Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Formula 1 2015 Season

Discussion in Sports started by Badgriuel, Mar 2, 2015

1. Jul 20, 2010
    Pre-season testing is now over and Mercedes looks like the team to beat again. Mercedes didn't let the other teams know their true speed until the last days of testing by setting the fastest times by both their drivers. Does Mercedes have more speed in hand and were only showing a fraction of their speed or have the other teams cut into their half a second to a full second advantage a lap from last year?

1. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1m 22.792s, 254 laps
    2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 1m 23.022s, 124 laps
    3. Valtteri Bottas, Williams, 1m 23.063s, 179 laps
    4. Felipe Massa, Williams, 1m 23.262, 205 laps
    5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 1m 23.276s, 216 laps
    6. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 1m 23.469s, 272 laps
    7. Felipe Nasr, Sauber, 1m 24.023s, 300 laps
    8. Carlos Sainz Jr, Toro Rosso, 1m 24.191s, 218 laps
    9. Romain Grosjean, Lotus, 1m 24.200s, 191 laps
    10. Marcus Ericsson, Sauber, 1m 24.276s, 245 laps
    11. Max Verstappen, Toro Rosso, 1m 24.527s, 224 laps
    12. Daniel Ricciardo, Red Bull, 1m 24.638s, 200 laps
    13. Nico Hulkenberg, Force India, 1m 24.939s, 235 laps
    14. Sergio Perez, Force India, 1m 25.113s, 130 laps
    15. Kevin Magnussen, McLaren, 1m 25.225s, 39 laps
    16. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1m 25.327s, 138 laps
    17. Daniil Kvyat, Red Bull, 1m 25.947s, 159 laps
    18. Pastor Maldonado, Lotus, 1m 26.705s, 176 laps

It's 9 days until the first race of the season at Melbourne, Australia.

I'll be live streaming some races leading up to the first grand prix of the season.

via http://www.twitch.tv/badgriuel
    • Like Like x 2
      Badgriuel, Mar 2, 2015 Last edited by Badgriuel, Mar 2, 2015
    • Mar 3, 2015
      I see someone here is very interested in F1. I've attended an F1 event in Singapore, personally I didn't like it because it's not interesting to sit completely still seeing cars drive past you a hundred times, but I guess it's dependable form person to person.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Nov 19, 2010
        XD I live in Singapore and have worked at one of the F1 events before.. It's actually not that bad o.o
      • Mar 3, 2015
        I used to live in Singapore too, but I moved away to my home country.
      • Jun 11, 2012

BTW are you live streaming you playing F1 2020 or the actual race? I'm always confusled.
      • May 15, 2011
        He always streams his own game, he really sucks so he goes solo so no one notices and records it to boost his ego. #JustBadProblems
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Jul 20, 2010
          Bitch we've raced online before and dear god were the players horrible >.>. It's like we were playing bumper cars you remember, I got so pissed one time that I made it my mission to just ruin peoples races .

That's pretty much how online races go lol. People don't race properly and make clean passes its rare to find drivers online that race cleanly and don't just ram and hit you off the track.

Here's another video to show you bad the drivers are online as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
          • May 15, 2011
            lol I know, but no one else knew that. :P We should do some online races again though. The people suck but it's fun to do once in awhile. I don't think I'll have the time to commit to campaign anymore though.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            For those of you that follow Formula 1 may know that Jules Bianchi, Marussia's driver was put into a coma following an accident during the Japanese Grand Prix last year. He was removed off the drugs that kept him in an artificial coma last week and has remained in a coma since then.

He suffered a severe head injury and has been in a coma since October. Here's to Jules waking up from the coma and making a recovery, thoughts and prayers to his family and to the Marussia team. Let's hope Jules doesn't become the latest F1 driver to die from injuries sustained during a race.

• Jul 20, 2010
            This Saturday at 10:00pm PST will be the first race of the season at Melbourne Australia.

So far in the first two rounds of practice Mercedes has been at the top of the time sheets. The closest time to them was .715 seconds slower than Nico Rosberg, which was posted by Sebastian Vettel in his Ferrari. Mercedes has a lot of speed in hand and I foresee a Mercedes 1,2 starting grid for the race.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              So the race that happened last Sunday only had 11 cars finishing the race, there was a lot of attrition which is to be expected in the first race of the season. Mercedes led the way from the start of the race and never gave up being 1,2 the entire time. It ended in a Mercedes 1,2 showing the rest of the teams that they have a lot of work to do if they want to catch the Silver Arrows.

1st place Lewis Hamilton Mercedes

2nd place Nico Rosberg Mercedes

3rd place Sebastian Vettel Ferrari

• Like Like x 1
              • Feb 25, 2014
                I was kinda hoping that one team would go down in the dust with that contract bust, but shamefully he goes from top speed to

giedo

Atleast he is fking rich now lol
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jul 20, 2010
                  This Saturday at 11:59PM PST will be the Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix at Kuala Lumpur. There has been a lot of drama in the past two weeks, with Red Bull demanding that rules be changed to bring Mercedes down level with the rest of the team and also with Red Bull and Renault threatening to leave Formula 1 if things don't change.

