multigym, rather like this one;

An Exercise Bike
    Aerobic Steps

Using any or all of these items, the goal is to lose fat whilst toning my thighs, tummy and upper arms.

The plan can be anywhere up to 5 days a week, any length of time, and should include the 20minute walk to and from my Father's house at the beginning and end =)

Please bare in mind I am pretty damn unfit, 5'0 in height and currently weigh about 120lbs, so don't be too harsh on me! :razz:

Any and all help/advice would be much appreciated <3
  2. Aug 2, 2010
    Stop eating like an akademikz.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008
      Diet plays a large, large portion on your workout. Go with Plain oats/quick oats for protein and carbs, and pile on lots of veggies/fruits. If you don't have a juicer, i'd recommend to get one as soon as possible. No more sodas/beer/excessive carbs. Try to eat 5 meals a day instead of 3, and make those meals something healthy, whether it's steamed veggies/rice, a small portion of grilled chicken, Just control the serving size and you'll be golden. I recommend preparing your meals for the next few days, so you don't skip a beat. stay on top and you'll never lose time.

When i went on my week-long juice-fast i drank a daily dose of vitamins and nutrients 3 times a day, Morning, Noon, and Night. That will keep you pumped the whole day. lost a couple pounds alone like that, and the best part is you can eat all the fruits and veggies you want. just no refined sugars/fats/red meats etc. If you really commit to it you can incorporate that into your plan. If you aren't allergic, grab a bottle of fish oil capsules. One cap daily will help lower bad cholesterol. just remember to take it with water, otherwise you'll be sorry. Take breaks every 25-30 mins, about 5 minutes a break. Drink lots of water, keep yourself hydrated. A typical workout should last anywhere from an hour to an hour-and-a-half. Don't forget your cardio!

You can never go wrong with squats either.

Just don't make the mistake of trying to tone one thing at once, cause then you'll wear yourself out a lot faster than you should. Do some pushups (if your into that), a bit of running (that 20 minute 'walk', try to brisk walk or jog), mix in some squats and hit the barbells. That that multi-gym can be your Mecca. you can hit that up if your in-between workouts and use the lower portion to work out your legs.

I saw a IRL tutorial for doing long-distance sprinting over the course of a couple weeks, when i find that i'll post it up, if you like.

also Dunbells are for dead lifts, unless you wanna be a 25 year old power-lifter :O

I used to try to get fit, but then i took a fat to my everywhere :\ I'm fixing that though within the next 3 weeks. I'm already stopping alcohol consumption. Yup. you read that right.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 24, 2011
        Running 3-5 times a week will keep the tubbies away, pop in some music at that and you'll feel alot better overall with time! Even if you feel just fine as it is.
      • May 11, 2011
        taking up a sport helps with getting fit
      • Sep 22, 2010
        Start off by stretching properly. Then try to enjoy the walk.
        The stomach will be toned by doing sit-ups; arms by doing some push ups. *Note, you don't have to do this so vigorously; just enough until you can feel tired*
        Thighs will be through actual jogging or running, or taking up swimming like rxn suggested the other day.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Sep 30, 2011
          Alright, let me point out one thing.
          Ton's of running every week is not really going to thin you out. Being in the army I will run anywhere from 25-30 miles a week.
          There are fat people that have been doing this too and still look the same. (Granted their diets are not the best)

Good diet is key, Steady workout + Balanced Diet = Progress.
          Do not be stupid and try to starve yourself, our bodys have a natural defense against starvation.
          A normal human usually needs 1800 calories a day. Eating less then this will promote weight loss.
          If you try to starve yourself and think it's going to help you would be wrong. When the body thinks it's starving it starts to hold onto, and store, every bit of fat you give it.
          Since the human body burns fat for energy it's going to stockpile all the fat it gets because it thinks you're in danger of starving to death. So in turn you'll get fatter.
          TL;DR - Good Diet, Balanced Workout Plan, Motivation. If you do all 3 together you will lose weight.
          Good luck nez. <3
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Feb 18, 2011
            All I do is go to the rec center and run when it comes to working out.
            Eating healthy makes shit like that easier though.
          • Sep 14, 2008
            120 pounds? I think my big toe weighs more than that o.0
          • Feb 21, 2007
            No amount of exercise can help you, because u can fit inside a horse's mouth!!

