Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Forgien guy in the server now, and i can;t copy his name at all

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by P@perBoy, Jul 5, 2012

1. Mar 3, 2012
    like the title says. I don't know if that's some kind of hack or what but I should I ban him?
    Post Merged, Jul 5, 2012
    well he's gone now, left on his own but here's is steam ID and a screen shot of his name since i can't copy paste it. | STEAM_0:0:47073493 | "НяШныЙ КриПеР "

well actually i can paste his name into here but it didn't work in chat... dunno why.
  2. Jul 4, 2011
    His name is perfectly fine. For future reference, if you can't target someone by copy-pasting their name you can always use the admin menu (!admin) or their user ID (sm_users in console). More information in this video I made a while ago.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Maybe you don't have the language pack for that language. No such hack exists where you can't paste a name into chat, pretty much all the known invisible characters were fixed to my knowledge.
    • Jun 3, 2012
      If you need to take action against him, do what Tony said and type your command in the format of "@action #userid"

So if I needed to kick him and he was player 648, I would type "@kick #648 "reason""

Also afaik foreign names are okay
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Dec 2, 2011
        Yes you can always do what him and tony said, when you pull up there names and id's there will be a player # Next to it and you can easyly just type @kick,mute,ban,silence{Or what ever} #1234 and it will do said command.
      • May 14, 2011
        OR you can sm_admin and just do it from your admin menu, good thing about this is if you use a bind you can admin midgame if you can read and play at the same time. :smile:
      • Mar 3, 2012
        the only part of all of this i didn't really know was the using of the userid instead of their name. thanks. I really just have never encountered not being able to copy/paste someone name and had no idea what to do.
      • May 14, 2011
        1. type in sm_users into console
        2. Remember the number to the left of their name, should be something like #666
        3. use the command as usual but instead of using their name use the number, eg. !kick #666 "racisim"
        4. Test it out in the Training Server on yourself.