For me it sounds like sore losers that can't stand it that another team is kicking everyone's ass instead of Red Bull and Renault doing it like they did it for the 2010-2013 seasons and won tons of races in those 4 years and 4 different championships as well. Hopefully the FIA doesn't cave into the pressure from Red Bull, since last year they caved and forced all the teams to remove the FRIC suspension system on the cars since Mercedes had perfected it. This is how the sport goes, you have one team that dominates for a few years and then another team takes the reign and dominates. It would be worse for the sport if the FIA forces Mercedes to limit the horsepower that their engine produces because Red Bull and Renault are 100hp down on power compared to the Mercedes engine.

Ferrari has actually gotten faster and better in this season after having a horrible 2014 season. So if Ferrari can find horsepower to close the gap so can Renault. Also its not just about the engine but also the car setup and how everything works together and Red Bull seems rather content to whine then try to get better and produce a better car.

Let's see what happens this weekend, will we see another Mercedes 1,2? Or can Ferrari take a win from Mercedes?
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Sorry for a bit late on this things came up.

The Malaysian Grand Prix had an interesting twist Ferrari was able to take the fight to Mercedes and score a victory. But I wouldn't fret over this win early in the season, Mercedes made a serious mis-step on their Tire strategy and it's what cost them the race.

1st place Sebastian Vettel Ferrari

2nd place Lewis Hamilton Mercedes

3rd place Nico Rosberg Mercedes

Also this Saturday at 11PM PST will be the Formula 1 Chinese Grand Prix at the Shanghai International Circuit.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Jul 20, 2010
                      The Chinese grand prix had a lot of drama with Ferrari trying to take the fight to Mercedes. Mercedes was able to keep Ferrari at bay and cruise to another 1,2 finish.

2nd place Nico Rosberg

3rd place Sebastian Vettel

I'll place the race edit video on when I can. It seems to not let me embed it for some reason using the website feature. Here is the link though.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFXLuCs48Gw

This Sunday at 8AM PST will be the Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix at the Bahrain International Circuit. This is one of the few night races on the calendar. Will Ferrari make a move on Mercedes or will Mercedes extend it's gap over its rival?
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Jul 20, 2010
                        Sorry for the last update about the Bahrain Grand Prix. It was a great race to watch, Nico Rosberg and Kimi Raikkonen were on fire with the constant battling that happened on track. Rosberg was able to force Vettel into making a costly mistake by going wide of the track and damaging his front wing. Unfortunately Rosberg had to settle for third place after he and Lewis Hamilton had their brakes fail with 3 laps remaining in the race, forcing them to use engine braking and not going flat-out for those three laps allowing Kimi Raikkonen to over take Rosberg.

2nd place Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari
                        3rd place Nico Rosberg Mercedes

• Like Like x 1
                        • Apr 18, 2012
                          It's almost always Rosberg and Hamilton dominating for Mercedes. Like we already know who's going to win.
                        • Jul 20, 2010
                          This Sunday at 5am PST will be the Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espana Pirelli 2015 at the Circuit De Barcelona-Catalunya. Rosberg will be starting from pole beating out his teammate Hamilton. Ferrari seems to have lost some time to Mercedes, will this be another run away win for Mercedes or is Ferrari simply not showing their full speed?
                          • Like Like x 1
                          • Jul 20, 2010
                            The Spanish Grand Prix had some good racing around the mid pack and a rather nice battle between Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel for 2nd place. Nico Rosberg started from pole and ran away with the race leading the entire time except for when he stopped for tires. Ferrari was 45 seconds behind first place Nico Rosberg, seems like Ferrari has a lot more ground to make up.

1st place Nico Rosberg Mercedes

2nd place Lewis Hamilton Mercedes

3rd place Sebastian Vettel

The race edit can be seen here: https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/5/Race_Edit__Spain_'15.html

This Sunday at 5am PST will be the Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco at the Circuit De Monaco. This is the crown jewel of formula 1 and always makes for an exciting race. Can Rosberg make history and win this race for three years in a row and join an elite group of drivers to match this same feat at a very demanding circuit.
                            • Like Like x 1
                            • Jul 20, 2010
                              So the race at Monaco had it's moments with a few crashes and then some late drama when Max Verstappen crashed into the back of Grosjean's Lotus and brought out the safety car. Mercedes brought Hamilton in to pit and put on fresh option tires thinking everyone else would come in as well, but no one came in behind him. Hamilton then came out slotted third and this handed Rosberg the lead.

1st place Nico Rosberg Mercedes

2nd place Sebastian Vettel Ferrari

3rd place Lewis Hamilton Mercedes

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDjGiU07RWg