Edit: on a real note, if you really want me to post some advice, or help construct a workout, let me know. But it will take more brainpower than I am willing to commit right now. For those that have seen me, I am fit and have been working out for over a decade
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Sep 21, 2008
              Since you are out of shape, I would start out with briskly to light walking for 5 days in the week, next 5 days jog for 10 min or so and then walk for 5 min. The week after that jog lightly 3 days and walk for 2 days. You can increase your running speeds as you see yourself progressing. I would suggest listening to your favorite songs as you run. You can get yourself a jogging partner if you want to increase motivation. Try not to push yourself too hard in the first month or so in order to avoid injury; and make sure to stretch thoroughly before exercise.

As for the free weights, if you want to tone instead of build muscle you should increase the repetitions and decrease the weight. Find a weight you are comfortable with and do that in reps of 20. Bear in mind since you are initially not exercising with a lot of vigor, don't expect to see the pounds fly off of you.

As for food, eat low fat foods. I would recommend eating a lot of vegetables to fill you up. Then proceed with eating what you would normally eat.

Proof diet + Exercise work:
              I was injured a few months back(lifting injury mon) and gained some weight. I recently dropped 20lbs in a month, which was what I gained and I did this all with proper diet and vigorous exercise. I have kept it off and am back to my original weight, 195.

You can do it. Just stay motivated.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Jun 10, 2011
                Hahahaha xD

For me, it's not really about the weight, it's being happy in my own skin =P
              • Sep 14, 2008
                I certainly understand that. I'm still trying to lose all my weight. It's been a struggle, but I'm slowly getting there.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Aug 25, 2009
                  Im on an unattached boxing team at LA Boxing. We make women's butts look brazilian. We make you burn 1000 calories every workout.
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Sep 14, 2008
                    I would totally take up boxing or martial arts. Once I'm at a weight I can actually do those things lol. Nezzy, You should definitely do a fun sport or something.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Sep 6, 2010
                      If you haven't exercised in a while you should start slow, otherwise you can pull out a muscle or a tendon easily if you move on to heavy weight too soon. But I guess you don't really want big muscles so start jogging, biking or join a dance club :grin: Watch your diet - less junk food. I can't really tell much coz anything I eat I stay same weight, I rather gain weight.
                      • Informative Informative x 1
                      • Aug 5, 2010
                      • Mar 31, 2010
                        The first step to losing weight is by feeling ready to lose weight. Not everyone is ready, even though many insist they are. It takes a lot of willpower and it requires belief. If you wake up one morning and say "I'm going to lose all my weight", it's not going to happen. You've gotta be really unhappy with yourself and believe that "it's now or never" type of thing. You gotta stick with your goals and tell yourself that you're making yourself much healthier all the while looking a lot better! That being said I'm not much of a role model myself (as I weigh 230 pounds -- most of which I've gained in the last 2 years -- ever since I slowly stopped dancing), but I did do it in the past, when I was 14 I had lost 25 pounds and went down to 165 pounds, at 5'9, so it's not as if I don't know what I'm saying. If any troll asks what happened now, well let's just say I love food and don't give a flying fuck about how I look (at least for now).

Anyways, it's really 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. The exercise you're doing is fine - I wouldn't go heavy on weights just yet -- especially if your main goal is to lose weight for now (before getting toned). Just eat a little better (start gradually, don't cut everything all at once): start cutting the sweets (and possibly flour if you can), the alcohol, soft drinks especially (I know people who've lost all their weight by just letting go of soft drinks, I'm not even kidding!)... Do some stretchings, continue to walk the same amount per day -- whatever you do, don't try to overdo things to later end up feeling sick: that's what unmotivates/discourages lots of people into continuing with their diet programs. Also, don't weigh yourself (at least not every day). You must understand that losing weight is not a day-by-day process. It takes time, and you want to make sure you don't lose too much too fast, because then you're only putting yourself at risk of gaining it all back and more. If you're looking for some cool fitness videos, I would recommend Rockin' Body from Beachbody. I've seen my sister use it in the past and thought it looks like lots of fun and seems very easy to do. It's a dance workout video and costs not even 20 bucks on their site...! That alone could replace any fitness plan you wish on doing for the moment.

There's just so many ways of losing weight. Like I could throw out a plan for you and such but it's unnecessary -- just cut down on meals, it's as simple as that. Eating a bit of everything won't kill you, it's when you start to eat too much of something that starts ballooning you up! Good luck.
                      • Sep 22, 2010
                        If I listened to you, I'd be pushing my training to tomorrow on EVERY occasion. Eventually that will end up with me doing nothing.
                      • Feb 21, 2007
                        she enver responeded...so i'm guessing she doesnt want my help lol