Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Flavor of the week! (Expect it to change, maybe)

Discussion in Gaming started by Taters, May 9, 2013

1. Mar 12, 2008
    This thread is in honor of @Haplo. He applied the term because gaming interest among us mumble-goers seems to switch up every now and then. Being a multi-gaming community I see no problem with this, however he is just an anal-angered being.

We usually have a few staple games we play, either CS:S (given), Dark Souls, DayZ, or DotA2. League (popular among some of the others in mumble) also rears it's head every now and then. This thread will be updated by me if/when it indeed changes and I invite the community (Or anyone that sees this, really) to join up with us. Fire up mumble and hop on. If you have ideas for the next flavor of the week, post them up.

This weeks' Flavor(s) (Updated as of 6/18/13)
    • Dark Souls (Get tips, learn new tricks and get build advice)
    • Neverwinter MMO (On shard: Dragon) (Beta closed for now)
    • GTA 4 (Now a weekly thing, on weekends. Join the steam group for event notifications http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pfgtaivevents)
    • Day Of Defeat: Source
    • Torchlight 2 (We can make private games, max of 6 per game)

Dark Souls: Leave your Games For Windows Live with Me (taters) or anyone else that wants to play. Required information follows:
    • Soul level (For summoning purposes. If you are summoning, you can summon 10% of your current level plus 10. Example: Soul level 100 can summon lvl 80 or 120)
    • Progression (So we know where to go if you want to co-op, or where we need to get to)
    • Boss challenge (If you want to cut the tails on dragon bosses, or beat either Ornstein or Smough first, etc.)
    • If you need spare humanity just ask. It's better to have some on hand than have to farm it especially when you want to do lots of co-op

Torchlight 2: You can make an account to play online, and the lobby (when it's up) will be
    • Lobby Name: plaguefest (all lowercase)
    • Password: welcome (all lowercase)
    • Anyone may make the lobby but it must be with the information above. This guarantees we can all meet up and join properly.
    We can do fresh starts for newcomers, other than that we can run other lobbies later down the road for higher level and NG+ toons.

GTA IV: Games For Windows Live + Social Club account are required to play online - Do both of these first!

Multi-player is really sketchy sometimes, so here's some tips for joining:
    1. Do not alt+tab anytime during the game, as it seems it will kick you for low framerate or some other shit. Everyone that alt+tabs out for some reason so far has been dropped from lobbies, and we have to re-make it each time since it bans you from the current lobby.
    2. "Get into the game" first. Run the single-player campaign and message whoever is setting it up for an invite. This seems to have a higher success rate than joining outside of the game.
    3. Be patient. It doesn't always work at first, and we'd rather wait a bit and get everyone to join than have a few people not get in on the fun. We usually have multiple people invite to increase chances too, so be patient.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
      Taters, May 9, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Jun 18, 2013
    • Feb 1, 2011
      Wow bro, you totally forgot Asheron's Call.

[IMG]

Look how pissed he is!

EDIT: On the real though, some people have been playing GTA4 lately - would love to get some multiplayer going or something.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I'm playing Day of Defeat Source if anybody wants to join me.
      Will be playing Blood Dragons soon also.

Also adulthood where its a game where you have to be an adult and do adult thing. It's the most difficult game ever. Also its flavor last like a 50 years.
    • Mar 12, 2008

Pissed that WoW was betterHEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

shoulda picked up GTA 4 when it was on sale. I wasn't much for those games but they do look fun.

will edit OP
    • May 15, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        When the fuck did we start doing GTA IV? O.o

If we do ever get a MP server up and going, we need to do this right away:
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008

all blame goes to halpo
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Oh, you're coming up with games to play, didn't read it correctly.

Talk somebody into a GTA IV server because the Demo Derby would be hilarious with all of pF peeps.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          We could always find a server. Much preferred unless someone has space and is willing to throw one up. I'm going hard into the google-fu for this one
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Ok so I found out you can just throw up a GTA 4 server all willy-nilly anytime you please, just GFWL sucks so connecting to it is a whole 'nother deal.

However, first impressions: Damn. I played GTA back then but this is really fun. I can say i had a really good time in multiplayer. Everything was fine too til' Backstab-inger decided to strike. Needless to say he was righteously shot and teabagged soon after. I was never one for vehicle centered/racing games, or games that have driving mechanics implemented because IMO it tends to suck. I can shoot and drive at the same time and duck out of the car if it catches fire. MP looks like it would be insane with a ton of people on, spawns are crazy and there's tons of weapons laying around. The fucking cops chase you too.

Also this: Backstab-inger's Demise
        • Jun 11, 2012
          GFWL does sucks but you can disable by going back to the update that actually makes the game playable and doesn't randomly locks up or crashes (1.0.4.0 I think will check a bit later). You lose nothing by going back and you use a dll file that disables GFWL (takes like 30sec or so to do the whole process).

Also for those who wants High Definition Pack mod install like ICE Enhancer or the ENB Series (they're identical), you will need to revert back to the 1.0.4.0 update.
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Mar 12, 2008

Anyone remember Sven Co-Op? Well if you don't shame on you. It's still alive and kicking! It's a multiplayer mod for HL1 and you can play through the main campaign with people, or the various other maps made for Sven Co-Op.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sven-co-op/

http://www.svencoop.com/mirrors.php

(Torrent Mirrors for faster download)

EDIT: Due to most new updates, some things may have changed. Sven Co-Op needs to be in the Half-Life directory, so for me it was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life

double check to make sure the file path leads to your Half-Life folder, and make sure you have Half-Life installed prior to this!
            Taters, May 30, 2013 Last edited by Taters, May 30, 2013
          • Nov 6, 2011
            THAT GAME SUCKS
            • Zing! Zing! x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Updated OP. Torchlight 2 is now included.
            • Feb 1, 2011
              Did you guys already stop playing that shopping game? Figured I'd see it on this thread :razz:

Sent from my SGS3 w/ Tapatalk
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Mar 12, 2008
                Flavor of the week is multiplayer titles that everyone can join. Recettear, sadly is not multiplayer.

Also for Torchlight we can do a hardcore fresh start lobby. Completely forgot about HC mode.
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Artistic Artistic x 1
                  Taters, Jun 19, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Jun 20, 2013
                • Feb 1, 2011
                  I'd be down to play Torchlight - I'll be home tonight. Maybe add FFXIV on here too? Not saying it's flavor of the week, more flavor of the weekend, but still! Then again, I suppose it already has its own thread. You can tell me to fuck off and stop coming up with dumb ideas whenever haha
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • May 27, 2008
                    dill, fuck on and start coming up with great ideas always.
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Aug 2, 2010