Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fix the Napalm nade ignition particle!

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by JorisCeoen, Jul 20, 2012

1. Apr 9, 2012
    For christ sake I have yet encountered the X'th server crash on ZE just because of the napalm nades.
    Arguably all the server crashes are due to this stupid napalm nade...

Isn't there ANY way to exchange the ignition particle effect by a MUCH cheaper one? One that has a far less detailed texture, one that is NOT brightened, one that especially has FAR lesser frames rendered per second... That would help SO much. If you can set up a mod like ZE, then something like this should be easy cake right? I might be wrong, but it's something little, none will see the difference between a cheaper fire particle and most of all it will prevent SO many crashes.

Unless the reason for the napalm nade crashings aren't that what I mentioned, I would love to see it changed :-/
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    It actually has nothing remotely to do with this. It's a Zombie:Reloaded bug.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      I can fully agree that it's a Zombie:Reloaded bug, but it has in any case FPS wise to do something with. The fire particle of Source SDK for cs:s and Half-Life 2 is waaaaaay too heavy.
      They are not heavy on their own when you play it in HL2 EP2 or something, but it's absolutely not suited for ZE.
      I cannot even imagine low-end computers to even render it as it is so heavy. 50 of those fire particles, I really have to laugh, I'm even surprised my own computer can handle it. Even Crysis would run better if all enemies where on fire :-(

I know Source is ofc a little old, but is there really no way to change it? It would help the FPS in a matter that FPS could never improve that much for any other possible cause on ze...
      It's very annoying to see FPS drop below 30fps because of that just because of that particle... While I can run better with the previously mentioned reasons...

If Valve were the creators of ZE, they would have changed the fire particle from start as a reason of logic thinking :-/

EDIT: I'm not mad at you at all don't get me wrong, it's not your fault ofc, but I just want to give the suggestion as I'm actually convinced it could improve fps so much.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      I'm sorry but is this about the server crashing or you running the game on high and your computer can't handle it :sidefrown:
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Yea, server crashing, that's what I said.

Hmmm I don't think so, unless the outdating of computers is shorter than 1 year and a half...
      My Computer:

- Operating System = MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
      - CPU = Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
      - RAM = 8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
      - Motherboard = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55A-UD3 (Socket 1156)
      - Graphics = ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (ATI HD5870)
      - Monitor(s) = Samsung SyncM B2230 + Philips FTV (Full HD@60Hz)

- Hard Drives
      * 1954GB Western Digital WD20EARS-00MVWB0 ATA Device J: (SATA)
      * 977GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device F: (SATA)
      * 977GB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA Device C: (SATA)
      * 977GB Lacie HD L: (FAT32 External Drive)

- Optical Drives
      * HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
      * PSDI 5Q7SXAVG9 SCSI CdRom Device
      * UDINC MN4XA3OXMJCT SCSI CdRom Device
      * UDINC MN4XA3OXMJCT SCSI CdRom Device (2)
      * HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GBC-H20N ATA Device

- Audio = ASUS Xonar D2 Audio Device
    • Apr 9, 2007

Operating System: Windows XP x64
      CPU: Intel Core2Duo e8400 @ 3.6ghz
      Ram: Dual Channel G-Skill DDR2 @ 1066mhz (4-4-4-12)
      Motherboard: P5Q Pro
      Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 460
      Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster BX2431
      Audio: Auzentech X-Fi Forte
      Network Card: Intel Gigabit CT Adapter
      Hard Drive: WD 640GB Black AALS
      Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223F

The game runs fine for me maxed out... The Desktop is Three? Four? years old. Cards have been added, removed or replaced. At one point I had a modem.
      Post Merged, Jul 20, 2012
      Well, it's completely unrelated.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Ok then I apologise for the madness. I wasn't mad at you anyway, but it's pretty horrible to see such a particle just drop down so many fps :-/ that's about all