Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Force spec to zombies after initial carriers are selected

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Steve Buscemi, Jun 18, 2013

1. Jun 17, 2013
    Im new to this but we should eliminate the ability to view human players in spectate. It allows people to ghost and find players hiding as a last resort proving rather frustrating . Maybe force spec to zombies after initial carriers are selected or possibly a "being viewed by" list so we know who is viewing us . Just a suggestion I hope im doing this right thanks
    • Like Like x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      I have been a victim of ghosting but at the same time I do often enjoy watching people play (both zombies and CTs) without joining the game later on and affecting the outcome of the game... sometimes I like to show off a spot too... admins will definitely need to be able to see both in order to perform duties if any changes were made. I can understand both sides if this were to become a disagreement.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Ghosting is quite irritating, i do agree... but maybe there could be a way to see who is viewing us like you said. Maybe like the !rdisplay command that shows the server info. Have it look like that and such, but of course show us who is viewing. I wonder if that is even possible. That's a good idea.

But I don't think we can restrict who views who since often players record demos of rule breakers or hackers and submit them on Sourcebans (i used to if someone was ridiculous with breaking rules). So unfortunately, i don't think restricting players from viewing humans is going to happen any time soon.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I thought we punish spectators who ghost.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        We do, but when admins aren't present or proof is non-existent, people usually never get punished for their actions and will eventually just repeat eventually down the road. With this, it would make it easier to see who is doing such. But maybe make admins who are spectating players not show up, that way players aren't like "oh crap admin spectating me better not cade break until he goes away lols!"
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Better yet make it so all admins show up on every players UI. That way nobody will ever break rules.
      • Apr 24, 2012
      • May 31, 2012
        Is there a thread on this? I never saw it in the rules? I mean I hate ghosting but I have never punished for it even I strongly believed it to be the case. The problem with punishing for it is that it is so difficult to catch; even having a demo wont be sufficient proof unless you have a video recording software to show who is on which team during the demo... they would pretty much have to admit to it in order to have any objective evidence.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It's not fair if you have a good hiding spot and someone reconnects to see where you are. It's more so an issue on MG than any other server, though. From what i've been told, if a player does it on ZM, it is still not allowed. Here it is on the MG rules list.
        [IMG]
      • May 31, 2012
        I was under the impression that this thread was regarding zombie mod, was in the zombie mod forum and was tagged zombie mod :dazed: my bad
      • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      • May 31, 2012
        I know that admins can see the SMAC trigger in console, maybe if a player kills another player that they spectated during the round... have a some kind of console that shows admins? I don't think people who are ghosting worry or think about admins because it is very difficult to catch.

What was an example? He used Mini Games rules as an example but said: "if a player does it in ZM, it is still not allowed" then shouldn't it be in the ZM rules too? I am confused. :sidefrown: I honestly wouldn't say it's against the rules unless it was there or at least have some kind of connection with another rule? I am certain people ghost me because I always look for these stupid spots that work (exampled in my Stupid Spots that Work thread) and I am almost certain some people ghost me lol; if it were against the rules I would do what I can to call them out lol.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I misread this part. An official ruling or pointing in the right direction would be good.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008
          It's really simple to catch depending on how well someone is hidden. I'd say it's even easier to catch than a hacker is.
          • Player A wants to kill player B, so player A reconnects to spectate.
          • Player B is really well-hidden behind some boxes, and many zombies pass by him constantly.
          • Player A knows exactly where he is, so Player A makes a beeline to Player B and kills him immediately.
          This type is easy to look for. Another kind is where someone is sitting in spec, and the other is getting updates either from steam or a VoIP program or whatnot where players are hiding from them. Harder to catch, but people are usually really fucking stupid so they don't try to hide their ghosting. I always record a demo when I think someone is ghosting, and I watch how they play. If they start going to obscure spots and tagging people that's a dead giveaway.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            It is for ZM lol. I'm just getting off topic. But what Taters said.

As far as a I have been told, ghosting isn't allowed on ZM either.
          • Sep 25, 2010
            I doubt we will ever be able to do something about ghosting. We can't force players to stay in game, and we can't have people know who is spectating them(for hackers). Even having a plugin to report if player x -> spectated player y and killed him isn't always the work of someone ghosting.

@Brian It appears we need a no ghosting rule added to zm and ze. It only exists on mg. I'd say add it to global server rules.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              On another server I've seen a no ghosting rule except on their Zombie Escape where it is conditional ie. No ghosting unless there are no admins on and a player is delaying.
            • Jul 8, 2012

• May 31, 2012
              The condition? No it's easy: if you're on (as admin) then you enforce and if you're not, then don't lmfao. "Catching" ghosters as I mentioned earlier I totally agree with you that it would be difficult to objectively say someone is ghosting (looks like Detonator agrees too... and Taters is too pro for all of us :neutral: he'll catch everyone cause it's easy)
            • Jul 8, 2012
              Well obviously Jesus lol. But I mean I think it'd be hard to prove unless it was quite obvious.