Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Flame glitch (when zombies are on fire)

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Super Mario, Jul 3, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 17, 2011
    One thing i realized on the ze server that was not on before was walking into a zombie that is ignited and having him reduce your speed and ignite you at the same time while you are not.
    This is really annoying especially when you are on a map like mako, you are going up the stairs and the first zombie that is on fire slowed down the whole team behind him. Can we please fix that and not have zombies nor humans that are on fire glitch into the other ones that are on fire and reduce their speed?

This only happens on the ze server. The zm server is fine.
  2. Feb 3, 2012
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I would suspect that this was done in order to respect real life properties of fire propagations and contacts of said fire (in Laymen's terms: You put something on fire and everything that touches burns too). Also this balances the zombies vs the human else zombies become too powerful and breaks the foundation of ZE.

Also this isn't a new thing, it's been like this for more than a year and that's how (most of the) server I visited do it.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      I don't remember this from last year. This happened after the an update with the roots and they forgot to fix it. It really sucks reducing so many zombies speed because of one ignited zombie and nope, not all servers have it.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      happy 1,000th post! Now go get 2000!
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, I've seen it do this off and on over my time here, but it doesn't bother me at all really(cause I'm always that zombie in the front on fire hehe).
    • Sep 25, 2010
      This used to be a problem and caused massive lag when zombies teleported but then kyle isntalled a fix for this and now the issues seem to be back. Kyle, any input on what is going?
    • Nov 11, 2011
      I've had this happen a couple of times, quite irritating tbh.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 17, 2011
        So is this going to be fixed or not? i just want to know.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        If it's working as intended I would assume probably not.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      • Nov 11, 2011
      • Sep 25, 2010
        Napalm on one player is not intended to hurt other players that run past them. I don't see why people are saying it's working as intended. At first napalm only affected the player but then it broke and got fixed and now it's broken again.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I agree, but it's been like this for a while and so many fixes have been rolled out, we figured it was part of an update to reflect physics. If it's not intended, I really hope it can be fixed because it is a nuisance. While we're on the subject, can the issue about going into spec while you're on fire and spectating someone be fixed? If you're on fire and move into spec, the person you are spectating ends up burning. Although, it does not do damage, it does slow them down.
        • Nov 17, 2012
          It was never like this, only recently has the Napalm done this. I know the server has trouble getting everything to work together and perhaps this plugin has gone to bust. It makes it just a bit easier for the humans as Zombies are stacked and "all" on fire. Most annoying when you're trying to time something, i.e fire on Mako so you don't slow down or if you see a nade.

Anyways, rather annoying. Needs to be fixed ^_^
        • Jul 3, 2013
          dont be idiots guys. the onliest reason you get slowed down when you burn is because you take damage and when you take damage you get slowed down. if not you would run normaly
        • Nov 11, 2011
          What we are saying is... if a person is on fire and he touches another person, they feel the effects of it too. It was never like this until recently. It lags the server pretty hard core as well. lol.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Everything lags when you play on a toaster
        • Oct 17, 2011
          LMAO this is the first thread i ever made that helped pF with something. FUCK YEAH!!! thought i was going to get yelled at like i always do and have the thread locked.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Yelled at and explained are two different things. But yes good thread :thumbsup:

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.