Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

For stop using other languages in server

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by pranji, Jan 29, 2011

1. Jan 27, 2011
    guys , i have to need your openioun for the people playing from other country , they know english still they chat spam ,some times they mic spam too like i was playing on other usa or canada based servers they have rules like u cant use other lang. coz if u 2 or 5 guys used other lang to communicate no one can understand you and as admin i get many complain from other players some times they use abusive lang in their lang. so i have small request to head ADMINS please sirs make rule for this launguage.

hope you guys get my point , i m not good in post and every thing but still ill try my best to let u know about new points .

2. Jun 4, 2006
    To clarify, he's talking about the Russians.
  3. Jul 23, 2010
    I enforce English only in the servers. I might be wrong but in my eyes it's considered spam.
  4. Apr 9, 2007
    No worries, thanks for making the effort.

Personally, if it's early in the morning (3AM->7AM, or later) or whatever I just leave it. If it's during the day ie 6PM? By all means enforce them to use English. If they refuse, just silence them. Does anyone else think this should be the rule?
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    not to mention you can't tell if people are insulting admins or you when you're doing your job.
  6. Jul 23, 2010
    Since I already assumed it was an unspoken rule I would be for making it an official rule.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    I second that...
  8. Oct 22, 2010
    i find this post ironic, just sayin
  9. Jul 14, 2008
    Make it a rule, saves lots of annoying spam in chat.
  10. Nov 26, 2010
    I dont think so, since he may not be Russian himself.

Plus its etiquette, I speak Spanish and I was raised that it is disrespectful/rude to speak in another language if a non-speaker is present. So if a non-speaker is present I immediately shift to English.

Plus I think it should be a rule, Admins don't need "I speak Russian, I didn't know I could block because I can't read the rules that are in English."
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    There is nothing wrong with the original post. He is trying to speak in english, that is enough. And I agree with kyle. If its mid day or busy time on the server, it should be english only. This can simply be enforced with gag/mute/silence ability
  12. Sep 5, 2010
    I thought typing in chat was fine, just speaking on mic wasn't..
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    This was my understanding as well.
  14. Oct 22, 2010
    it should be english only 24/7

if you can't understand or speak english then find a different server, end of story

:i just find it funny, not asking any of you to do the same:
  15. Mar 31, 2010
    Hey Toxic. Check my sig. kthxbye
  16. Jun 26, 2010
    i agree with what kyle says. i think it should be ok in the hours of the day that people aren't really on, but i think when we have a large amount of traffic in the servers we shouldn't. i know that when i go into a server, i dont like when people talk another language because its just annoying not knowing what they are saying i usually just leave. it's not discrimination or anything, its just basic manners that if your in an English speaking server, you speak English, even if it isn't so good.
  17. May 27, 2008