Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Flashbang freeze bombs?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Nayr, Jun 7, 2013

1. Apr 24, 2012
    I was thinking, since we have a nade that can put zombies on fire to slow them down, can we make the flashbang a freeze grenade to escape from them?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010

It's very tacky.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Feb 27, 2012

and that^ it would also turn into a "kiddie" server. Same reason we don't have a store on MG.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 24, 2012
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Haha, you must be coming from Hellz I suppose? Nah I think it's one of the most overpowered items that I have ever seen in ZE. Many maps already have Ice for freezing zombies.
        • Jul 8, 2012
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Sep 8, 2012
            meh hellz is not the only server that has freeze nades.
          • Jul 16, 2012
            Bu-bu-bu-but daaaaaaaaaaaad!

Sounds like a very interesting idea, in my eyes at least, but there would have to be some limitations on it.

Ex. Player may only have 1 flashbang per round (May not pick up those that have fallen)
            Ex2. If a zombie is currently frozen/snared by a flashbang, if he gets hit with another, it cancels out the first effect // the 2nd onedoesn't refresh the freeze timer
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 14, 2012
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Terrible idea. Especially on ZM, it's already human-sided enough as it is.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Apr 24, 2012
                What about only on the maps that are overly zombie favored and restricted on the other maps?
              • Nov 29, 2012
                Haha that would be hilarious, but a bit too unfair on zombies. If anything maybe not freeze, but slow them down? Same effect with fire. But freezing zombies with a full server would be chaotic.
              • Apr 24, 2012
                i just think a 5 second freeze should be suffice, a better way to escape.
              • Sep 8, 2012
                hellz doesn't even have it for more than a second..
              • May 14, 2012
                5 seconds is way to long. and no matter how you put it this is a bad idea, and i could never see it happening.
              • Apr 24, 2012
                ok, thanks for all the inputs guys :thumbsup:
              • Jul 16, 2012
                Straight up saying it's a bad idea isn't fair. It's not an amazing idea, but it's no-where near bad.

The flashbang could simply snare (slow) for 1.5 seconds. Considering how many people bhop, I think it's a fair idea.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Feb 3, 2012
                • Mar 12, 2008

Limit the same, or carry/pickup one or two per round

I dig it. Those of you that are saying "no, it's gay/retarded/bad" should flesh out your post a bit more, or explain why it's bad. This sounds like a fun idea and pissing on it at the start isn't how you go about discussing future ZM ideas.

EDIT: I'm going to add more to explain why i'm in favor instead of making another post.

• Imagine you are running to cover and a guy in your group turns and starts tagging people. dropping a napalm grenade *might* save your group or it will scatter zombies everywhere and create a huge un-survivable mess. With a freeze grenade you can toss it, rally, and take care of the threat while retreating.

• Got bunnyhopping zombie(s) ? take care of that with a AoE freeze grenade. You'll be able to get a bead on them and insure that your holding spot stays pest free.

• "Hey, that's a pretty nice barricade but it seems you let a couple zombies in! Here's a freeze grenade to help trap them so we don't fuck up our cade."

• Want to check what's behind the side of a ledge? Drop your freeze nade down there and do a quick face check. no more jumping halfie surprises.
                  Now it will have to be fine-tuned of course but a post like this ^^ is how you go about discussing stuff. One-line shitpost does not count.
                  • Agree Agree x 3
                  • Winner Winner x 2
                    Taters, Jun 7, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Jun 7, 2013
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    You do make a good point. I wasn't saying it was a bad idea though. I could see the advantage, like Nayr said, putting it in overly zombie sided maps.
                    Like atix for example. The new redux is waaaaay zombie sided when there is about 30 people. Tossing one on the last street the helicopter makes a run through would probably make it a little more human sided for sure...

I think i change my view, just as long as it is restricted on some maps, and allowed on others (if that is possible) Just make sure that it doesn't actually flash and deafen people, because that will get really annoying.